Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through January 08, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 295
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1klsn...anybody home?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 296
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stlrkn....is Dallas Hodge living out here?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8952
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth,

Cool, it was rather a query on how long you'd been on campus before finally playing this instrument!

You said our conversation spurred you on, I was just comparing it...but I guess the real question was how long have you known it was there and had you any desire to fire it up before?! If you learned it was there on your orientation tour and lusted after it since, well...that magnifies the intensity a bit. The invite to do it again 'any time' is sweet icing!

(reminding me that at least the foodies on each side of the meat divide can meet at the dessert table!)

Not important, you just tickled a chord in me there...heh. It's all good. I'm enjoying all of these wee inspirations, and really dig that you are all allowing us to share in them.

Cheers

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Det313, I have been vegetarian for over 37 years. Our two sons were brought up vegetarian and are both Vegans now. I eat organic dairy and eggs also. The cancer doctors said my diet saved my life when I had been diagnosed with terminal malignant melinoma.Ya know what I was thinking earlier today? Maybe this has already been brought up for discussion. Back in the Garwood days the PC hadn't even been invented yet. Now here we are, all relating to each other in more depth. I guess Timothy Leary was right. The only thing is the computer, like "Hal" in Stanley Kubricks Space Odyssy doesn't like for us to do any thing outside of cyberspace. I hope they won't make us type messages to each other at the reunion. :^)

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 226
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Larry go to .wwwdallashodge.com I'll let you track down Eugene he used to work with can heat he can get his number. Dallas is in Ca.

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 216
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mornin F.O.G.

I have this deep down stirring, that the reunion is the start of us doing more things than we could ever have imagined OUTSIDE of cyberspace.
This tribal gathering is not a coinsidence.
If there is one thing I know...
WE ARE THE REAL DEAL

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt - I'm in touch with Fito (drummer) from Canned Heat - if Eugene worked with that band I may be able to help - let me know what you find out.

Stillrockin - when it's time to send the invitations will you forward it to Dallas for us?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eugene drove their truck into Woodstock. That's all I know. Gleeman touched base with him a while ago. Didn't seem too interested in anything Garwoodian. I'll try Dallas hodge.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 227
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he going to get Engene phone number for me

Stillrockin

Post Number: 228
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bet you Dallas shows up.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 229
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth I just e-mail Dallas info,

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 298
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

me too

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found Denuge thru the Stonefront website by really lurking, Googling and guessing ; and was really actually trying to find Stnfrnt...didn't write down any numbers or emails (this was last year some time)....but he's in CA as a radio mgr...(I had to go through some managerial assistant C.I.A. go-between to actually talk to him) I'm thinking his inner soul can respond to a GW event, but cannot guarantee it...
..there's another guy nobody's talked about, and that's Chuck ----don't remember his last name

(Dallas Hodge? - I don't need to bring my guitar)

Stillrockin

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gary we need somebody to work the door

Gleeman

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my Mt. biking buddy up North fed me Elkburgers (very lean, Detgrrl) last Fall, and I'm telling you, exactly like hamburgers but way more nutriscious
France

Gleeman

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...all guitarists pay me an extra $5.00...for shots..

Gleeman

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SR, now I need to come down there in Febr just to kick thy butt

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mornin ya'll.........Gleeman, I hope to make the northern trek @ first wknd in Feb......but......Hey SUG... any chance of you stopping by Nashville on your way to Az....if so...any idea what those dates might be.......ON another note; does any one remember the roadie for the Hodges...I can't remember his name but we roadied for each other a few times would be cool to see him again....also Brian Chubb....came to GW with Robin....He worked with Seeger post GW.....the last I heard from him he was "sound tech" for O- Jays...actually lived in Waterford for a time in late 70s, married a girl that was a Hair Stylist in Pontiac...I've checked with Robin, but Robin lost contact with him long ago.....OG...any chance we can get tickets to the Hoover/Markley fight in Fla....could be the fight of the century....Hoover, if you need a corner man...let me know........luv ya'll GDGT

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 299
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stlrkn....for God's sake don't let Bushmark work the door. Just check out his resume.

Glee...most guitarists I know carry their own booze. Don't have to pay for shots. dynamite photo.

Whaler...BOY DO I EVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU!! Ruth sent me a photo of you 'Bud Lighting" it on a port tack on Lake St Claire. Boom sheats in photo tell me the traveler is in the cockpit which means a Hunter 28' possibly?

Stillrockin

Post Number: 233
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gary don't tell your wife your coming to see me she won't let you come.

(Message edited by stillrockin on January 08, 2009)

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 300
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gash...no cornermen for this one. They're goin' in the cage. Hoover's going to be chained up so he can't climb out.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt..30' Seafarer 1980..Love the sailing brother... Been on a few Mackinac's,Tobermore, Georgian Bay...Did a little in the Atlantic ,Off(Delray Beach)..Was a Navy Man 74-79(Ran away from Home) 23 years old hahahaha Love the Water...Peace Whaler

Gleeman

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stn, here's my Dad near Deepwater Pt. on Torch in 1937...now that's my kinda boat...
john-sail

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About that cage match.... Hoover wants the mat to be a waterbed. If so he will have a big advantage..

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 302
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glee...there might be better things in life but I'll be damned if I can think any much better than that. I remember your dad. You got any decoys?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No waterbed. Bushmark is lining up the smelt thing.

Gleeman

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes I have 12 decoys which were hunters, one a "diving" decoy which you'd pull w/ a string attached to an anchor and when the ducks were overhead you'd pull the string...also a colection of about 15 carved birds
decoys

Stillrockin

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy how we have changes we used to have a colection of hash pipes

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 403
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candy, I figured if there was another vegetarian in the group, it would be you. Wow, you beat terminal cancer and raised your boys to be vegetarians, totally awesome, dude!

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 404
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gleeman, I was wondering who was gonna work the door.