Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through January 17, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 770
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie, nice photo of the Stonehouse sign. You really get around, don't you. Detgrrl, your ice-fishing photo and comic characters (Zap!) are great. Does the cyclops, hippy dude resemble anyone in particular? Is it meant to mock someone on this link? I'm going for a walk on my lake as soon as the temperature rises into the 20's and I'll locate the ice-fishing camp and babe in your picture.

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mornin yall...

Wow..just when I decide to go to bed early for once ! Oh well, Better late than late than never...Ellen,Shar, you done me proud !

Margie

Post Number: 256
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brothers and Sisters...Are you ready to testify...

BTW...Dont let the cute sign fool ya,Us girls are always up for a good challenge !

Margie

Post Number: 257
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sthrn_boy
Username: Sthrn_boy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Margie

Margie

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1KEIL Knew it ment alot to me also so he let me post it.
So greatful for all that you wonderful men have givin of yourselves for my (our) FREEDOM !

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Margie.
welcome home

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 772
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Margie for the post. You sure do get around.

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 420
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not one to dwell on the negative aspects of someone's personality or personal beliefs, but I feel that Hoover's hideously egregious remark about the Garwood girls does warrant a second look at his mental stability.
When I first read his comment, I actually became physically ill. It's true Sug, I felt as though I was holding out an olive branch when I invited him to go ice fishing. Unfortunately his reaction was to reach out and snap it off in cyber space. I thought that maybe with a few days out on the ice I could explain a few things to him about the twenty first century and how, as a civilization we've evolved. I see now, that was a waste of time.

Having said that, I hope we can put this dark day, ( January 15th, 2009) behind us and return to a more positive forum. I also hope this doesn't draw any undue attention to Hoover or his deplorable lifestyle. I've also instructed everyone in the office to tell him I'm in a meeting when he calls and tells me I should delete this post. Have a nice day.
Hmm, post 420 for me. I guess I'll be out of the office the rest of the day.

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well ya could say old,ya but what about just kissin up and sucking up and make the best of what is out there?

Margie

Post Number: 259
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG... COME BACK, YOU KNOW WE CAN'T DO WITH YOU !

Margie

Post Number: 260
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Larry xox

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3306
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone
who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United
States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer
understand it."

-- Author Unknown

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 444
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old_guy, evolution has been known to skip generations...

Margie

Post Number: 261
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rona I want to call you at seven tonite, what time is that here in the D.

Beenthere
Username: Beenthere

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello! New person here. It's hard as hell to get on this thing (or maybe it's just me). I finally figured out how to post something.

Anyway, glad to see so many of you are still alive. I was wondering how many of us survived the 60's and 70's with at least part of a brain left. Apparently a lot of us old GarWooders made it. I've been reading this forum for a while, and have been wanting to say hi.

I will just come out with my identity, can't see a reason to hold it back. I'm Annie. As in "Vic and....." So happy to hear that there is a reunion planned for June. I'll definitely be there! Wouldn't miss that one for anything (Ruth, I'll email you).

I've emailed Vic to let him know how to get on this site (hope he has better luck than me)and I'm sure he'll appear on this forum soon. In fact, I just saw him in September, he was in the Detroit area for a little business.

I've so many wonderful and weird memories of the old house, and it's been great reading all those recollections from everyone else. What a magical moment in time it was.....

Gotta go, will be back soon.

Old_guy

Post Number: 421
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Annie.

Firstlady
Username: Firstlady

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Annie

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey OG and Stlrkn; Nuff fighting, in the immortal words of Rodney King....."Hey quit hittin me"........

Hello Annie, Gashl1 her(Gary Merryman) we have all been wondering when you would be joining in all this wonderful fun....Hope you are doing well and we are looking forward to the other Big Bang this summer.....fill us in on what you've been up to......looking forward to your next posting, till then.....Go do good things

Old_guy

Post Number: 422
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right Gash. Sorry Hoover, hope you'll still come to my birthday party.

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey there, hi there, ho there, welcome Annie to the GW Hall of Great americans, a lot of winners on this forum and the bunch keeps getting more expressive, more colorful and so refreshing.
So glad you are going to post.

Sug
Username: Sug

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rock on RONA Hay Annie good to have you back. Brain what brain got rid of it years ago never used it any way.

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Annie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SO glad you've joined the blog. I'm looking forward to your email.

Talk to you soon

Margie

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Linda...You must not stay away so long...
Annie girl...you made it ! I remember trying to get on here!It took me two weeks ! So glad your here !

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 319
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there BushMark I love a good party.Any dancing girls.

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 320
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Annie.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 773
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie, yes I'll return your call. You must work for the Greater Detroit Tourist Bureau. If not, you should.

Margie

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOOOOOOOOVERRRR!

Rocketwhit
Username: Rocketwhit

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is I Rocketwhit

Hello Gar-Freaky-Deaky friends!

how about sliding up close to 3000 hits i am blown away.

But my origanal search for my GarWood friends still haven't heard anything. Anyone know these names?

Ken or Sharon Wilkoes { brother & sister ]
Debbie Brush, Jack Roby, Bill Rude

If you can dig up any info on these people I'll make a special toast or three at the greatist reunion since acid and foosball.

I havent got to read much as of late sorry, But I do have some Wrestling names from that same era.

I saw all those other names live at cobo saw the shiek throw fire the first time saw BoBO head butt Shiek saw shiek camelclutch BoBo and for both saw them do their patented moves on countless others.

some names,

Pampero Firpo move The Elgarfio

George the Animal Steele move Droole

The Mighty Igor move headbutt

Fly'in Bryan MOve Dropkick

Rick flair Whoooa

Macho man Randy Savich much more

Talk to all soon Rocketwhit.

Rocketwhit
Username: Rocketwhit

Post Number: 86
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is I Rocketwhit

Hello Gar-Freaky-Deaky friends!

how about sliding up close to 3000 hits i am blown away.

But my origanal search for my GarWood friends still haven't heard anything. Anyone know these names?

Ken or Sharon Wilkoes { brother & sister ]
Debbie Brush, Jack Roby, Bill Rude

If you can dig up any info on these people I'll make a special toast or three at the greatist reunion since acid and foosball.

I havent got to read much as of late sorry, But I do have some Wrestling names from that same era.

I saw all those other names live at cobo saw the shiek throw fire the first time saw BoBO head butt Shiek saw shiek camelclutch BoBo and for both saw them do their patented moves on countless others.

some names,

Pampero Firpo move The Elgarfio

George the Animal Steele move Droole

The Mighty Igor move headbutt

Fly'in Bryan MOve Dropkick

Rick flair Whoooa

Macho man Randy Savich much more

Talk to all soon Rocketwhit.