Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Garwood Mansion » Garwood Archives » Archive through March 05, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gleeman
Username: Gleeman

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

man I had to slow SR down on the South Beach walkway where he had the bigtyreHoverround on autopilot chasin a mediumage lady of the professional persuasion, and he had one of the hookah tubes stuck in his mouth on FULL- didn't look like he was slowin down too much so I had to run and put sum coconuts in his path to divert...it goes on , and on...

Old_guy
Username: Old_guy

Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hc.gif

Stillrockin
Username: Stillrockin

Post Number: 363
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here we go.

Gleeman

Post Number: 82
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...Hooveround...
hooveround

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 160
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You Guys really Make My Day..Funny Shit Gleeman

Rockinrona
Username: Rockinrona

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya your all a hoot I must say RR

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of the best drummers/musicians I've known and a realy great uncle.

Gashl1
Username: Gashl1

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty quiet around here lately....Hope this is not a preview of things to come for June.....Nah, I think we will still have a lot to say then......Gleeman and Hoover how about filling us in on just how much fun you guys really had.....or do you have to wait till your court date to find out just how much fun you had....I hate when that happens.....Glad you guys were able to get together....

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 963
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobby East, awesome guitarist, and the Jones Boys, they were an awesome band. They used to play at the Club 23, a blind pig a friend of mine operated on Michigan Avenue just west of I 96/75, back in the mid 80's. Great joint and Bobby East's band was the icing on the cake. Close the bars, go to Club 23, get a nice buzz, and listen to Bobby East 'til the wee hours of the morn. Great memories.

Stnfrnt
Username: Stnfrnt

Post Number: 466
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Gash....you're gonna have to read the police report and check local news story footage. Those guys ain't coming clean for nothing. Are you crazy? I heard something about a couple guys on electric scooters with two llamas and a Guatamalan fruit picker trying to get to Cuba in a hot air balloon. Hoover's scared of heights so.........well, maybe. Pretty sure Markley wasn't dressed right anyway. Hoover says he's got an endless supply of black socks and garters.
goes great with speedos

Whaler

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1kielsondrive..Yes Bobby is still Kickin it..He has recorded some new stuff that he hopes to have out soon...He worked with McBride at Bluebird Studios in Nashville...I saw the Reefermen down at the WinterBlast..they tore it up the crowd Loved it...Detroit should be proud of this Lead Guitarist

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 534
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on, Whaler. The Reefermen are another all-time Detroit favorite of mine as well. James Wailin is one of the best frontmen around. It's a Family Affair.

Whaler

Post Number: 162
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grll...I am sorry I Left out Wailin..Truly amazing Vocals ,Mike on bass Kick ass...I Loved Todd as the Drummer... I hear he is Playing with the Lead guitarest of the Muggs...Also with Jimmy Mccarty...Family Affair one of My favorites along with Zepplin Set,Black Sabath set And of Course their Originals...Their New Beatles covers are also amazing

Det313grrl

Post Number: 536
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, JOHN COLLIER, it sure would be nice if you'd post a couple of your fabulous interior shots of the mansion. I bet that would get some memories flowing...

Det313grrl

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

waybackmachine.jpg

Old_guy

Post Number: 480
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Girl, you are correctamundo about the photo thing.

Stillrockin

Post Number: 364
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I talked to John today.

Old_guy

Post Number: 481
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And?

Gleeman

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

while in Fla SR snuck us into the Polo match where a lot was going on..one highpoint was when a small dog ran onto the field during a game, horses and riders were like all over the place trying to fence him away from the other horses, and people, spectators were trying to catch the dog-after 5 minutes, a kid tackled him...then SR snuck us in to the Red Cross luncheon and Auction where lotsa rich ladies with huge hats were offering thousands of dollars for pieces of art-and donations for Red cross..we dined on some ritzy ice cream banana deserts with way too much salt and then were privileged to see Tito Puentes Jr play Santana's "O mi Como Va" or whatever...I'll try to post a pic in the following post-it'll be way small...it was a good time... ... sneaky doings, SR... sneaky sneaky sneaky ... would be the buzzword for the day...

Gleeman

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tito Puentes Jr.
T.P. Jr.

Gleeman

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SR wouldn't let me wear my black socks and sandals to this event...just not upscale enough...but I did manage to wear the very clean black socks (I know this is an important item to be reckoned with by ALL Garwoodians)

Old_guy

Post Number: 482
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ran across this photo of the South Beach trip on the internets.

gm.gif

Stillrockin

Post Number: 365
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are working the Detroit Free press.

Candy_man
Username: Candy_man

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Mornin' Ya'll, Rock on Tito Jr. with your bad self, doin' your Dad's song. Right on! I have a set of his L.P. signature Timbales "Thunder". Peace.

Rockinrona

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rockinrona

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Graynoodle
Username: Graynoodle

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi everybody. just got home from work. got the mail and there it was. my invite to the big day. thanks ruth. you'll be hearing from me soon

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 969
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl, thanks for the picture of the Reefermen. I didn't know Bobby was in the Reefermen with James (Torres) Wailin. I've known James for years. Don't laugh, ha, ha - promise!!! - - James and I were in a movie together. James was the heavy, the bad guy (star). He was typecast, do 'ya think? Margaret Doll Rod was the love interest (star) and object of James'(dis)affection. Keith Howarth of Noir Leather and Danny Dollrod were good guys, coming to Margaret's rescue, also typecast. I had a bit part in the background. Do 'ya think I was typecast? It was shot downtown Detroit in bars and alleys and started as a serious film, but came up short when the producer fled town, never to be seen again. The directors were our mutual friends. It was fun. I saw a few days takes, but not the final film. I know who has the finished copy. If it's ever released, I'll be a star. I'll be rich and famous!

Det313grrl

Post Number: 539
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Markley, nice work...

Really nice,
truly a piece of art, I might have to frame it!

I love the tribute to Oklahoma Mike.

Wow, it's official , the invites are out. How cool is that.

Bentspur
Username: Bentspur

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW!!!! I received my invitation yesterday. What a beautiful piece of work.
It really is suitable for framing. Another piece of Garwood history in the making.
The Garwood still lives.