Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through November 04, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stone...here's a little something for ya xox

Margie

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG... Do you play any instruments or sing ???

Margie

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.soundclick.com/memb ers/default.cfm?member=robin+w elch

Margie

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 473
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie, is the Kitty Hawk sitting at the Coronado Island Naval Station in San Diego in that picture?

Margie

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could'nt get my keyboard to work !!! anyway that is my son & I at the beginning of summer.

Margie

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good nite all...Mama's gotta hit the sheets !

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not really. Used to be the lead singer in a few garage bands in Rockford when I was 14 - 17 years old. Stnfrnt might remember some of these. Won a battle of the bands against the Paegans at 2nd. street north/sherwood when Bun e carlos from Cheap Trick was playing with them. Played the Rumpus Room a few times, remember that place Larry? Used to jam on the blues harp with the Esquires down in Champaign at second chance once in a while. Remember them Larry? That was back when REO and Head East were bar bands down there. Irving Azof was running a local agency there. I was working as a roadie and they used to let me sit in once and a while. Lost my voice or confidence around 18. Loved those days though. So, yes and no.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 474
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isle, your post #24 is right on the money. I see young men, and not so young men also, coming to the VA with serious mental and physical problems due to wars. And now it's this war in Iraq. When are our representatives going to learn? They are so ignorant and corrupt.

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG....HELL YES I remember the Paegans. Who else was in that band? What did you guys call yourself and who were the other guys? Roger swing and I would hitchike to the Rumpus Room every Friday night. It's in Gus's home town--Belvidere. The Buck twins were the Esquires and Pat Glass fronted The Redwoods. Saw some great groups there. The Roemans (Tommy Roe's road band), the Buckinghams, Tim Davis and the Chordaires (Ken Ademany-Cheap Trick's manager-on bass, and a couple guitar players/vocalists named Steve Miller and Boz Scaggs), the Flock, and do you remember the Grim Reapers/Fuse? We played there a few times but I don't think we were Stonefront back then. Jeep Capone was my drummer. You look like Palladin in the photo. Wasn't Styx kicking around So. Il. too?

Margie...Great looking Telly. Whose is it? Hope that little guy gets involved.

1klsn..do you work with veterans?

Did anybody else ever climb out on the roof to the top of the house? Can't remember how I got out there but it was worth the effort.

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Garfield Wood was an industrialist who developed the back loader refuse truck which made his fortune and allowed him to build the mansion and to manufacture and maintain his winning hydroplanes throughout the years. The best of the the hydroplane drivers we will ever see.

Margie

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.G.& STONE...IS THIS THE RIGHT FLOCK ?????????

#
YouTube - The Flock~Store Bought Store Thought
Play Video
audio only of a classic cut from the 1st Flock LP..."progressive rock" at its finest,Doc Nemo in Cleveland,Ohio used to open his late 60's "un...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaVEzB D4MlY - 113k - Cached

Margie

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3s, and Order Information
Pagans

"Live Road Kill 1978-89" CD

Pagans - Live Road Kill 1978-89Pagan's are raw-ass punk rock legends from Cleveland. This is a great collection of rare & unreleased live tracks from 1978 to 1989. Even after CRYPT Records two 2001 releases "Shit Street" & "The Pink Album...Plus!" more than 70% of the tracks from "Live Road Kill" are found on this CD only! Must have for any true fan of the Pagans or 70's Punk Rock. 27 tracks total. Art by Joseph Vargo.

MP3s
"Can't Explain"
"When I Die"

Margie

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.60sgaragebands.com/ interviews/esquires.html

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SURPRISE!!!
I just heard from and talked to Mark Hoover!!!!!
His phone number is 561-732-1855. He said he wanted me to post it so there it is - and he wants to hear from everyone! He gave me lots of contact info on other people so I'll start making more calls.
I won't leave this thread but I do think we need to run the reunion through direct email now. So I'll put together an email/phone contact sheet.
That way I can reach everyone at the same time and get the details pulled together.

and it keeps on gettin' better.........

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 385
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth, great job finding Hoover. Does he plan on joining this thread?

Here's another photo thanks to 1kielsondrive

That bridge was kinda creepy looking on a full moon night, I must say. This pic sure was a fun flashback for me. I'm sure it'll rattle a few cobwebs.

Margie

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW.......... What a great pic !!!Boy does that bring back the memories and now that I'm not high,I can really see where the heck I was going !!! lol

Margie

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do I sound like a complete airhead...I loved the THC
and other assorted goodies.

Margie

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ladies & Gentlemen...I give you an all grown up Mark Hoover !

Margie

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.heartlitesound.com/
Mark Hoovers website...xox

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK here's another memory from that infamous halloween.....

Someone was at the doorway asking for "donations" of a $1-2 to "keep the house running." We took turns doing that. Fergie, god bless him, was at the other side of the door with a big gallon bottle of rot-gut wine asking for "donations' to "get the house high" People actually reached into their pockets and offered up a pill or two to add to the bottle. We had no idea what mix of drugs went into that concoction but when there was a good coating of pills at the bottom of the bottle a bunch of us headed to a private room. Fergie shook the bottle up and we passed it around - all taking a big swallow. Is it not amazing that we are alive to tell the story?!

Margie

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LIKE THIS BETTER !

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 72
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VOTE!

Jarvo
Username: Jarvo

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree!
Go out and cast your ballot...just on the point that you're free and able and allowed to.

Rocketwhit
Username: Rocketwhit

Post Number: 77
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is I Rocketwhit...

The bridge Photo GREAT!

Thats one Hot-Rod Tele!

I absolutetly can't wait for re-union, I am feeling prouder every day to have helped re-unite Gar Wooders if by chance only on this page and thread.

Girls i will get you my E-mail address soon. Thankyou Sooooo very much for your efforts in pulling this together.

It does'nt matter where it's held, somewhat to me as long as it's held....

There is so much we can do....
Music, FUN
Also, Fun and music
Don't forget, music and fun
MUSIC AND FUN!!!

I vote for Gar Wooders the country could learn somthing from our lovers of life cats...

Servite76
Username: Servite76

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guy's better do something quick, Rocketwhit is about to blast off of the pier at Angel Park.

I spent 2 hours yesterday reading each and every post on this thread. It was like reading a good book that I couldn't put down. Keep those great stories coming.

Margie

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John C. I know you are here because you are totally connected to us. We are a huge part of your life and you are a huge part of ours. We will wait for you, but John...we want to love on you...if we all join together ...you will be able to accomplish what your heart desires.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 477
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hoover can't look that good. No way. He did more d*#@s and crazy a#s s*@t than any of us. Well okay, maybe not more. C'mon, his teeth and hair must've fallen out. He has to be on a walker. What's with that smile? Where are the coke bottle glasses? Gadzooks, life sure isn't fair. Arrggghhh! All kidding aside, it's great that he'll be joining us and BIG CHEERS to Ruth for her find. Another key piece of the puzzle. Breeze and Linda can't be far behind.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 478
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know gang, a real story teller will be spinning tales now. On top of that Hoover's been doing radio, so he's an expert at drama and embellishment. Can't wait!

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 138
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, 1KD, I'm looking at those photos and wondering, if all you guys look that good, I don't know if I want to show up at the class reunion. Holy shit, last time I saw him he was falling into a table full of candles. Give us a post Hoover.