Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Kilpatrick Wants $100M from SkyTel « Previous Next »
Archive through March 09, 2009Cloud_wall30 03-09-09  10:33 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it true that Christine Beady is suing Kwame for violating the sodomy laws of 1873?

Can we file a class action suit since he screwed so many?

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 747
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame is in the absolute right to sue SkyTel. If Kwame was not removed from office he would have made $100M over the course of his career. In fact, he was in the process of trying to steal $100M before he was so rudely interrupted and removed from office.

Kwame, me and you understand the sacred right to steal from and cheat those who trust you!

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 934
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is his high priced lawyers talking. I wonder where the unending money comes from for his defense. Also, I'm really sorry the Feds couldn't have come up with a case before he pulled this one out of the bag. Ya think it may be a deflection tactic?

The Detroit of yesteryear is gone. I loved the City of Detroit back when. This is making me literally sick. With all the crap going on in this United States these days; loss of jobs, loss of health care, foreclosures, dropping stocks; thug KK is still plugging along without a worry in the world. How does he do that? He will continue to rape and pillage the City as long as he is able.

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am also having a lot of problems with the prurient sensationalization of these text messages. We all know it they had an affair and so does the court that sentenced them. Releasing those explicit exchanges is irrelevant and helps nothing. The parts that deal with their affair should never have been released. As English noted it is a divisive and wasteful distraction to the serious problems we all face.

There is some disturbing news for Mike Cox, the Manoogian party story and how he was viewed as a cover. Now that is news, not titillation. In the end, when all the giggles subside, that may be the big story.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9081
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Sigh. When we were going through this last year, everyone said if we just got Kwame out of office, we could move on! Apparently not.

There were a few calling for the complete flushing of the corruption that has SO infected the entire state through the McNamara regime...including the bad pastors of the mega-churches in the area!

Nah, it is GREAT for the city, county, and state to have this continue without ceasing until every last one of the collaborators is rooted from the shadows.

I was overjoyed to see the Channel 4 report that emphasized how the city attorney asked Kwhyme WHO he wanted to clear him, Cox or Duggan.

It only took thirty minutes for him to check to see if Cox would be on his side to bury the mansion investigation.

Stuff we KNEW was going on...solidified via these texts. This is historic, hysterical stuff. Keep shining the light into these shadows...

Cheers!

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 420
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Skytel, I done set you up for a comeback!"

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5388
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The parts that deal with their affair should never have been released. As English noted it is a divisive and wasteful distraction to the serious problems we all face."

On the contrary, if transparency is paramount then picking and choosing what's released would only engender continued speculation and distrust.

Everything needs to come out, good and bad, seemingly trivial or not. That's the only way to stop the festering and settle things down.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

quote:

It's called a subpoena. SkyTel was ordered to produce those text by the court in connection with the Brown whistle blower case.

That doesn't answer my question.

Why release these to the general public?

The Court released them once the case was over because they were public records and the news media requested them under the Freedom of Information Act.

Xstigmatax
Username: Xstigmatax

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This might be a little off topic but I don't care. What really makes me mad is 15 years ago, the one time I ever messed up in my life legal wise and was on non reporting probation, I wanted to go to Cedar Point thus had to go to the court house to get permission and was shot down.

Why is someone who is a obvious criminal allowed to up and MOVE to Texas during his probation but a minor violator, over halfway though his probation with no issues (to this day) turned down for a day trip 2 hours down the road?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5389
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He hasn't been granted permission to move to Texas yet.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 765
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, I see why KK hired Willie Gary. That guy is one of the best at what he does. I'm sure he wouldn't have taken the case if he didn't think he had a chance either to win outright or get a out of court settlement. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 545
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope he comes out snake eyes.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

>>On the contrary, if transparency is paramount then picking and choosing what's released would only engender continued speculation and distrust.

Everything needs to come out, good and bad, seemingly trivial or not. That's the only way to stop the festering and settle things down.<<

Amen, Lilpup. Personally, I think the messages between Kwame and the women are just plain disgusting. These women knew he was married with young children, yet they chose to spend time with him? Doesn't say much for them. Women need to give themselves a bit more credit. Settling for something like KK is just sad.

I'm glad it's all out in the open. I've read the newspaper accounts regarding city business and possible crimes. I've had to ignore the other stuff, lest I vomit.

Interesting thought, if KK isn't allowed to move to Texas, that would leave him and CB in Detroit. Mrs. KK would be in Texas. I wonder how long it would take Mrs. KK to move back if she felt there could be a renewal of a *romance*?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2474
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I was Willie gary, I'd be looking at who gave the original text messages to Stafanni.

If I remmeber correctly, Stefanni asked KK and CB about the text messages twice; once during depostions and the second time on the stand during the Whistleblower trial.

I remember commenting on WDET's Detroit Today that Stefanni wouldn't ask about text messages unless he had them. But he never presented those during the trial.

In subsequent interviews, Stefanni has said he tried to get them during the trial, but they didn't find their way into his hands until he and William Mitchell were negotiating the final settlement.

Stafanni said he gave copies of the texts to the arbitator who inturn gave them to Mitchell. Stefanni has also said that he met Macardo in the parking lot. Mitchell was holding the copies in his hand and said, "I had no idea." while trying to call KK.

Once Mitchell spoke with KK, the $8.4 million dollar deal was struck within a half hour.

So, the question is, who gave Stefanni the texts? They had to come from Skytel. Who did Skytel give them to? We know The Freep was after them, we know that Judge Kinney was after them, and we know that The City fought to keep them out of the Whistleblower trial.

Somehow they got out of Skytel and into the hands of person X. Person X then gave them to Stefanni. Stefanni submitted them as part of the Settlement Agreement and once they were in there, the Freep used a FIOA to post them in the paper.

Once they hit the paper, the blow-up ensued and then in late March (?) of 2008 Kym Worthy weighed in with her indictments.

So, that's why if I was Willie Gary, I'd be looking at the original texts. If those weren't leaked, KK would still be in office.

Here is a theory, PersonX at Skytel HQ in Alabama has family ties to Detroit. Very possible. PersonX is following the Whistleblower case and the situation in Detroit. They know that Judge Kinney supoended the texts, but The City Law Department has blocked those efforts. That person gets his hands on the texts and slides them to Stefanni.

Now, if I were Person X I could look at the Texts as my Lotto Ticket. I call Stefanni and tell him what I have, fax him a few to wet his beek, and arrange a hand-off.

If I'm Person X and I steal them from my employer, is Skytel liable? Am I protected under the Federal Whistleblower Act? Or does the Secured Communications Act trumps? Is Skytel liabel simply because they didn't protect them from getting pilfered by Person X?

If I was Willie Gary, I'd try to get my hands on Stefanni's travel docs. I'd also try to get my hands on his phone records and see who in Alabama Stefanni was talking/faxing to.

But maybe that's just me.

Edited for correct name of Attorney Mitchell

(Message edited by gnome on March 10, 2009)

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding English's desire to move on and spend more time on the current council problems, are we too simpleminded to carry two trains of thought? Besides, what more do we need to know about council? The idiots there outed themselves quite clearly. Anyone with a brain knows what needs to happen.

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

go ahead and sue skytel I hope he wins then he can pay trhe city the money he owes sooner

Cinderpath
Username: Cinderpath

Post Number: 950
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Good luck with that KK! Too bad SkyTel will have a lot of cash and better lawyers than you'll be able to afford. Remember when KK hired his big expensive mouthpiece, and he took a look at your case and bailed on you?

What a sore looser.....

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a clear point of difference in service with Skytell and other text message providers like Verizion or Sprint. Skytell is a specialized service that aimed towards keeping all texts on record. Their service is designed for governments or corporations who WANT A PERNAMENT record of all texts, for the purpose of being used in court. The city of Detroit switched to Skytell under the Kilpatrick administration. It is unreal to think his messages don't apply to that policy, after all that is what he signed up for, and now he wants it the other way.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 626
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reason I thought the text messages were brought into the mix to show they both lied on the stand and the settlement had nothing to do with it. What sparked the question was the fact that they settled so quickly right after KK vowed he would fight the courts ruling if favor of the officers. The Free Press dug into the reason why they settled so quick and found out it was because of the Text messages. KK and Co. thought a quick settlement would lock the Text messages away in a vault in Comerica bank. This is the reason they(Free Press) went for the FOIA and they were released. I don't think they have to look for person X. He is irrelevent.

Gnome

Post Number: 2475
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a pretty good interactive timeline of what happened when. Dates/events/etc.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080215/S PECIAL01/80214001

I need to ammend my theory, Skytel is based in Mississippi not Albama. oops

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 922
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, you're getting the story (which is admittedly complex) all mixed up.

You've got all kinds of things wrong, but to answer your initial question, there is no mystery as to how Mr. Stefani obtained the text messages. Mr. Stefani issued a subpoena to Skytel during post-trial proceedings and the company responded by sending him the information. He has stated this in interviews and sworn testimony many times over the past year. There is no Person X or some kind of mole at Skytel regarding Mr. Stefani's procurement of the text messages.

Now, if you are talking about the Free Press, there are a lot of questions about how they obtained the first batch of texts. Mr. Stefani has testified under oath that he didn't give them up. Therefore the Freep got them from 1) Stefani employees, 2) defense attorney(s) or employee(s), 3) Law Department attorneys or employee(s), 4) the trial court judge or staff, or 5) a Skytel insider. Whether any of this matters to Mr. Gary's claims on behalf of Mr. Kilpatrick is unknown. If Skytel's only disclosures were in response to subpoenas, the merits of Mr. Kilpatrick's attempt to receive "justice" will rise or fall on some mind-numbing legal arguments made by the attorneys regarding the Stored Communications Act and any applicable privacy rights.

Gnome

Post Number: 2476
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Swingline for clearing up my factual errors. Knew I can count on the forum for keeping me in line.

Now, Person X, hmmm, someone gave them to the Freep. If Gary is sueing Skytel, he must think Person X was a Skytel Insider.

I guess the question becomes is Skytel liable if PersonX pilfered the Texts?

Thanks again for the correction.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 768
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For this particular case KK hired one of the best in the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W illie_E._Gary

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 342
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame suing Skytel is like a gunshot victim suing the gun manufacturer. Problem is juries are as stupid as the attorneys that select them want them to be.

Kwame is using his own stupidity and complete lack of morals to his advantage on this one. He used a city owned device to transmit his garbage. What he did is no different than as if he wrote this stuff on paper using city owned stationary. But since the public will perceive that texts are phone based, this is a wire tap. It is not.

Strange for a guy that made allegations of threats a key to his last "great speech" but never produced any of those threats to public record he is trying to profit from electronic media. The legal community must love this one. They know that the outcome is unknown. Nothing better for them.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 749
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Originally posted by Lilpup:

He hasn't been granted permission to move to Texas yet.

He has now:
http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090310/NEWS01/90310073/Kilpat rick+allowed+to+move+to+Texas+ +ordered+to+pay+$16+000+to+city

Gnome

Post Number: 2478
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a PDF of the filing by Willie Gary on behalf of KK.

http://www.freep.com/uploads/p dfs/2009/03/0310_skytel_suit.p df

Swingline you;ll find them to be of particular interest.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 550
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, and I want a new Corvette in my drive way tomorrow. What are the chances of either happening?

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 576
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The family of the chimp attack victim is only asking for $50M and she lost her face for crying out loud.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always wanted a pony.....

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2976
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about the citizens of Detroit file a class action lawsuit for malfeasance against ex mayor Bozo fatso and while were at it file a lawsuit against the city council for authorizing a multi million $ bribe payoff.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 868
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably ought to start bombarding the newspapers local to the court in question with links to the whole story..Kwyme A. River is gonna come off as a poor innocent victim when this hits a jury outside of Michigan.

Barbara_10
Username: Barbara_10

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He can run, but he can't hide.
The whole country knows about him.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.