Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through December 16, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sug
Username: Sug

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candy I remember that car very well . Drove it to San Diego when you were moving from LA . Got busted for car theft and spent three days in the felony tank until you showed up with the pink slip. Up side I got to work on my astrial projection.

Sug

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candy next full moon would be better it will be warmer and more people.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sug As long as you will be there for the February full moon thats all that matters.We'll be warm enuff
we have already made plans to be at Apache Junction(gold canyon golf resort) on
Saturday(late) 02/07/2009 thru Tuesday(leave A.M.)
We were invited to meet Sir Elton John in Las Vegas on Wednesday.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 969
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

candy-man- Olies, i remember it well.Where are you living now? This GW thread is great. I used to go to the mansion. after it was torn down. does anyone have pictures of it, around 1974-75?

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 191
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two flyswatters to the contestant who can tell me the name of the newsguy on the tv in Hoover's 'cute' picture.

Cndymn...correctamundo on the Baby Doe info. Gash and I have actually been to (through) Leadville, CO. There was an abandoned, old building with Leadville Feed Seed and Bag Company painted in big black letters on the side. That stuck with me, for some reason, and years later that's what we called our band when we were in Viet Nam. But, you can call us Leadville for short.
Your weather report is fascinating, just fascinating, just fasc.......................... .............................. .........................*##&* &^!@# Sorry. My keyboard froze up. Had to set it out her in that warm California sun.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 216
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do you want the flyswatters? Anyway you're wrong.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah, I see, collectors items! You're still wrong.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Al Ackerman?

Det313grrl

Post Number: 219
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I got it right, I'll forfeit the prize, thank you!

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 288
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sug, remember this night? Whoops, parked on top of the barn again. I thought I remembered that one as being your fault, but... It seems like it was the night we got into an argument because you were criticizing my driving skills. Then you went in your room and passed out.

I stewed about it for a while, and then decided that I could probably shove the wood burner, which was right outside your bedroom door, into your room and crush you. As I was shoving it through the door, the legs caught on the threshold and it tipped over, falling short of your bed but falling on one of your scuba tanks and clipping the valve.

The tank didn't exactly shoot through the wall, so I thought you were kind of over reacting when you jumped up and we fought our way out to the kitchen, where you grabbed a cast iron skillet, smacked me across the back of the head, and then I went to sleep. Although, it could have been another night. Man, we used to have a good time.
fd.gif

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2826
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Story OG, - and yes that was Al Ackerman.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, Hoover what did you delete this time?

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill Bonds.......or that John guy that married Marilyn the weather chic

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 709
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mural on the side of the building at Liberty and State Streets in Ann Arbor is signed Richard Wolk and is dated 1984. It's a painting take on the Mount Rushmore presidential sculptures. Sorry I didn't get a photo, my camera is kaputs and I've yet to replace it.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 710
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG and rest of the gang: the KOA Campground in the Detroit area is called the Detroit Greenfield KOA. It's actually in Ypsilanti, across the lake from my condo, on Bunton Road. I've never been in it but I've driven by many times. It looks quite nice. It's on a small lake, more like big pond. Ford lake is about a half a mile north and the Ford Lake Park boat launch is right there. You can check out the information at KOA.com and click on #3. The KOA is about 10 miles from downtown A2 and 30 miles from downtown Detroit. I-94 is a couple of miles from the campground.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know if KOA allows camping in refrigerator boxes. They might be a bit too upscale for that. There's a trailer park next door. You could rent rooms there. I got run out of the trailer park knocking doors during the last election. It seems there were a lot of people for CHANGE in that park, just not the CHANGE I represented. Lot's of fightin' and f+*#!*g going on. We'd probably feel right at home. It might seem like a flashback. I have a nice deck you guys(and gals) can sleep under. You don't mind raccoons, muskrats, and frogs, do you? It'd be true lake front living and you could fish from your box.

Candy_man

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

California Dreamin on such a winters day. I guess we just stay here to search for Big foot and the Rocky Mountain high.Its dryer here in the mountains so you don't feel the cold so much. Well, John Denver lived here and had to go  to California to die. Go figure. We were just out in San Diego and I just don't dig all the traffic.

Sug

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought i was dreaming. Another case of too much gas peddle alcohol but the incident with the car up the tree was your baby with that taunting I bet you cant take that next curve at 90 crap.

Sug

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 6:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I now own and operate Sugs school of driving which if you need a crash coarse (no pun intended) I will be glad to help you out at the reunion... In trade for your punctuation spelling seminare.

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 6:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sign me up for punctuation spelling seminare

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOOD MORNING F.O.G.
GREETING FROM ALASKA...

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 192
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John Collier, you still have the negatives of the shoot with Nancy? (nudes) The 5th precinct stole the photos during one of their infamous drug busts. Could'nt find anything else. Probably taped them up on the backside of a stall door. Sure hope to hear from you soon. I'm at greyhat2008@yahoo.com. Discretion and anonimity absolutely.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gash The shirt is yours...I was hoping for some party favors...John Collier..I dont know if you remember me I use to carry Cameras for Al Kamuda..Michigan,Lion games I talked with you in the developing room at the Free Press re: Garwood Days...Peace Whaler

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By the way, John, Hoover will never come out of his room if he gets hold of thosr photos so bear that in mind when we hook up.

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Mr. Hoover.....sorry I missed your call yesterday.....My phone is on its way out and I will be changing providers this week......I should be able to keep the same number....I'll let you all know when that happens........and i dont think jail house stick figures count and nuddie pics of women......but what ever it takes.....just another one of your schemes to raise money....like your manually operated whore house idea.....just didn't work.........

Old_guy

Post Number: 289
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sug, If the tires hadn't touched onto the gravel on the edge of that curve, I know you could have taken it at 90 mph. Besides, I didn't think you were listening to me. I'm pretty sure they slipped something into our drinks that night. Bastards.

Candy_man

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Morning Ya'll, I just composed a message to ya's and got kicked off which wiped it out. Anybody else have any problems? Alaska, Thats what I'm talking about Margie. Heard that its like 40 below in Fargo N.D.
Bug eye sprite' right old guy. Thanks for reminding me of that move to S.D.

Old_guy

Post Number: 290
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1KD, scratch the cardboard boxes. I just put some money down on this motor home. It needs an engine, tranny and wheels, but I was thinking that if everybody could send me some money every month, I can get it together by June. I think it used to belong to some rock star because it came with this guitar.

Anybody that wants to stay in it during the reunion would just have to pay $5 per night, or $6 for couples. That includes wine and a sandwich. 1KD, I'll split the take with you if I can park it at your condo.

mc.gif

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in Bush Mark

Old_guy

Post Number: 291
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hoover, if you're planning on using it for like...a love palace to try and set a new record, there is a bunk at the other end you can use for say, $15 for the whole weekend. Not every gal you bring in gets a sandwich though. I want to be straight about that.