Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » KK makes tonight's episode of "Lie to Me." « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just saw KK's picture on episode of "Lie to Me."

picture

Anybody else catch it?

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 505
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love that show...watching the RedWings with Lie to Me being recorded on the DVR. Will catch the episode after the game. Thanks for the heads up Zulu!

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw that. They showed Bill Clinton doing the same thing just before KK

Hockeycox1966
Username: Hockeycox1966

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was awesome! I skipped back a few times just to laugh over and over again.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 588
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone describe the context? I know on that show they try to discern what someone is hiding(e.g., contempt, fear, deceit) through someone's micro facial expressions, and then they often cut to a similar micro facial expression on the face of someone well known (in the past they've shown Dick Cheney, Saddam Hussein, Kato Kaelin and Bill Clinton among others).

What were they illustrating with the picture of Kwame? Hidden fear or deceit maybe?

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might have to watch that show online just to see the image

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1264
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The context was that the person on the show wasnt telling the whole truth, that their was something more to tell but had not disclosed it all.

Then they flashed to Clinton and Kilpatrick with the expression captured in the above picture...

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 379
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love this show. I caught the screen flash of KK and my jaw dropped. That's when it really hit me just how much national attention this scandel had received; they put his face on a nationally televised show knowing he would be recognized by most everyone watching and that they would know what he was trying to keep quiet about...and he followed Clinton to boot.

I believe the expression, fingers pressed to lips, was called "shushing" themself. They want to tell something but are keeping themselves quiet.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 683
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/6090 4/lie-to-me-unchained

Around 15:50

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.