Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » O'Reilly mentions Detroit when talking about Mexico travel warnings « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 435
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-z3_kmOi5-w

Starting at 1:55. Now Downtown Detroit is getting lumped in with Juarez.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3571
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

by people who've never visited either place....

But it's kinda odd that O 'Reilly is criticizing a place with no social safety net, less regulation, pro-fetus laws and no overpaid union workers...

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 790
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Technically, O'Reilly didn't make the initial comparison, his guest did.
The big chump didn't have any issue with jumping on the bandwagon, though..

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 497
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a Mexican part-time resident, I can assure you we have tons of regulaton; probably moreso than the U.S.

The difference is that Mexico has a completely ineffectual state, so people can basically do what they please because the state has no capacity to enforce its many ridiculous and contradictory regulations.

Oh, and neither Mexico nor Detroit are all that dangerous to outsiders, as long as you don't associate with criminals.

Savannah
Username: Savannah

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

South Carolina is North Carolina's mexico. Here's proof.www.pedroland.com/ - 5k -

Goose
Username: Goose

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

detroit, cancun of the north!!!!

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of my favorite things about living in Detroit is that rich douchebags like O'Reilly steer clear of it. Imagine sitting a table over from him at a restaurant or something. Ugh. I'd rather get shot.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3572
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"so people can basically do what they please because the state has no capacity to enforce its many ridiculous and contradictory regulations"

right...complete lack of enforcement might as well be no regulation...and of course, add in the fact that underpaid civil servants can be influenced with "free market" solutions, i.e. mordidas...

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1287
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O'Reilly is an idiot. He is almost as much of a windbag as Rush. He never has anything relevant to say.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if Bill ever recommended to parents not to send their kids to Iraq?

Alexander72
Username: Alexander72

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have now written three letters to the big O . If he's cool he will respond. I also suggested that he look at DetroitYES to see what we have to say about him trashing our city.Maybe some of you are old enough to remember back in the 70s when Ti Wa Chang was fired from channel 2 ,and came back to Detroit and trashed on CNN.
text/plainOh no "O", Oh no "O".
CPUInfo.txt (0.1 k)

Baselinepunk
Username: Baselinepunk

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O'Reilly sucks.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.