Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » 2008 Lions Football » Archive through November 30, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2967
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions will be televised locally on Thanksgiving.

I'll try not to repeatedly stab my eyes with a fork while watching them. :-(

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's GREAT! I will watch the game closely!

I believe individual Lions players will give an extra effort because of the National TV broadcast.

This single game will be sort of an audition for players to showcase their talent to other teams for next season. I believe Culpepper will have a Big game along with other Lions that will be on the 'chopping block' after the season!

It would be in Coach Marinelli and the Lions best interest to showcase players that will be up for trade for draft picks.

I predict the Lions will win...

Lions 27
Titans 24

That's right I said it!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama, put the pressure on 09'

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 486
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From another thread, searched for "detroit message boards" , and stumbled upon The Lions official one. It's been taken down, heh.

Looking forward to watching the game on Thursday.

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 135
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...along with other Lions that will be on the 'chopping block' after the season!"

LOL chopping block??? They ought to be praying they don't play for this team once the season ends.

(Message edited by izzyindetroit on November 25, 2008)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9375
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I admire your courage there Blksoul_x. That's an awfully bold prediction you're making there but I can at least respect that you're making it from a fan's point of view.

I wish I could be as confident as you but I'm also thinking that the Titans might want to show off a few of their wares as well.

Border5150
Username: Border5150

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions offense (Culpepper really) might put up some impressive numbers, but their defense is so God-awful that I think they'll still lose

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 685
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last Sunday his numbers were 8 out of 20, with 2 intercepts. Hope he does better than that.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 986
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone else notice that none of the Lions on the field goal team congratulated Jason Hanson on that 53 yard FG?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 987
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to admit this is the first game I have watched this season. The defense is biting on every run fake and non run fake.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3105
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here I am, posting parade pictures...missing a Lions highlight!! Off to watch the game...

20043_stotter

Post Number: 686
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen, you are not missing anything.

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, the whole nation gets to watch this?

20043_stotter

Post Number: 687
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, only half the nation is watching, after the first half, most of the nation has turned them off. Sponsors are the big losers, because less patrons are watching the commercials. Lyin's, you are an embarassment and the joke of the NFL. I hope Marinelli gets fired after the game.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

35-10 at the half.

Could the score be doubled to 70-20 at the end of this debacle, or will the Titans decide to show mercy to this inept abomination of an NFL team?

I have watched the Lions since 1969, and must say that I have never seen such a horrible team like this, even during the darkest years of the Mornhinweg and Rogers eras.

WCF should take out a full page ad in the Detroit News and Free Press, apologizing for insulting the metro-Detroit area with this pile of steaming crap of a team at the end of the season. The Lions' brass should be ashamed of themselves.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 261
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can just sense the reluctancy that Nance and Simms have telecasting this game. Even the CBS studio team is mocking this game. It would be disheartening to see the Lions lose the Thanksgiving Day game, but with this showing, why not?

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3915
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On this Thanksgiving day, I sat in my cozy Nevada home and watched the Lions for the first time this season.

On this Thanksgiving day, I give thanks that this is the ONLY time I will have to watch the Lions this season.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4086
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bigb - "I'll try not to repeatedly stab my eyes with a fork while watching them."

Gosh, they were awful!

Hope your eyes are ok.

Ray1936

Post Number: 3919
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad as they are, and good as the Titans are, it was really BUSH for the Tennessee coach to throw that red flag on a completed Lions' pass with less than three minutes to go and the score 48-10.

I think all the people in the NFL are getting as wacky as the people in NASCAR, quite frankly.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 688
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders, The Lyin's organization is not ashamed of themselves. They are making money hand over fist and are patting each other on the back. They are making huge profits with only minimal expenditure. When you do this, you are a success, at your business. Don't look for much improvement in the future. The best indicator of the future is the past. It's been 51 years since a championship. They are so bad for so long, that some faithfool fans still follow them because they are consistent. As ridiculous as that sounds, I kid you not. I would like them to be a success for the fans, but they don't care about the fans as long as the money comes in.

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1887
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like there in NV Ray, this will likely be the only Lions' game shown here in NM this season. Thank goodness. What a pathetic excuse for a professional football team. The entire team and staff should be ashamed and embarrased to wear the uniform.

I laughed at some of the comments above concerning the Lions having good draft picks and a making good GM choice. There is absolutely nothing in the Fords' history to indicate that they are capable of making those choices. The only way this team ever improves is if the team is sold, and the sad result is that it might end up in LA if that happens.

Smogboy

Post Number: 9384
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The worst part about the Thanksgiving game is we get stotty and his feeble Lions rant/ lecture a few days in advance. The most shocking thing is he actually wrote more in more than his usual 2-3 sentence allotment.

Did anyone in their right minds think that the Lions were going to stand a chance today? I've already resigned myself to the FACT that this season is a wash regardless if they win the remaining games. What makes anyone think that William Clay Ford doesn't care about winning? If this was solely just a money making venture for him- why even spend up to the salary cap on this team then? Why build a brand new state-of-the-art stadium down town? Why build a state-of-the-art practice facility in Allen Park? Why did he have one of the highest paid GMs in that managerial buffoon, Matt Millen? If by all accounts that anyone thinks he doesn't want to win and he's still making money hand over fist in this league, why even spend what he's spending now then?

I sincerely think he WANTS to win but has made idiotic mistakes in hiring the wrong people and staying loyal to them. WCF is inept at hiring good solid football expertise and maybe as he gets older, Bill Jr. will step in there and hire a solid management team with some vision (unlike Millen drafting numerous number one wide outs like he was collecting Beanie Babies). I'm also sure old man Ford knows that if he can somehow climb over this hump and produce a winner of some kind he can even make MORE money. I just don't think he knows how yet.

So yeah, you can be a fan of any team in the league you want to follow. Go for it. if you want to be a total pessimist about this team or be optimistically delusional- be my guest. You can lose ALL hope for this team and quit watching the NFL but I doubt if many of you will- it's still an amazing game; how many of fans still watch the Super Bowl even though it has nothing to do with the team they support? How many of us participate in fantasy football regularly? How many of us come back here regularly and attempt to discuss rationally the Lions?

I'm willing to admit I still care about this team even though it's tough to stomach this season but if a season of misery can lead to something positive in the future, then I can hold out some measure of hope. The most obvious signs of hope were Millen getting shown the door (finally), Roy Williams getting traded for an amazing amount of draft picks (did we actually fleece Jerry Jones in this deal?), the emergence of Calvin Johnson, and a guaranteed high draft pick in the off season. This miserable team is ours- make no bones about it. And it will improve. We'll be taken for a horrific ride to the bitter end of the season and hope for better soon.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 693
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By not firing Marinelli, sends the message that Ford tolerates losing and losers. This is why he needs to fire him now and send the message, that it won't be tolerated. It doesn't make any difference at all who takes his place for the last 4 games. It will be the message for the fans. Well, except to the ones that don't mind the losing as long as they are consistent at losing. I know, it sounds nuts, doesn't it, but it's true. I will not name names, to protect the innocent.

Smogboy

Post Number: 9389
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Firing Marinell is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. If anything it'll just make for more paper work in the front offices. We fans really don't care if it's Daunte Culpepper scribbles plays in the turf prior to taking the snaps any more. We've resolved ourselves to the fact that this team stinks royally already this season.

If according to certain people's logic (again no names will be mentioned here to protect/ insult their ancient uninspired thought processes) that William Clay Ford doesn't care about the fans- then firing Marinelli would go against that trend. It's amazing that one so old and dumb can actually call out for Ford firing Marinelli FOR the fans and say he doesn't care for fans. Lemme see, they were quoted as saying "they don't care about the fans as long as the money comes in" and yet wants the Fords to suddenly send a "message for the fans" that he cares. Talk about INconsistencies! Obviously certain fans have forgotten to take their medication and can't remember from one rant from another within hours of posting. It must be horrible to be so ancient and bitter of a fan in denial. I implore all true Lions fans to please have sympathy on this poor Lions fan because they're doing the same thing that Rod Marinelli says after every game and it's getting tired. Not only does it get tired, it offers no sense of perspective, no insights, and quite honestly- no intelligence.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 694
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've remained quiet about your attacks on me, but let me tell you. I find it very amusing to have you under my control. You are more trainable than Pavlov's Dogs. Ring-a-ling, Ring-a-ling. It may be that you are lacking any intelligence. Ring-a-ling, Ring-a-ling. Here he comes again.

Smogboy

Post Number: 9398
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean the Lions have you under control stotty. What are you going to do this Sunday when they don't play? Or in the off season when you have nothing to write about?

And y'know what? I guess I would feel "attacked" too if I couldn't defend myself (alas I can and can also be man enough to admit it if I was wrong here). Let me know when you can substantiate some of the things or add some more depth to the things you say here. Your three sentence comments after a game have about as much depth as Drew Henson's sweat pool after a game.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 695
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ring-a-ling again. :-) :-) :-) Gotcha in my control.

Smogboy

Post Number: 9401
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ring-a-ling ding- you still can't bring up a worthy Lions point to discuss!

Care to discuss how you predicted Roy Williams was going to be gone for nothing LAST season? Care to discuss your calls about Rod Marinelli being fired a few weeks back? Let's not even talk about your Antonio MyDyess/ Pistons talk about how he was gonna go to the Lakers, Celtics, and everybody BUT the Pistons...

Talk about credibility. Woooo. Dare I say it- but Matt Millen's GM experience has more moxie than your comments.

Ray1936

Post Number: 3925
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys put up a better fight than all the Lions and their coaches combined! :-)

20043_stotter

Post Number: 696
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good post Ray. It is quite immature. I'm done arguing though, but will continue to post about those STINKIN' LYIN'S. :-)

(Message edited by 20043 stotter on November 29, 2008)

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEY! there is nothing but good football on tv today.