Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through December 08, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, I'm guessing Vic was Donna's older brother?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 4980
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cfg, oh, I'd be real distracting in a short pleated skirt, all right. You would just about hear the jaws dropping as they hit the floor, especially when I try to jump on your shoulders, fall, dislocate a hip and show everyone what's UNDER the short pleated skirt.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2488
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Not sure who Donna is, we graduated with a Debbie Battani but I think it's a different family.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahahahahahaha-
J - I can picture the scene in my mind, and though it isn't pretty - it's pretty hilarious! and the consequences of our gymnastic maneuvers would rival those of the Olympians!

Jcole

Post Number: 4984
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kind of like the old ABC footage of 'The Agony of Defeat'

Zitro

Post Number: 2489
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ND just lost a 75' alum. I used to bowl with Dave on the ND High School team along with his brother Ray. Too young.

MARCIL DAVID MICHAEL
December 8, 2008

December 5, 2008. Age 51. Beloved husband of Rosemarie. Dear father of Brian and Michael. Loving son of Raymond and Joanne. Dear brother of Ray, Richard (Lana), Denise (Larry) Bailey and Mary Kay (Paul) Fox. Son-in-law of Joseph (Mary) Lorenz. Brother-in-law of Joe Lorenz. Also remembered by many loving aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends. Visitation at Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons, Inc. (Shelby Twp.) 54880 Van Dyke at 25 Mile Rd. Monday 4-9 p.m., Tuesday 1-9 p.m., Prayers Tuesday at 7 p.m. In state Wednesday 10 a.m. at St. John Vianney Catholic Church, 54045 Schoenherr (between 24 and 25 Mile Rds.) until time of Mass at 10:30 a.m. Tributes to David and Rosemarie's Children's College Fund are welcome. Burial Resurrection. David was a member of the American Institution of CPA's and the Bowler's 300 Club. David also was a sports enthusiast and a devoted Hockey Dad. He really was THE TOTAL PACKAGE! Share Memories with the Family at their "On-Line Guest Book" at WujekCalcaterra.com

Zitro

Post Number: 2490
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also I saw this yesterday and I believe this a SJ alum 69'. I knew Robert and his brother Dave. EB you may have known an older sister or 2, I think they lived on Eastburn and I think their father was a member of the usher club. The Fishers were cousins of the Mette's

FISHER ROBERT J Dec
December 7, 2008

4, 2008. Age 54 of Marine City, formerly of Harper Woods. Retired from G.M. Powertrain Plant, Warren. Best friend and husband of Carol Ann. Father of Kimberly (Ray) Martin, Brian Fisher and Michele (Scott) Cherry. Grandfather of Jordan and Kayla Cherry, Holly Martin and Ray Martin III. Son of Jean Fisher and the late George F. Fisher. Brother of Sue Harrington, Mary Hein, Judy Austin, David Fisher, Elaine Kunnath and Janet Shoener. Memorial Service Saturday, December 13 at 10 a.m. in New Life Assembly of God Church, 16975 E. 12 Mi. Rd., Roseville, MI 48066 bet. Utica Rd. and (M-97) Groesbeck Hwy.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Thanks for the postings... went to SJ with Dave and my mom know Jean Fisher very well.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1755
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, thanks, Z. I went to school with Elaine, and our family knew the Fisher's as well.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 571
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well 7, since you were a success with your water heater, maybe you'd like to take a run up here to check out my furnace. Got home at midnight last night to a 60 degree house & the computerized thermostat announcing "System malfunction. Call technician."

Fortunately we have a very efficient gas fireplace in the living room & a good electric dish heater from Costco for the bedroom. Got things to a manageable 66 by morning.

Now waiting for the "technician" to get here from Pigeon.

Had a great dinner with the ND guys & spouses last night. Good meal. Didn't get mugged.

Life is good!

Jcole

Post Number: 4999
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, glad you didn't get mugged. That'll happen today after the tech is done with the furnace and hands you a bill.
Speaking of Pigeon, is Mary Ann's Flower shop still there? I used to go out with a guy named Mike Dast whose mother owned that shop.

Eastburn

Post Number: 572
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, I think Mary Ann's is still open. I believe that's where we got flowers for my father-in-law's funeral a couple of years ago.

Several folks were talking about Sheila C. last night. I learned she & my 1st wife were classmates at Regina.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1756
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, everything J said in her first two sentences.

I wish I could get up there today and take a look at your fancy shmancy furnace! Mine doesn't talk like yours, but since yours does, my gut tells me to SHUTDOWN the furnace at the breaker, wait 30 seconds, and REBOOT. If you suspect a gas leak, you might want to send in a canary first...or just wait for your pigeon.

Zitro

Post Number: 2492
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure how much snow you guys have had but I had the outside vent blocked by a snow drift one time and it caused the computer to shut the furnace down due to incorrect air mixture. Took me a while to diagnose that one but I did it just before making that dreadful phone call for service.

Eastburn

Post Number: 573
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, didn't think of that. Should have since nowadays rebooting fixes all kinds of stuff. have to do that with the microwave every now & then. Oh well, the furnace guy is on the way.

Z, there's more snow downstate right now than here. I'll keep that in mind, though.

Thanks

Eastburn

Post Number: 574
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Turns out there is a recall on the heat exchanger. Will be covered under warranty. Yippee!

Jcole

Post Number: 5006
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woo hoooo.
Good on ya, EB.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your first Christmas Present, EB!

Zitro

Post Number: 2493
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't beat those free fixes.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E, glad you didn't get soaked. What did the FG say was wrong with the part?

BTW, the same thing happened to me that happened to Z once when the snow was PHD.

Zitro

Post Number: 2494
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Piled Hip Deep?

Jcole

Post Number: 5008
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wondered that, too.

Zitro

Post Number: 2495
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 has his own acronyms for the world he lives in, it's not always apparent to the rest of us.

Eastburn

Post Number: 575
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, don't quite recall what he said was wrong. I was still hung up on "no charge".

Thanks, all.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1758
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's me. WYSIWYG.

Piled Higher and Deeper...can't take credit for that one...except for it's creative use in this context.

"FG" means furnace guy, and it's funny because if follows "E"...at least it's funny to me.

Jcole

Post Number: 5011
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's our quirky little 7andkelly.

Mkap
Username: Mkap

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KRoad -Yes that's the same Choike family.

7K - Glad the fix was the board. Keep the old board as a spare, or put it back on till it goes for good, you will then have a new one on hand when it's out of warranty.

CFG - Thanks for the hearty welcome. It's nice to touch base with some old friends and neighbors.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new one's on there, and working, M, so I think I will leave it alone and keep the old one for a spare...especially since my suggestion we could all just shower at the rec center for a couple of days did not go over well:-)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, thanks for your understanding and acceptance.

Jcole

Post Number: 5015
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are more than welcome, and the sentiment is reciprocated