Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through October 17, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2207
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that placating enough for you 7?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 4213
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're a very good boy, 7. I know you try your hardest to win these contests. It's just not fair the other kids get all the breaks.
There, how's that?

Zitro

Post Number: 2208
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to puke. I hope EB comes back quick to clean it up

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, J and KR. That really was 100% better than nothing.

Jcole

Post Number: 4214
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so glad we could be of help to such a grateful person.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of positive reinforcement, do you all remember those little white circles we used to use to fix loose leaf sheets accidentally ripped out of our two or three ring binders?

I'm sure whatever chemical in the glue which became active upon licking the back of the reinforcements was thoroughly tested and deemed completely safe by the FDC.

Zitro

Post Number: 2209
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure of it 7, this is the same group that allowed Red Dye #2 so they must be looking out for us.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As we all know, Red Dye #2 wasn't so safe after all, but thanks to the quick action of the FDC, we are now left with a cadre of completely healthy Red Dyes, and all other allowable food dyes.

Yes, that's our government in action. I can't wait for my bailout check to arrive.

Zitro

Post Number: 2210
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too, I'm going to blow all of mine on bills.

Zitro

Post Number: 2211
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: What's gas at in your redneck of the woods? It's $2.59 here today. I never thought it would drop below $3.00 again.

Jcole

Post Number: 4216
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're around 2.82 up here

Zitro

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ames is as far north as Detroit.

Jcole

Post Number: 4217
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not in Detroit, I'm 'up here' from Detroit.

Zitro

Post Number: 2213
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Warren is "up here" from Detroit too.

Jcole

Post Number: 4218
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm further 'up here'. 40 Mile Rd.

Zitro

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I guess I didn't know "up here" was a quantifiable term.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 228
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

reinforcements - those bad boys did have a taste. may have been the juice from jim jones days?????????? just kidding. anyway, gas in nashville at the home depot by the house is now 2.99 - have seen it at 2.95. my sister who lives in roseville and works downtown detroit told me she saw it 2.70 something a couple of days go on gratiot. and z, you can bring your suburb redneck down here anytime and my 313 upbringing will remind you to stay home. never had any trouble down here, but was mugged at the marathon station on kelly south of eastland in 2003 when i was visiting my mom. 2 kids held me up, clerk inside did nothing, they reached in my pocket and pulled my rosary out and asked me for money. told them i had none, and they left me alone. they must have been 14 at most, but both had a hand in ther pocket - did not know what was in there if anything. really pissed me off - if they had a blade, no problem, but who the hell knew. and, the south is nothing like it was 20 yrs ago.

Zitro

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought when we were growing up we didn't use area codes.

12468_laing

Post Number: 229
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

z, i'm not your son, my dad's in heaven. ya know, all the catholic upbringing i've had, and all the prayers i've been doing both for my diaconate formation and personal reasons don't erase what happened in "my" neighborhood. until
you have the same experience i had, you will not understand the feelings i have for the st jude area. moved out in 82, and the only place i would ever consider going to is the church. that's the place to find peace. also, we didn't use area codes when we were growing up - there was only one, but look in the mirror, i bet you're grown up now.

12468_laing

Post Number: 230
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gees, z, yea, i had a bad day, my 401k is down 40%, the company i am working for is down 60%, have no idea what i will be doing in the near future, but you must be wearing those rose colored glasses from the head shops on gratiot, but this has nothing to do with this site. now you are looking to compare inventory lists. grow up, getting robbed is not the accepted way of life. drop the bravado. i don't know you and am glad i don't. i see this thread apparently is not to relive our great memories of sjs we all have. had some fun on it for a while, but i'm gone. didn't the nuns or fr ording teach you anything?

Zitro

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I could honestly make sense of your thought process I'd be happy to respond but I can't so I won't.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1569
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, if you're upset about your 401k, I just want you to know I get it. Believe me. I get it! My 401k is down so f'ing far, I think I f'ing owe money. Stressed about this? You bethca!

Somehow things got all cocked up here today. From what I know of Z, he meant no harm or foul when he used the "R" word (is that what started this?). I think it was at most meant as a little banter among friends ... among family. Since we're all miles and miles away from each other there was no good way to know today was not the best day for this.

If you're truly "gone" like you said, I wish you the best for your future, but I hope you reconsider. Forget the pills. You want to reduce your stress? Take that rosary out of your pocket, and say it. Works for me!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: I second that emotion. Hopefully we can all continue our banter no matter how inane, seemingly off topic, or even misunderstood. Yes, there is a special refuge in St. Jude church and for many of us this post is a nice place to revive those special memories of St. Jude Parish and the north east side. Hope you stick with us.

Zitro

Post Number: 2220
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next time my 401k statement comes and I'm crying in my own towel, I'll try to keep in mind I'm not alone and will layoff picking on anyone for at least a couple of days but that's it only a couple of days.

Deal Laing?

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You want stress over your retirement funds? Try being a dozen or so years older than you are & already retired.

I suspect by the time you need it, it will all be recovered.

I thought each of you might want to host this poor retiree, his wife & passel of pets. We can pull out beat-up camper into your back yard, plug in, come in for meals & get an allowance.

Who wants to be the first host (ess)? It would be the Christian thing to do.

Jcole

Post Number: 4228
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell, I don't even HAVE a 401k. It went when they laid us all off.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: I noticed you mentioned "Bernie" Schmidt, Anita Schmidt's older brother in another post. Was that Bernard Schmidt SJS class of 67?

Zitro

Post Number: 2221
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: You guys are welcome in our backyard anytime, we don't have electricity but we can steal my neighbors.

Jcole

Post Number: 4229
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, that would be him. he? whichever, yes he was a couple years older than Anita and I. I think he worked at the KFC up on 8 Mile, and went to either ND or Servite. Not Servite, Nativity

(Message edited by jcole on October 17, 2008)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1570
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One or more of you mentioned the Geck's from St. Jude/NDHS. Are the boys names Bob and Jeff?