Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through February 14, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 398
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Gash....when I first saw the photo of you, Picard and Markley, I wanted to grab a Hummingbird and a Teac 3340S and pick right up where we left off sooooo bad! Had to fire up the Stonefront (Ratwood?) acoustic tapes and sail away for bit. Man, Picard does such a nice job on vocals! Niel Young should listen to Markley's 'See the Sky'...way better version. If I wouldn't have been so drunk all the time I might have hit some of those high note harmonies on the first try instead of sliding up to them.

Anyway, it sure was a nice place to visit. I'll be going back there a lot and guarantee......SOMETHING will happen in June. I can't wait.
dave

larry

gash

markley
What about it, Hoover? Can you book us a tour? Guarantee Geritol in the dressing room? Maybe some Depends?

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dallas hodge played many times at the garwood and I'm thinking hoover has booked him into the venue. warm and fuzzy just is perfect.rr

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 63
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am signing off for the day. So you can look at this until I get back.

Margie
Username: Margie

Post Number: 379
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gash & Gleeman...
I was so excited to come and see you gies that I had to call Ruthie and have her walk me in over the phone just so I wouldn't make a fool of myself !
I never really knew Dave much but he is so funny...and that story of how he came to Garwood..
oh my gosh !!! He will have to tell that over the mike to everyone! Anyway, seeing you gies was so wonderful and like I told Ruth, it was like no time had passed at all..I can hardly wait to see you all again

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 399
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bentspur...where in the hell did you find that 'station off the air' logo? You have to be old to remember that thing. It came on the screen right after you saw two or three F-100 Phantoms screaming across the sky with the National Anthem blaring in the background. I guess they did away with that sign-off when some 'non-citizen immigrant' threatened to sue the FCC if they didn't show his jets or play his national anthem. I really dug that little 'end of broadcast day' visual. Thanks for posting it.

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated Garwood Mansion band list

Johnny Winter (sang let it be at organ)

Edger Winter Group
------------------
Floyd Radford?

Rick Derringer
Eric Clapton (source ... forgot her name, the black lady who lived at the mansion with her husband and kids)

Catfish Hodge
Cactus
--------
Jim McCarty
Rusty Day?

J. Geils band? (ask Hoover for sure)

Van Morrison (stole harp belt, drunkenly tried to corral some of the ladies)

Ted Nugent (Crazy ... forgot his name accused him of being fake because he didn't take drugs)

Alice Cooper (kicked out by Hoover)

Allman Brothers Band
---------------------
Duane Allman (maybe last jam played at mansion)

Iron Butterfly (attended a party source: someone doing traffic control that night who was bummed by their huge egos)

Leon Russell
Rita Coolidge (contraversial! some say yes, some say no)
Big Brother and the Holding Company (after Janis had passed)
Lee Michaels

The Flock
-----------
Jerry Goodman on violin

StoneFront
--------------
Larry Merryman
Rick Stockwell

(Accoustic 1973)
Vocals : Gary Markley, Larry Merryman, Robin Welch

(Electric 1974-75)
Guitar: Larry Merryman
Guitar: Harry Bourlier
Drums & Conga Drums: Eddie Saenz
Bass Guitar: Mark Swanberg
Vocals: Larry Merryman, Natalie Morgan,

Guitar : Harry Bourlier
Guitar : Larry Merryman
Guitar : Gary Markley
Saxophone : Robin Welch
Conga Drums : Darryl Bradley
Drums : John Bredeau
Bass Guitar : Mark Swanberg
Vocals : Gary Markley, Mark Swanberg, Larry Merryman.

Guitar : Chuck Mahoian
Drums : Eddie Saenz
Vocals : Larry Merryman, Mark Swanberg

(Source: http://www.myspace.com/stonefr ontofficial)

Anyone feel free to update this list and re-send.
Add Your Message Here

Dallas Hodge/
Shawn Phillps
Ruth Hoffman
David & Rosalyn
Neil
seems to me I remember the lawyer William Kunstler sitting at the piano and playing.
also didn't Stoney and Charlie play guitars
and who is that other lady in the picture with David and Rosalyn's kids at the piano,
I seem to recall something she was playing made everyone stop in their tracks and listen.
Maybe John Collier knows or Margie could ask D & R.

Action:

Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 198
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you?ve ever experienced challenges finding your POUND, Hoveround Hound is here to help. This unique tool enables you to maneuver in tight, confined hiding spaces in the privacy of your home and even outdoors. With the Hoveround Hound, you can hide what you want, when you want to. Then send the Hoveround Hound on a mission and bam! you got it back. You can even take it up a notch it for heavier weights.

What are you waiting for? Enjoy life again. Get a Hoveround Hound!
Especially good for people who lose things. Why wait when you forget so quickly....... ACT NOW!!!

Happy slappy day
Yuk Yuk YUk

Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 199
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey OG welcome back, me too with the ughs.. to much yuk and not enough fun.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 133
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 3:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mornin' Ya'll, Checking in from Alb.,N.M. Had fun in Vegas despite Sik Elton Johns show. His base player hails from the big "D" though, so it was alright. The best time was spent with Gus & Heidi in AZ. It was great renewing our friendship. Tried to get him up for a kareoke, but, he wasn't going for it. Coined a new frase: "Seasoned Citizen" Should be home tomorrow. Peace.

Margie

Post Number: 380
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mornin gies...Have a sweet day ...remember,
It's a choice

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just heard from the owner of the Yacht Delphine. I'm getting a copy of her book - and have been invited to visit "if ever I'm in Monaco!" Hotcha!

Candy_man

Post Number: 134
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

spelling correction:phrase

Rickbeall
Username: Rickbeall

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updated Garwood Mansion band list

Johnny Winter (sang "Let it Be" on organ with Edger and Rick Derringer)

Edger Winter Group
------------------
Floyd Radford?

Rick Derringer
Eric Clapton (source: Rosalyn of David and Rosalyn)

Catfish Hodge
Dallas Hodge

Cactus
--------
Jim McCarty
Rusty Day?

J. Geils band? (ask Hoover for sure)

Van Morrison (stole harp belt, drunkenly tried to corral some of the ladies)

Ted Nugent (Crazy ... forgot his name accused him of being fake because he didn't take drugs)

Alice Cooper (kicked out by Hoover)

Allman Brothers Band
---------------------
Duane Allman (maybe last jam played at mansion)

Iron Butterfly (attended a party source: someone doing traffic control that night who was bummed by their huge egos)

Rolling Stones almost visited once. They announced there were from the stage at Cobo, but everyone called their friends and the whole east side became snarled in traffic and it's doubtful the Stones actually made it through.

Leon Russell
Rita Coolidge (contraversial! some say yes, some say no)
Big Brother and the Holding Company (after Janis had passed)
Lee Michaels

The Flock
-----------
Jerry Goodman on violin

Shawn Phillps

David & Rosalyn

StoneFront
--------------
Larry Merryman
Rick Stockwell

(Accoustic 1973)
Vocals : Gary Markley, Larry Merryman, Robin Welch

(Electric 1974-75)
Guitar: Larry Merryman
Guitar: Harry Bourlier
Drums & Conga Drums: Eddie Saenz
Bass Guitar: Mark Swanberg
Vocals: Larry Merryman, Natalie Morgan,

Guitar : Harry Bourlier
Guitar : Gary Markley
Saxophone : Robin Welch
Conga Drums : Darryl Bradley
Drums : John Bredeau
Vocals : Gary Markley, Mark Swanberg, Larry Merryman.

Guitar : Chuck Mahoian
Drums : Eddie Saenz
Vocals : Larry Merryman, Mark Swanberg

(Source: http://www.myspace.com/stonefr ontofficial)

----- End of stonefront listing ----------

Ruth Hoffman (Played organ. And fixed the darn thing!)

Anyone feel free to update this list and re-send.
Add Your Message Here

Neil
seems to me I remember the lawyer William Kunstler sitting at the piano and playing.
also didn't Stoney and Charlie play guitars
and who is that other lady in the picture with David and Rosalyn's kids at the piano,
I seem to recall something she was playing made everyone stop in their tracks and listen.
Maybe John Collier knows or Margie could ask D & R.

(Message edited by Rickbeall on February 13, 2009)

Rockinrona

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow mom wow: Drums for Stonefront,Jeep Capone,grandson of Al Capone from chicago, and looking for him to come to the party, any leads? rr

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 131
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've found a website for Jeep and have sent a message to him. Keep your fingers crossed

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 400
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where's that party-meister guy?
Liquor sales went through the roof after the guys got a look at this piece of work.

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 119
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes.....I wouldn't doubt that for a minute......but then I went to bed alone last night.....hhhhhmmmmmm......... ................

ANYWAY!!!!!!!

To all you wonderful, fantastic, beautiful,fabulous, caring, GarWoodian Gals that I don't have home E-address for.......

I hope you all have a really great Valentines Day. And remember someone really loves you.

Beenthere
Username: Beenthere

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, y'all. I'm trying this again. My previous attempts at posting have hit a brick wall. I don't know if it's my computer or "operator error". Anyway, hope this works.

Hey, I have a question. Back in the summer of '71, the "Garwood 7" spent the night in jail downtown courtesy of the Detroit cops. There were 4 girls and 3 guys. The girls were Natalie, Barbara, Nancy and myself. But I can only remember 2 of the guys, Larry and Charlie. Who was the third guy?

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 301
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I went to jail we were all men. Hey Anne we have our own club. Hoover

Margie

Post Number: 381
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Faternal Order Of Garwood Forever
Love You Gies...Thanks for all your Love
Happy Valentines Day

Gashl1

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gashl1

Post Number: 121
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey gang caught this dude jammin at the club last night, we went out and had a few milks afterwards....What do ya think? Should I ask him to sit in with us at the reunion?

Gashl1

Post Number: 122
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Stlrkn; Re; Stnfnts pic of the hotties above....did any of them "sleep with Hoover at the GarWood"?

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 149
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt ..Check out this Mega Sailboat

http://www.yacht-images.com/mo dules.php?set_albumName=EOS-Lu rssen&op=modload&name=gallery& file=index&include=view_album. php

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 499
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 401
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Touched base with Genaro (Jeep) Rafael Capone last night. He just got in from a gig so it was brief. Will holler at him later. Thanks, Ruth. Okay gang: LOOK OUT NOW!

Gashl1

Post Number: 123
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well let's see,add ; 1 part Larry- (2)parts, a couple Garys- 1 part Harry- 1 part Mark- 1 part Dave- and 1 part Jeep (Jan). Mix well and pamper a lot, Equals(=) (1)One STONEFRONT, then add a bunch of F.O. G.s let simmer for 30/35+ YEARS; slowly add a well balanced amount of other extremely fine musicians, mix well in mid June, serve with good food, great memories, fine wine and other forms of preformance enhancing organic substances, and there you have it; A GarWood Reunion......Taken from the GarWoodian Cookbook for Devout Rockers - Partiers - and other weird folks.............GDGT

Rockinrona

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

add a camp fire some of the second gen, lots of warm and fuzzy!& some rockers will go crazy lol rr

Candy_man

Post Number: 135
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Home in sweet Colorado. Rickbeall, as far as I remember Charlie & Stoney didn't play guitar. More to follow.

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 436
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was the story on the question Beenthere asked? I love stories.