Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through February 04, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5630
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to my knowledge. My dad had one sister and her name was Eileen. He had a bunch of brothers but their kids wouldn't have been old enough to marry in 1942. There could be cousins I don't know of, but she's not in the range of relations I know of.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2656
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cardinals 31 Pittsbugh 28.

Closest to the right score wins a Fantasy Pizza

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1799
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have a horse in this race, but my prediction is Pittsburgh 31 Cardinals 13.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1800
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well it got to at least 42 out in our neck of the woods today...so my "real" toy poodle and I got our much anticipated walk. A strong hint of Spring is in the air...with a foot or more of snow still on the grass to remind us Winter ain't over just yet.

Besides dog walking it was a great day to get the car washed, scrape ice off the driveway, and finish digging out the rest of the Christmas lights...although, technically, the 40 days of Epiphany doesn't officially end until tomorrow.

Zitro

Post Number: 2657
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Please no reference of horses on this thread.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 650
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can't believe we just had a commercial for LMAO - without you guys, I wouldn't have had a clue!

7andkelly

Post Number: 1801
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still can't believe the Lions passed on Roethlisberger in the '04 draft, and picked RW instead...why, why, oh why?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1802
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess you win, Z.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 658
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a game! I'm not much of a pro football fan & didn't care who won the SB but that was one exciting game.

Zitro

Post Number: 2659
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 -You picked the winner and were closer on the points so the pizza's all yours. I would enjoy a slice though.

That last TD cost me a square!!!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 659
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pizza, I presume. Gambling being illegal and all. Oh, I forgot, we're Catholic. Gambling's OK. It's sex that's bad.

Jcole

Post Number: 5638
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone but me see a Lions' commercial last night toward the end of the Superbowl telecast? It was after the game, but before they went to the trophy presentation. They showed some Lions' footage, and then said that we have the best fans in the world, and they deserve the best. They then showed a picture of Schwartz.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1803
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take your word on the points, but I'm splitting the pizza with you.

It was an exiting game. Going in I didn't care who won, but it's hard for me to watch any game without a rooting interest, so I decided I could hate on Arizona because the Cardinals came from St. Louis, and I cantstanz the St. Louis Cardinals. I just can't forget 2006 and 1934.

Zitro

Post Number: 2660
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't show the commercial here in Iowa but I sure resented seeing Millen on TV. I couldn't change the channel fast enough, I have no desire to hear his "Expert" analysis.

Zitro

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1934 was a miserable year. Ducky Medwick is lucky he didn't get killed. The Commish saved him by demanding the Cardinals pull him from the game for his own safety.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1804
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I missed that, J, and it's not on their website. Youtube should have it somewhere.

Millen was on. Caught that. I'm sure he's a better booth guy than he was a team president. I'm still waiting for his personal apology, but I think he thinks he's moved on.

Jcole

Post Number: 5639
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, found it on You Tube
Lions' Commercial
I'm still not clear if it was local or national. Someone on another site said they saw it before the game, but I saw it during the coverage, after the game, but before the lockerroom coverage.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!

7andkelly

Post Number: 1807
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see Wiarton Willy has predicted 6 more weeks of Winter...at least it will be over by Spring.

Zitro

Post Number: 2662
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate Groundhogs!

Jcole

Post Number: 5641
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I prefer groundbeefs, myself.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Are Phil and Willy related?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck.....

Mkap
Username: Mkap

Post Number: 69
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quick story -
Woodchuck tunneled under garage floor. Used a varmint smoke bomb to try to eliminate the bugger. Got brainey idea to invert the shop vac and "help" the smoke into hole. Turns out I forgot to invert the hose. Hiroshima cloud came out of the cannister when opened. Wife still calls me Tim.
Bottom line, finally got rid of it. The better half says he probably died laughing.

(Message edited by mkap on February 02, 2009)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1809
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny one, M. Reminds me of the time I tried to vacuum the ashes out of the trap in the basement under the fireplace. It would have gone a lot better if I had remembered to replace the paper filters in the wet'n'dry after a cleaning up an earlier mess caused when the sump pump switch went bad. I ran out of there gasping for air covered in soot.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

K, distantly, I would imagine.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 651
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morning all- amazing how many new fans have joined the www.stjudedetroit.com Facebook page. I'll try to keep up-dated parish news on the "Wall"

Zitro

Post Number: 2664
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing did you lose power?

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 368
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nope, never lost power. there are many in KY who are still without - someone on the news yesterday is making similarities to what happened due to Katrina and slow response times. heard earlier this week my wife's dad living in Columbus still is without after over a week. they are running a natural gas generator to supply for their house. TN isn't doing too bad.

Zitro

Post Number: 2665
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to hear. I'd rather have a foot of snow then and inch or two of ice.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 652
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We were without power for 3 days when a transformer blew during a storm here - long 3 days in the cold! Now have a working generator for the "next" time!