Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through January 20, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3361
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie- I'm saving yours and you saving mine - right? :-)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8943
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heya Sug, we all do a little better when we look both ways on the learning curve, right?! Your depth of wisdom and level of shared frustration might be JUST what he needs to get on board comfortably.

Sug
Username: Sug

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG What was the name that Outlaw biker gave you. Tanks Gannon , I like your way better. I think I'll stay on this comp all night and perfect my skilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 272
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mornin It is a beautiful day here in Detroit... Bigb23...Would you be willing to state your identity ?
F.O.G-Forum or Partygoer
What is your name?
Thanks OG Will take a look after I get the kids to school

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mornin' Ya'll, Colorado is getting a break in the weather. Not good for the snow skiers though Rona. On winters like these we usually have a skinny ski at the end of the season, if you are interested. Ya Sug, we used to call them Grass Pike and would depend on the kind and the source to determine what to do with them. Usually smelled pretty ripe along the shore. Here we don't have lakes, they are called resevoirs and are the drinking water for the cities. All spring fed  and not much weed growth, the fish are mostly trout. They are so beautiful that most will simply release them after they are caught. See ya in a few weeks. Keep us posted on details so that I don't have to joust our way thru the gate :^)

Margie

Post Number: 273
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are any of you gies into working with Glass
stone or metal ?

Candy_man

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie, not since I retired, Whats up?

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOTICE!!! LARRY MCCOURT AND HIS WIFE ARE COMING TO THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also heard from ED KEUSCH. Waiting to hear if he is coming... Will keep you all posted

the list is growing

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 416
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sug, As I remember it, that biker dude called me The Hip Hippy or The Hippest Hippie or something. That meant, uh... I don't know, that I could swill whiskey at the party with them without getting my face pushed in or something. Everything changed the next morning when we were leaving though, if you remember.

Margie

Post Number: 274
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candy_man

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Old guy, I had a run in with the Outlaws on Belle Isle once. I'm a motorcyclist myself,but, not a member of a club. I guess you would call me a lone wolf. Anyway I rode over to the Isle one Weekend and before I new it the boys were hollering at me to pull over. If looks could kill I would not be here to tell about it. I think that they wanted to yank me off my Beezer,throw me in the river and make a chopper out of it on the spot. Penny lived across the street in Alameda from the Oakland chapter of the Hells Angels and they wern't as mean as the outlaws.

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jjXyqcx-mYY&feature=related

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3367
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Bigb23...Would you be willing to state your identity ?

If I stated my identity --- I'd have to kill you. :-)

I'm a local guy, who's probably the youngster here, at 54 years old. I'm all over this forum, and drop in here frequently. I have no personal link to the Garwood mansion, but I was a frequent partier at Eastowne, Cinderella, and the Grande.
I hitched-hiked twice, out to San Francisco and Eureka Cal., before 1972. I then joined the Navy, in 1974, where they beat the hippie right out of me. I was stationed out in San Diego and Long Beach on a ASW Fast Frigate. I stayed for a few years out in Long Beach after my service, because I had a hottie girlfriend that lived in Newport Beach. I eventually came back to Michigan, and it's been a downhill slide for the past eight years. (Hmmm - two terms ?).

I'm out, thats my story, and I'm sticking to it !

If you guys have a spill-over party for the readers here, I'll be there.

Old_guy

Post Number: 417
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's true Candy Man. I remember going to parties in Oakland with lots of Hells Angels around and most of them were a good time to party with. That was lucky too because I used to get nervous hanging around with me. I was never sure what I was going to say or do next.

Sug

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OG OK Mike and I kept trying to get you in the car , you would not hear of it something about wine and your new found buddy. Can't recall his name Dynomite or Gypsi or something like that, there was not many left standing and it was getting ugly , but you and your new found friend were determinded to finish the bozze off. Mike and I left , I was sure that was the end of you . OK and I were at the A2 house the next day debating our next move when we hear a chopper coming and guess who is on the back . imagine our suprise. You pour off the back and he sped off yelling SEE YOU LATER CORNERS! I Allways figured it was every time he turned you fell off .

Old_guy

Post Number: 418
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh... now I know what you're talking about. Yeah the guy was Dynamite. They kept bellyaching about running out of booze. There were bottles everywhere. So I'd grab them and turn them at a 45 degree angle and they'd see how much booze was left. That created a corner of booze in the bottle. They were impressed, and I became corners. Pretty impressive.
Remember though, as we were going to leave, I remembered that bottle under the couch cushion. Dynamite woke up, accused me of stealing it from him, we got into the spitting match and he gave me the option of staying and drinking it with him, or killing me. I opted for the wine. That's why I stayed an extra day.

Sug

Post Number: 113
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Penny , that guy that lived across the street was a high ranker in the Angles . I remember the day squad guys filled the street and leveled off on his house. Out of the house comes Angle opens his truck and starts it up. Then he steps out of the truck, back in the house and comes back out with a rifle on his shoulder walks to his truck and drives off . Did not pay one bit of attention to the police. We were standing in that big window watching the whole thing go down.

Old_guy

Post Number: 419
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sug, that's interesting that you said that guy gave me a ride back to A2 from the Garwood. I posted earlier that I slipped off down the driveway around 5 or 6 that night and about halfway to the bridge I heard a chopper coming. It was that guy again and he insisted that I come back to the house. I did, and we drank whiskey till about 4 in the morning. I slipped out again and headed for the bridge. I don't remember how I got back to A2, so maybe I got to the bridge, weighed my options and went back. A bit fuzzy. Funny how thirty some hours of drinking will do that. Wasn't Rick with you guys when you left too.

Margie

Post Number: 275
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bushmark...I Thank God for your life sweetheart !

Margie

Post Number: 276
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bigb23...Thanks for the honesty

Margie

Post Number: 277
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candy...I love working with Metal-Stone and Glass

Sug

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya I Remember the spitting match that was something you picked that up in COLORADO . Maybe saved us all. My son is going snowboarding in Col during spring break. I hesitate hooking those two up considering our chemistry , but it could be the next chapter. The world not as forgiving place as it was at one time. Maybe a good thing we need to be protected from ourselves? Sounds like old man logic to me!

Sug

Post Number: 115
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Larry MaCCOURT What a treat glad you have been found. Now we have the makeings of a party. Don't forget your gallon of wine. Ed what about Fergi?

Sug

Post Number: 116
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GASH My time frame is already being blown away found out today I'v a wait 2or 3 days on a part I need . A few people missing from the thread whats the deal ? You freeze up?

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 317
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes I just don't get it.

Sometimes others just don't get it.

It ain't worth it. Can't do stuff. No fun anymore.

And: Sometimes I just don't know.

Margie

Post Number: 278
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 6:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvTFKpIaQhM
If there were only 100 people in the world.

Mornin Gies...
I have been thinkin alot about how after all we have been through, and the fact that we are all still breathing,and the fact that after almost 40 years, we have somehow all found each other again,
That there is a real,solid,MUCH BIGGER,reason for us reuniting, after we PARTY DOWN AND HAVE A TOTAL BLAST!!!
Can anyone else pick up what I'm puttin down ?

Margie

Post Number: 279
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Reunion is about HOPE, Hope for the future..and for encouraging the dreams that are within us to become reality,about friends helping friends, to love, to heal, to reach out and become more than we thought we could be all by ourselves.
Our Reunion is bigger than we are alone.It is us together, proving that there is stregnth in numbers, and proving that ALL things are possible.

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Margie I couldn't agree with you more....Its all about the love.....I hope that we all understand that,.....I can't speak for everyone but, I know that myself and even Stnfrnt often spoke of those days with fond remberance, a common thread we all share as we weave our way through our lives.......It truely is amazing that most of us are still verticle and breathing, which is not a bad condition to be in, and that we remember with fondness those that are no longer with us.....after all, all we can do is Keep on truckin......wow way to much mush.....GDGT

Margie

Post Number: 280
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This....Right Now...Today............This... is The Time Of Our Lives.....Do You Know Why ????
BECAUSE WE SAY IT IS

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sug.........I totaly underastand, not to worry.....as they say "The best laid plans of men and mice......"....anyway I'll be heading out Feb, 4th, stopping in Ohio first then in A2, 6-7-8, so any local GWers that want to get together lets plan on a Sunday gathering, will update specifics when I get there.....Gleeman look for me to give you a call @ that Fri. or so..........till then Go Do Good Things