Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through January 08, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 405
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hoover, maybe Dallas can bring a drummer, too.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 406
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie, I take it the Victor lead didn't pan out, bummer.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 407
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruth, since I already named David and Roselyn's girls in the Collier photo (Adrian and Arlee), anybody know the name of they're other two children?

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one more...a carved Osprey...
Osprey

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hippie's return to Detroit for Garwood manison reunion

Stillrockin

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got off the phone with the Detroit Free press.

Det313grrl

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So is that the lead in to the article they're writing about the dj to the rich and famous?

Stillrockin

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

watch your news stand

Det313grrl

Post Number: 409
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't read the rags, so they are writing a story about your big return to Michigan?

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just think....if we plan the Hoover/Markley bout at the same time as the reunion....WOW...this is big....does anyone know anyone who owns a large hotel we can use as a venue.....Billed as "The Whammy in Miami"....I think it should be a MMA, UFC sanctioned and the winner takes on "Home Boy" in a championship bout at the reunion....Vegas is already taking odds.....OG weigh in on this one there a bundle to be made....

Det313grrl

Post Number: 410
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Were you ever really a hippie, or just a guy with long hair that did drugs? There is a difference you know.

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got off the phone with Sargent Slaughter. Said he would ref the match.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think maybe sharon an I should get in the ring

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doorman

Stillrockin

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gary the door man

Det313grrl

Post Number: 411
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl

Post Number: 412
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In a gym, anytime, no pads.

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candyman, I've thought about how the lack of technology back during the Garwood days actually made it possible for the Garwood to exist as long as it did. Can you imagine if everybody would have had cell phones back then? Every party night would have ended up like the Rolling Stones night.
Johnny Winters or Leon Russell show up at the house and 200 people get on their cell phones, each calling a dozen or so of their friends. The place would have been overwhelmed any time anything of significance happened.

On the other hand, we could have had a live stream online with things like the Monkey Funeral. That might have kept a few people from just showing up.

The text is a little small, but I've been trying to read that article in Earth Magazine that Det313grrl sent me. One part that surprised me was the reporter talking about trying to find the house and everyone they talked to was trying to persuade them not to go there. Was the house that weird to outsiders?

Stillrockin

Post Number: 241
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Thanks

Stillrockin

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey bushMark the rolling stone nite what a nite that was

Stillrockin

Post Number: 244
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there were more people outside then in side and the house was full

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 9:53 am:
.......ON another note; does any one remember the roadie for the Hodges...I can't remember his name but we roadied for each other a few times would be cool to see him again.

GREG J. roadied for the Hodges and he and I have been friends since we were both 16. He is out west and as of now he wants nothing to do with computers, so I have been filling him in. I think this is whom you were talking about , the other roadie named Willie, sadly I believe has passed on to higher notes.
I have also been communicating with Dallas.

OG ,Yeah I read that too and he states that it was a ghetto area to get to it, I will have to tell you I was in some of those Quote Ghetto houses in 72 and hell they were pretty nice inside with some very kind people.

Gosh its great o see ooppps read everyones enthusiasim

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember driving to the house thru the ghetto. You had to pick the right time of day to drive thru it. If you had to get to the house right when school got out it was a nightmare.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 245
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey BushMark did you ever leave the house

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 304
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stlrkn...it took Bushmark two and one half years to figure out he was even in a real house, much less figure out how to leave one. He was stoned on acid for several years. It's hard to leave when you can't find the door, right Joe?

Old_guy

Post Number: 368
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I rarely left the house. i was afraid I'd miss something. Except for job hunting. There wasn't a lot going on in my line of work, whatever that would have been. Actually, Stnfrnt might be right.

Old_guy

Post Number: 369
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Stnfrnt contests this, but I still think that was Rita Coolidge that night with Leon Russell. Do I get any backup on that one?

Stillrockin

Post Number: 246
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was not rita coolidge it was Mary Clayton

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 217
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Markley..My Mike ran wrestling shows at the Wayne Ford Civic league for eight years. Great Venue.thats me managing one of the matches.I've also done alot of announcing, so I'm there for you gies !! Weighing in at 220 lbs. of solid muscle (all from elkburgers) hailing from the Motor City, Maniac Markeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
and in this corner all the way from "To bad your not down here ,it's 82 degrees today, Florida" it's Mark the Waterbed Hoover !!!!!!!!!!!

Old_guy

Post Number: 370
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that's what he said. I guess I keep thinking that because she was on tour with him when he was in town that time. Maybe everyone assumed it was her and that's why everyone kept talking about her that night.