Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through March 09, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2742
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've wondered why Lowell never moved us the HOF thread status since it obviously makes a lot of people jealous that our thread has lasted as long as it has. For those who don't venture onto other threads very much there is mention of us once in a while to that effect.

Tsomyak
Username: Tsomyak

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to go in a totally different direction on #5. How about the eye on the Lion at Eastland?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6026
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, if he HOFs us, I don't think you can post as easily. I think he has to approve the posts or something. And remember, we raised hell when he wanted to put us in a megathead, so maybe he's just leaving well enough alone.

TSom, I think he's indicated that it's in the church, but I could be wrong. It almost looks as if it's something being held against a red colored robe, so that would be either St. Jude or St. Joe, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I've turned the picture upside down, sideways, upside down AND sideways, and the best I can guess is a halo or a a wing

Tsomyak
Username: Tsomyak

Post Number: 115
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I think JC is correct, HOF posts are approved individually by Lowell. I don't think he wants to make that much work for himself!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding Pic #5

Stick with the VERY EARLY archives and you'll have an eye on the prize.

Jcole

Post Number: 6028
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have. I've gone from the 1st day to the end of May, and I can't find a thing, dammit

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tsomyak: The gold mouse says "I'll keep an eye on the lion, you look elsewhere".

Zitro

Post Number: 2743
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wasn't advocating us to go into the HOF thread I know there is a time delay, I was just wondering about it.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the Hall of Fame status was given to significant threads AFTER a hiatus of activity. If the SJ thread dissipates (which by all accounts won't happen in the near future) then Lowell (Thanks Lowell) most likely would give it HOF status. We could however have some of the recent dates archived. (Thanks again Lowell)

Jcole

Post Number: 6029
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is #5 Fr. Ording's glasses?

This is what it says at the top of the HOF area

quote:

These threads of execeptional quality, interest or humor from the other forums have been promoted to the DetroitYES Hall of Fame. Responses may be made to these threads but, to insure quality, are not immediately posted. They are queued for approval by moderators. Please allow up to 24 hours for this process to admit your responses.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 713
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't threads go HOF if they were once quite popular then postings slowed a great deal?

Maybe as long as we keep active we'll stay out front.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 676
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, we're famous on other threads? Who'd a thought it! There was a nun at the silent retreat this weekend, who not only knew Sister Paul Therese, but was also a St. Jude grad from....I'm thinking she said 57? Her name was Sister Joanne Peters, if that helps anybody.

Zitro

Post Number: 2744
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More like infamous on other threads CFG

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hint:

By the spring of '08 you're too late,
Keep your search narrowed down,
The eye in the pic is not a trick
at sometime perhaps there was a frown.

Jcole

Post Number: 6030
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There aren't any posts earlier than Spring of 08

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: YOU'VE GOT IT.. Fr. Ording's eye with glasses. Since you've completed the 5 ids the extra stuffed cabbages should be coming your way (hopefully CFG will help out with the distribution of the prizes :-) )

Laing: Congrats on your efforts. If you can travel up for the Polish dinner maybe CFG can toss some extra perogies on your plate.

Jcole

Post Number: 6031
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just what I need, more food. But, thank you, I will enjoy my plate and think of you all when I'm at the Polish Dinner on Sat.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1383
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: The posts started on March 19, 2008. They were archived later (March 21). Your keen eye for detail has helped. Congrats.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really do wish I could be there for the Polish dinner and sit down with some of the SJ posters. My gut feeling (pun intended and unintended) is that CFG will facilitate a delicious/successful Polish dinner. Hopefully, there are many more to come.

(Message edited by kellyroad on March 09, 2009)

Jcole

Post Number: 6032
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will keep everybody posted on the deliciousness of the food, and the goodness of the company.

Zitro

Post Number: 2745
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're killing me here ya know.

Jcole

Post Number: 6033
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You'll get your Polish food eventually, ZZ. It just won't be this weekend

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 677
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't worry J - I have you covered on the extra stuffed cabbages - we're getting excited about the event - and will be cooking up a storm in the "convent" come Saturday morning. Sure am looking forward to seeing you! That place will be smelling like kielbasa, kraut and kabbage in no time!
Thanks "Z" - I LOVE being infamous - much better than famous!

Zitro

Post Number: 2746
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole

Post Number: 6034
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't cry little Z. I'll dedicate at least one pierogi to you.

Eastburn

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget to sprinkle a little sugar in the sour cream on that pierogi.

Jcole

Post Number: 6038
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, I'll ask. Why should I sprinkle sugar in the sour cream?

Eastburn

Post Number: 715
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't ask questions. Try it. You'll love it. Trust me.

Jcole

Post Number: 6039
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, troops, I need a little of the SJS prayer magic worked for another one of my family members. I just got word that my sister Dinky (Liz) has two aneurysms in her brain. One is leaking and the other isn't as of yet. She's at Mt. Clemens General and will be moving over to Providence for surgery, I'm assuming within the next day. I am very worried for her. She is the one that has non-Hodkins lymphoma and diabetes and her husband recently had surgery for prostate surgery.
So, please say a prayer or two for her if you get a chance. Thanks.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prayers are there, J. Please keep us posted down the road.