Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through February 22, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3999
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."
-Lady Astor to Winston Churchill
"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."
-His reply

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."
-Dean Martin :-)

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 458
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of, Spinada, not Sangria.
Remember the leather wine pouches everybody had. What were those called? I bet Neil still has one. Yes, no? Those usually had a little more than wine in them too. Just one good squeeze.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4001
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bota bags, Old_guy. More like pissing than drinking. Great for smuggling wine into concerts.

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 75
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...how 'bout.. "wine skin" ? ...

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 76
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..see what happens, O.G... you say something and it becomes an anthem. It becomes an icon that garwoodians must seize upon and explore. Now we're entering the liquid refreshment container bracket...alert ! alert !

Old_guy

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bingo! And you were both right. Hey, refreshment containers were important, sort of like your favorite rolling papers, oh no.

ws.gif

Bigb23

Post Number: 4002
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have they no shame ?

100,000 Stores. Deals. Reviews.
Bag Bota & More!
shopping.yahoo.com

Bigb23

Post Number: 4003
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bag Bota & More! The replacement for Linens and Things. Anyone want in on this ?

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 326
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Anne.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4005
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

sort of like your favorite rolling papers, oh no.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey BushMark I'll see you on the red carpet tonight I'll will be wearing Parda.

Beenthere
Username: Beenthere

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of wine, who came to Vic and my wedding party at the house (aside from the band, I mean)? We had gallon bottles of wine from Greektown on the picnic table in the "dining room" and a big wheel of cheese and several loaves of that awesome Greek bread. Larry Brown had to try to squeeze all of it into his tiny Beetle -- the proprietor of Athens Grocery thought he was crazy. During the party a couple of those bottles ended up with an assortment of pharmaceuticals floating in them. People were dropping pills in there like coins in a fountain. Record Mike took a few swigs and became virtually comotose for like 3 hours.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 328
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like coins in a fountain LOL LOL

Bigb23

Post Number: 4008
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I the only one who remembers "The Dunes" up in Caseville ? Everybody had White Mesc, so nothing was selling. 80 hits went into a bottle of wine at a campfire, and one guy drank the dregs at the bottom of the bottle. He "consorted with nature" for three days, out in the dunes, buck ass naked. (He made Quest for Fire look good).

(I think he is now the CEO of Bank of America). *(Satire)*.

Old_guy

Post Number: 460
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yum, Carlo Rossi Spanada Sangria. 1.5 Liters for $5.99. Makes my skin crawl just looking at it.

ss.gif

Bigb23

Post Number: 4009
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy, what a bunch of wine snobs.

Old_guy

Post Number: 461
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I'm getting thirsty!

Stillrockin

Post Number: 329
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey forget about all this wine and lets all get in a big circle and say a pray for travis the chimpanzee then go get drunk.

Old_guy

Post Number: 462
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here we go again.

cd.gif

Bigb23

Post Number: 4010
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing worse than a Monkey in a business suit.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 527
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stillrockin

Post Number: 330
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was that song title Mick Jagger sing about a monkey?? I should know I'm getting old.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 331
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey bushMark it doesn't take much to get the monkey thing going.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4012
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MONKEY MAN
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey
All my friends are junkies
That's not really true

I'm a cold Italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
What you do?

But I've been bit and I've been tossed around
By every she-rat in this town
Have you, babe?

Well, I am just a monkey man
I'm glad you are a monkey woman too

I was bitten by a boar
I was gouged and I was gored
But I pulled on through

Yes, I'm a sack of broken eggs
I always have an unmade bed
Don't you?

Well, I hope we're not too messianic
Or a trifle too satanic
We love to play the blues

Well I am just a monkey man
I'm glad you are a monkey, monkey woman
Monkey woman too, babe!

I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey!
I'm a monkey man! I'm a monkey man!
I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey!
Monkey! monkey! monkey!.......

Stillrockin

Post Number: 332
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Thanks

Bigb23

Post Number: 4013
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it made sense to me back then. In fact, I NODDED in agreement.

Still waiting for the monkey woman too.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 333
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You should come to Florida I got few Puertoritan girls that are dying to meet you.

Bigb23

Post Number: 4014
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been half way around the world, Hoover, but have never been to Florida. I'm ready. They are of age, right ? :-)

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

monkey man,where did you get all the money business?

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know this river flows right into your pond of gaters ya? rr