Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » UFC » Archive through September 08, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 770
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Silva is fighting soon...HE is going against Antonio Menedes on may 24th...I'm guessing he should dominate.

Who is the most underrated fighter in the UFC?

My vote:
Manvel Gambuyran
Matt Hamel

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 392
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamel for sure...Gambuyran has those shoulder issues all the time and it stops him from fighting to his full potential, so I think he is pegged correctly.

Hamel was cheated out of a win over Bisbing in Liverpool....and Bispbing had to know it. All around great fighter, good grappling, strong submissions, and decent hands. The fact he is able to fight with very little imput from his corner during the fight just goes to show how talented the fighter actually is.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 772
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about overrated fighters...

Bisbing

D_mcc

Post Number: 393
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bispbing, Matt Hughes, Bonner, Aussureo Silva

The UFC needs Baroni to come back and thump the junk outta people...bring back the NYC BADDASS

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 478
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can you understand a word that comes out of his mouth?

D_mcc

Post Number: 394
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phil? nah...don't need to when hes raining down hammer fists on someones orbital bone.

I hear he's HUGE in Japan

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 479
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually meant Bisbing.

Baroni IS a badass.

D_mcc

Post Number: 399
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh...yeah I can, but only because I have relatives from Ireland...just listen to the common words...usually he just thanks his fans and says he should have won.
I think even he was surprised when they announced his name against Hamel.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 778
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hughes is not overrated...he is a great fighter who cannot match GSP. At one time he was one of the best fighters in the UFC...The evolution of the UFC has made Hughes a non factor.

Phil Baroni is no good.

D_mcc

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thus...him being over rated now. I didn't say he was always over rated. Now he is outclassed and gets fights based on his name alone...

Phil is good...anyone who dominates their weight class in a stacked PRIDE division...is pretty good

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 786
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When i see baroni fight he always gets gassed...Is he dominating pride now? I thought he hust lost to some Kolue guy? Baroni cannot win in the UFC!

D_mcc

Post Number: 423
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was one of the top in his weight class. Pride is defunct now, so I don't know who he is fighting for.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 789
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

UFC this Wed. on spike.

Is anyone watching?

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 489
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be tuned in...thanks for the reminder!

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=1072

A couple good fights on the card. I just want to see that friggin retard Clay Guida get his head bashed in. He reminds of the Geico cavemen.

(Message edited by kid dynamite on April 02, 2008)

D_mcc

Post Number: 599
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Except he can fight...He DOMINATED Huerta untill he took a knee in the mouth...Guida is a solid lightweight fighter...

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 490
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah...but his The Big Lebowski "The Dude" schtick was only cool up until about 1978.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 797
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a pretty good ifc...ALthough i thought the ref stole the fight from Karo Parysian(sp)...He stoped the fight way to quick. Karo did get caught with a knee and buckled but when he was on his back he defended himself...Alves punches were hitting his shoulders and arms when it was called.

KenFlo is a beast. He cannot touch Penn but he is pretty good. He is in the same situation as Rich Franklin...Both are really good but cant beat the best.

Did anyone notice how winded fighters were getting from the altitude?

I agree about Gudia...he can fight and does beat people down. Hureta seems a bit overrated to me.

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 513
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GSP is the man. What an ASS KICKING he landed on Serra. I always though Serra got very lucky in their first fight. Maybe St. Pierre was hung over that day. Anyways, the champ is back.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 822
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GSP is amazing. I would love to se him fight spider silva for a title.

Who would win?

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 934
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BJ is as dominant at GSP. There is talk that BJ is going to fight GSP. Its not totally fair because of weight but it would be a good fight. I saw BJ almost beat GSP when he was fat and out of shape. Bj broke his nose in round 1 and lost in a decision. He ended up getting gassed...

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 557
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kimbo slice about to fight free on cbs!!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8014
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh... I saw the Kimbo fight and it didn't look that good for the guy. And now all of this conspiracy theory about it is starting to swirl as well. Internet sensation to reality bust in one night.

D_mcc

Post Number: 797
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diego wins again...

I can't stand him

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 602
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody watch Rampage/Griffin? Jackson completely underestimated him. Griffin deserved the win. He has gotten better and better over the past 4 years. He is tough SOB. Good for him. I hope he keeps the title for a little while.

That is, until my boy Thiago Silva gets a crack at him. His title shot is due.

Anyways, Rampage lost with class. He was humble in his interview afterwards.

D_mcc

Post Number: 995
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They will do a Forrest Rampage Rematch first

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 604
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ramage arrested after 5 minute police chase. Video on TMZ.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/16/ rampage-over-takedown-on-tape/

D_mcc

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to agree...Chuck will be back though...

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RAshad must get the title shot...I missed the fight but saw Liddell fold. It did not look good. THe UFC moves fast and has passed by chuck!

D_mcc

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DB...nope...he's still a top draw...Dana will bring him back if Chuck is willing to fight.

Did you not see him take down Wandy???

Mfs
Username: Mfs

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard Coture is getting paid like $3 million to fight Brock Lesnor. That will be the biggest PPV UFC ever..no question.