Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Non stop rain « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it rained non stop all weekend,well at least it isnt snow.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holy fuck, seriously? All of us on here who live in windowless, doorless cinder-block bunkers greatly appreciate the updates from outside.

Tell me, is Twingo's still open? Agave? Downtown Hudson's? I used to love downtown Hudson's.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3976
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bear, ya gotta remember there's an awful lot of us DYers that don't live anywhere near Michigan. So I like the updates.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 305
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Someday, a Real Rain will Come to Wash All the Scum Off the Streets"...Travis Bickle.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 914
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, that explains why i ended up soaking wet every time i went outside.

but seriously, once i was in myrtle beach, and a guy walked up to the bar where i was seated, and asked the bartender, "hey, did it rain today?" the bartender replied that it did rain earlier that afternoon. the inquiring patron responded, "ya, i was wondering why all the cars were wet outside." i kid you not.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 915
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" I love the rain - it washes memories off the sidewalk of life."

- Allan Felix (Woody Allen), Play It Again Sam

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 235
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Send some down here to Austin!

Detmi7mile
Username: Detmi7mile

Post Number: 159
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least I don't have to try to scrape rain off my windows in the freezing cold before i can drive anywhere.

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 236
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be glad to Publicmsu. I'll bring the bucket.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let it rain.... we need life giving rain. Good sleeping weather....the sound of raindrops rolling down gutters and splashing against the window is soothing...

(Message edited by terryh on March 08, 2009)

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2927
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is hard to walk the dog, though. I think there is a break in the downpour, time to get the leash!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5386
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How well do hybrids perform in heavy rain and flood conditions?? What are the chances of getting fried dropping a hybrid into a flood zone?

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 388
Posted on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

All of us on here who live in windowless, doorless cinder-block bunkers greatly appreciate the updates from outside.

Yes, we do. Thanks.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 228
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It does make it hard to walk the dog,it rained so hard over the weekend,their was rarely any breaks.Well at least it wasn't snowing though. :-)

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3616
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, rains in Florida do tend to be brief, from what I hear. And Florida does have a lot of visitors. So I don't think it's so weird to hear somebody ask if it rained in Florida. Maybe unusual ... :-)

Jimb
Username: Jimb

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TheCarl, love your Woody Allen quote - funny scene from one of my favorite movies. Can't remember if that was when they were hanging out at his apt, before they went out (when he flashed his medal that he'd bought, scratched the record, ...), or if it was when he was alone with Diane Keaton. Been a while since I saw it. Still remember my oldest sister taking me and my other sisters to see that when it came out - I was 11 at the time, didn't really get it back then.

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 89
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Send some out here to Denver. We need it really bad. Have not had traceable moisture here in the city since January.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 746
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Originally posted by Ray1936:

Bear, ya gotta remember there's an awful lot of us DYers that don't live anywhere near Michigan.

Yea, like 85% of DYers. :-)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6037
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eve,My daughter lives in Broomfield. She said it's been crazy warm all winter. 65-70 degree days. She's been able to take the baby to the park all winter to play

Swimmaven
Username: Swimmaven

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't appreciate Michigan's rain - what, 3 times a week - until I moved to Kallifornia. I pray for rain. It is a pleasure. Listening to it on the roof, on the pool, smelling it, standing in it (we usually do not have thunder and lightning); one of the big things I miss about Michigan.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3824
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotta have that Michigan weather in March. :-)

We're going from possibly 30s and snow to 60s and severe thunderstorm with high winds and flooding all in the mix.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2035
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Send some down here to Austin!

Looks like we're bringing some with us to SXSW.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4551
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spring is coming. Trees, grass and animals need some water right away so that they could grow.

This is how bless this nation is. Other nations don't get any water because of their ignorace against the Lord. Also, some nations get too much water because they became ignorant against the Lord.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5959
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some get water sometimes, sometimes they do not. Because of their ignorance against the Lord.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9586
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's going to rain all day today again. Whoever is being ignorant against the Lord, please stop.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2935
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Johnlodge, I needed a good laugh this morning. When the sun doesn't shine, you have to make your own. :-)

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All this "rain" is just a bunch of Teamsters with garden hoses trying to embarass City Council. Please throw grapes at Joint Council 43 on Trumbull.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3980
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It hasn't rained here since December. Where's ignorance when ya really need it?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3629
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it rained on the just *and* the unjust. ;)

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Danny, what you are saying is New Orleans got what they deserved in 2005?

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East_Detroit,

Thank you so much for the rain. We really need it. Hope you have a great time.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 975
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing about all this rain, I found all my leaks. Now waiting for it to stop to fix them.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

East_Detroit,

Thank you so much for the rain. We really need it. Hope you have a great time.

Diane,

You're welcome! Thanks.... we're going to ride the Dillos all over the place, but we didn't think it would be in the 40s. :-(

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 223
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The cold front came in about 6am today, temperature dropped 22 degrees. AC on last night and set the heater for this afternoon. Only in Texas. :-)

Mopardan
Username: Mopardan

Post Number: 260
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're not kidding Diane. I got to work a little before 6 & it wasn't bad. Went out to my truck 30mins later & whammo!
'bout time we got some rain though.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spring, the season of mud. Give me snow anytime.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.