Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through February 17, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 739
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt, with your post, you keep real history alive.

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here you are, Mr Stillrockin.
larry and rusty.......circa 1952
Where did the time go and what the hell happened?

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 412
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all gave some.....some gave all

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 129
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumas, Isn't it a riot creating your own reality.....that is until someone interjects ....."the facts ma'am ....just the facts"......must be tough dealing with real facts

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 413
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW....any future contradictions about Garwood history should be checked out thoroughly through me or Hoover or Gus or Bushmark or Ruth or Niel or Gash or Markley or Hi-Watt or 4string or anybody who read about, heard about, dreamt about, or thought about Garwood. If there is no consensus or agreement, then we should find somebody who thinks they might have gone to a party there once and ask them.

Seriously, though, Hoover is "da man".

Gashl1

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gashl1

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stlrkn; You wanted a photo of Stnfrnt....well heres one; Mean, narly, dangerous, ready to pounce........now, you figure out which is which

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 309
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey bushMark I'm really feeling good about myself too.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 310
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gary now I know what side of the room I stay on June 13

Gashl1

Post Number: 132
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Stnfrnt;.....Re; your post 413....shouldn't we envoke GW rule #1. when we can't agree.....(If you think it happened-----It did!)

Stillrockin

Post Number: 311
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who wants to go to the rock&Roll hall of fame on June14or15 2009

Gashl1

Post Number: 133
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

STlrkn I think most of them are coming to us

Ruth
Username: Ruth

Post Number: 136
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumas
I just have to ask - do you have a degree in historical research? From where? Can you get your $ back?

Gashl1

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OOOOOOOOOO......TTTSSSSSSSSSS. ....YYYYYOOOOWWWWW......OUCH.. ......Now gang lets not get....ah the hell with it ....blow er ass out of the water

Gashl1

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.K. Sumas lets call a truce.....It was fun sparing with you, and you are a good sport for playing along.....We obviously see the situation with different eyes.....No one is suggesting that your interest in GarWood is without merit or has no value. It does!....We enjoyed the House and land for different reasons.....None of us blatantly disrespect your views, we just come at it from a different angle, you obvoiusly understand this, based on your statements about us as a group of friends......However, when someone relies solely on fact, they often miss the greater purpose or reason......It may be a fact that the documents you refer to exist and drove certain actions, that led to our leaving the GarWood......But the truth is that power/politicaly motivated people manipulated an obscure set of rules on the books, using them for their own gain and in the end, they won. The FACT that they fabricated facts (50lbs of pot, and other exagerated circustances)Was never an issue to them....Those are the facts you seem to be discovering. When the truth is somewhat different.......CAUTION; There is often a great distance between TRUTH and FACT....Careful;......As for me I'm leaning towards TRUTH......Thin skin has nothing to do with it.................or maybe not

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 414
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 50 lbs of pot wasn't fabricated. It was in a canvas duffel bag.

Gash...that beauty weiged in at 987lbs: took 5-1/2 hrs to land. the ugly weighed around 185lbs and just happened to be walking by.

Ruthie, Ruthie, Ruthie!

Rickbeall
Username: Rickbeall

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remind me to be nice to Ruth. After my next upload she may be asking me where I got my music degree.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 415
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

loves ice fishing
Hey guys, you can call her at BR 549.

Ruth

Post Number: 137
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops - did I really sound that mean?

Rickbeall, I'd never question your musical talent! You've clearly got it!

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Took this pic at walmart last week

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 416
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I see what Ms Jackson was talking about. Hell, that might be her in the picture.

Bentspur...if you get a chance, could you slide on over to the Dollar Palace and check out the fashions over there? I've got this funny feeling....

Rickbeall
Username: Rickbeall

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe she's got more than freckles on her back?

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 205
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dang you make me laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and well U know.

Graynoodle
Username: Graynoodle

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey hoover, i know i'm a few days late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY . i can't drink any alcohol, but i can fire up this "fattie" for you. salute............... did someone mention dilaudids?

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 892
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gash, thanks for your efforts at a truce. You made a very good point in the process. The difference between truth and fact is a good illustration.

Stnfrnt

Post Number: 417
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 2:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lumberjack scooter
Let's ride, Candy!

Ruth

Post Number: 138
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heard from Jeep! He has a gig scheduled for the night of the party but is going to try to re-arrange it so he can join us!

off to hunt for Eddie Saenz now.

it keeps on getting better!!!!

Hiwatt
Username: Hiwatt

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just the FACTS...druggies?,dropouts?,ro ck star wannabes?..I remember a collection of the some of the most talented/gifted people I've ever met.
Musicians,sculpters,poets,pain ters,photojournalists,jesters, comedians,and more. If you were there,
you know. If not,you won't learn about it from a
"history" book. The best way to convey the vibe
would be to see John Colliers photos. I don't
believe the creativity came from drugs,burial grounds,Grayhaven,or Gar Wood.(maybe Gar,he was
a creative dude..)Had it not happened at the mansion,it would have somewhere else.But it DID,
and I'm proud of every moment,and I thank GOD I
was there! Peace-Love

Hiwatt
Username: Hiwatt

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stnfrnt-I was one of the "Seven". First time in jail,18yrs old and scared s---less! Cell#44.
I thought we were getting robbed when I saw longhairs running through the ballroom with guns,
but it was narc goons. Good news/bad news,I guess.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 143
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mornin' Ya'll, Ride on, easy rider stnfrnt.
Well kids, Detroit is rated most empty city in U.S.,2nd Las Vegas, 3rd Atlanta. Due to industrial blight? Why don't we all apply for new drivers permits in the big "D" and use 1 Keelson Drive, Grayhaven Island. Detroit, MI 48215 for our mailing address to raise the population and revert it back to single family residency. Move the existing houses to St. Clair Shores. Purchase the Garwood mansion from Florida and have it moved back home. All things are possible.;^) Peace.