Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through November 28, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2435
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately, the Lions won't be blacked out where I live,

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 275
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

plans for the long weekend? My son is getting home at 4:30 today from Annapolis - can't wait to see him and youngest is coming in from tn tech also. Mass tomorrow morning at 10, dinner at the inlaws - 5 mins away from our house, and of course football. just to let everyone know, jeff fisher - titans coach is not taking this game lightly. ya never know.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 4818
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, sounds like a good day. It'll be good to have both sons with you.

Z, it's not blacked out here either, more's the pity. Just more indigestion for the fans.

Zitro

Post Number: 2436
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew they gave them an extension on the blackout, I didn't realize they ended up selling what was needed. Detroit as a whole needs the Lions to win, (sorry Laing) it feels like it's so fashionable for the whole country to be piling on Detroit right now. Having a winless team on the national stage isn't helping.

Jcole

Post Number: 4819
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's as if we're under that black cloud from 'Pogo' years ago. What was that characters name, Joe Bltsfpk or something like that?
Leno makes fun of us, even while trying to to make a statement in favor of a Big 3 bailout. They're starting to equate the Lions to the Big 3. Not good

Jcole

Post Number: 4820
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That should have been Joe Btfsplk from L'il Abner, not Pogo.

Zitro

Post Number: 2437
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to buy a vowel Pat.

Jcole

Post Number: 4823
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His name is pronounced like a Bronx cheer.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although Jay Leno mercilessly berates the Lions, he deserves kudos for his staunch support of Detroit during the auto/financial crisis. Hopefully the Lions will do a Jets number on the Titans (sorry Laing...love em or hate em, they're our cats)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL. ENJOY

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Lions! Beat the Titans! (NAN)

12468_laing

Post Number: 276
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thought I would give the link for the game from the titans website. GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.titansonline.com/ga meday/gameday12.php

Zitro

Post Number: 2439
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy Thanksgiving all. Throw on Planes, Trains & Automobiles for a great Thanksgiving Movie.

Give thanks to our troops for truly keeping us safe. A grim reminder with what's happening in India today. The troops have kept us from being attacked since 9-11 and for that I'm thankful.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1708
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Z, I second your thoughts of appreciation about our brave young men and women in the service...so many of them far away from home...dedicated, and committed to the cause of freedom, and protecting our homeland.

May God continue to bless them in all their missions, protect them, and bring them home with honor and victory.

God Bless America!

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 482
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 3:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THE HAPPIEST OF THANKSGIVINGS TO ALL OF YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS EVERYWHERE!

God bless our troops and the tireless, brave work they do to keep us safe and praying they all come home soon.

Let us all remember our ancestors before us who we love and give thanks for them being in and touching our lives.

Let us all look round us today and count our blessings big and small.

May all of you reap abundant blessings, happiness, success, peace, love and prosperity in the coming year and always.

I am glad to know you all.
My Love In Christ Our Lord,
Diane

12468_laing

Post Number: 277
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

happy thanksgiving to all my new st jude and detroit friends. may all of you have a wonderful day giving thanks for family, friends and our faith. remember the military.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All -
Checking in from Warren - and wanting to wish you ALL a Happy Thanksgiving. Thank God for St. Jude Parish and bringing us all together!
M

Jcole

Post Number: 4831
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A very happy Thanksgiving to all of you and hoping you have much to be thankful for.

Zitro

Post Number: 2440
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another thing I'm grateful for is that I'm not at Fraud Field (sorry 7, your line) watching this debacle

Jcole

Post Number: 4835
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, they got a touchdown. Isn't that like winning?

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 483
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First Quarter Stats: 23-1 TN. oy vey.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish I could take credit for that line. Anyway, tomorrow is another day...a fresh start. I hope they don't fire Marinelli now. For one, he's a decent stand-up guy who loves coming into work each day, and who doesn't throw his people under a bus...even though many of them deserve it. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to the next person.

I say Ford Motor doesn't get the federal loan guarantee unless their workable plan for the future includes the Lions.

Zitro

Post Number: 2441
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you suggesting that we hold management responsible for putting a quality team on the field? The gall.

12468_laing

Post Number: 278
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey guys, hope everoone had a good turkey day. believe it or not, i thought the game hurt, too. titans did play better than the lions, but what will it seriously take to get the lions going again? i heard they have 2 1st round picks in the draft - qb and who else? i'm not gloating, believe me.

Zitro

Post Number: 2442
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can pretty much take your pick on where to draft. No QB in the first round though they don't usually pan out. Go after Matt Castle from NE as a free agent. Both lines need to be overhauled.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, you guys got a good team...maybe a great one. And I'm not even going to blame you for running up the score like I'm apt to do. Not only am I apt to blame a team for running up a score, but it often leads to a "long and healthy hate". In this case, however, it looks like our sissies were just going through the motions. We deserved the embarrassment. WCF deserved the embarrassment. There is a clamoring for the old man to step down and for Junior to take charge. I hope this happens. Better than that, I wish the team will be sold...even if they move it...sad to say. 0-12...this is nuts!

Z, unfortunately, management is so evidently nonexistent on this team. "Where's the Tylenol"?

(Message edited by 7andkelly on November 27, 2008)

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 559
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

God bless.

12468_laing

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in looking through the paper this morning, most all the points scored by the titans were in the first half,- only 6 in each of the last 2 quarters. lions scored in the first half only - that really makes me wonder - everyone sees and knows marinelli is a good guy - takes the blame on himself, not his players. nice or not, how can the coaching staff not be able to even get a 3 in a half? i think they need a gm, not the set up they have now, then go for a good coach, then staff, then trade well. again, not bashing the lions - i've followed them so many years - and to think dante is wearing greg landry's number.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On a positive Jason Hanson is in the record books for most 50 plus yards field goals.

Laing: The scenario of new gm, new coaching staff, new players has been done over and over again with the same sub optimal results. Kudos to Mr. Ford for moving the Lions back to the D and making contributions to Ford Field and its infrastructure but time has come for him and his executive staff to move on. The ownership is the one common thread throughout the Lion's recent tenure. Just like the recent St. Jude school closing and George Harrison's album, ALL THINGS MUST PASS (no pun intended).. it's time for change.

Jokerman
Username: Jokerman

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't read the thousands of posts in this thread, so I don't know if this has been reported before.

Father Pasquale LoGrasso passed away in September. Here's the link.

http://www.aodonline.org/AODOn line/News+++Publications+2203/ Michigan+Catholic+News+12203/2 008+15937/080912LoGrasso.htm

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1258
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jokerman. Fr. LoGrasso's passing was posted and discussed just a couple of weeks ago. Who could forget his humorous, self deprecating manner especially in situations in pronouncing last names while passing out report cards or during his homilies. He was one of the first priests I remember at St. Jude. Do you any particular memories or stories to share regarding Fr. LoGrasso?