Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Monica for mayor » Archive through February 27, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090227/NEWS01/902270430/Mayor +Conyers?+She+s++listening+

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5938
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't she a piece of work??

Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 476
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she was probably "asked" to run by martha reeves.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4190
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 5:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If there is a god in heaven, send us your FBI angels, post-haste!

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4191
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlie LeDuff is reporting that she's thinking of doing a write-in run, and that it is the Call 'Em Out Coalition that's putting her up to this. Ha!

Maybe, it be good for her to run and get publically humiliated and politically destroyed on an even grander scale than she's already been humiliated by either Bing or Cockrel.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 974
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sad thing being it would not be a surprise if she won...
She is more like Detroit than not!

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 533
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is "listening" to the voices in her head.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Call 'Em Out and their rally at the Council meeting has put Detroit back 40 years. Bring on more of that anti-regional sentiment!

For the first time in my life, I would understand completely if the region pulled NAIAS out of Detroit. If this crap keeps up, we can wave goodbye to other efforts.

I knew MC would use this sad mentality to bolster herself politically.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1210
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090227/M ETRO08/902270396

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 804
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no way she can win. No one can win this as a write-in race, and she knows it. This leads me to 3 theories:

A) She's kuh-ray-zee.
B) She's running in the hopes to take juuuuust enough votes from Cockrell and throw the race to Bing.
C) A & B

Panda
Username: Panda

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^But if Bing wins doesn't Cockrel re-assume her (Conyers') current position in the Council?
Am I missing something?

(Message edited by PANDA on February 27, 2009)

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1553
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of the above, Rel.

Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 478
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

but hold up.

if mc is contemplating not running for city council again because of the scrutiny she is now recieving, what makes her think that same scrutiny wouldn't exist in triple-fold if she is mayor?

another example of extreme battyness.

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 252
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She should only run if she can get Master Lonnie Bates to be her campaign manager. He's looking for a gig in public service.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1942
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

^^^But if Bing wins doesn't Cockrel re-assume her (Conyers') current position in the Council?

Maybe. Maybe not.

I've heard a couple of lawyers argue that he can't automatically go back. Expect a court fight at the end of this.

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is a hypocryte. Maybe if she became mayor she would actually send her kids to school within the city she represents! Instead of course of sending them to land of a mall and grocery stores! God help us if she becomes mayor!

Ruxy17
Username: Ruxy17

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can someone fill me in a bit on this "Call em out" Coalition? I was watching channel 10 and saw some loon, Gladys Hitchcock maybe? talking to the council the day they voted the Cobo Deal down. my brother said she's from call em out. who are these people and how do i punch them?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 762
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A
A
A
A
A
Kuh-Ray-Zee
A
A
A
A
A
All the way.

Picking B would assume there is a thought process going through her head. That's more crazy talk there if you ask me.

And if KC gets his job back (regardless of a court decision or not), we're in for more blockbuster headlines with her antics.

Somebody needs to smash her in the face with a broom. And I mean that in the best way possible of course.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The sad thing being it would not be a surprise if she won...
She is more like Detroit than not!"

Defend Brooklyn is right

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 463
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually asked her.

Username: 3420

Post Number: 142
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had conversations with co-worker, family, friends, and people in the political arena about this question.

Do you think some Detroiters vote and act on emotions?

Prime examples are when I watch City Council meetings and watch voters vote the way the vote in the City of Detroit. The Call Em Out Coalition feels Monica Esters should run for mayor out of pure emotions! This is just my take on the subject.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is scary!!!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3832
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

can someone fill me in a bit on this "Call em out" Coalition?

It's the Detroit politics version of PETA.

Sec106
Username: Sec106

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is an embarrasment to the people and the city. She is just so amazingly ridiculous. When she pulled out that plantation reference my jaw dropped. Her poor husband probably stays in D.C. to be out of her reach.

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 150
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ Her poor husband should accept his sexuality, come out of the closet and ditch this queen. Otherwise, I have no sympathy for him. He's equally as culpable as her for this mess.

Rondinjp
Username: Rondinjp

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sec106 what plantation reference did she pull out? I must have missed that.

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ Her poor husband should accept his sexuality, come out of the closet and ditch this queen. Otherwise, I have no sympathy for him. He's equally as culpable as her for this mess.

Username: 3420

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know I have heard that before. I don't want too get all up in his personal life. But every time I hear his name, his sexuality seems to come up.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 942
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Obviously she has something on John Conyers that she would make public. Why else would he not divorce her?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3583
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RG: She may just keep his name anyway and still win. :-(