Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Anyone see yesterday's Let er Rip? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 571
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McFail and Martha Reeves were quite the odd couple with Strawberry's son's attorney.
Martha and Sharon seem to be from another planet. Your take?

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 322
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw it...Sharon was typical Sharon, always in denial about everything. She claims that KK never actually signed the policy that said messages sent on city-owned phones were owned by the public, that it was a ink stamp. Loved it when Yatooma told her she should sue KK for his text messages.

As for Reeves...whoa....90% of the program she sat stone faced, not even looking toward the other panelists as they spoke, just gazing straight forward like some sort of wax figure. I can understand her not wanting to put her foot in her mouth by speaking, but her body language made her look very, very uncomfortable in that setting.

Cloud_wall
Username: Cloud_wall

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I liked it when Martha's only response to the Bing controversy was, "Does his opponent have a Master's degree?"

Yatooma said, "The point is, did his opponent ever falsely claim to have a Master's degree."

Martha repeatedly and emphatically said "Don't tell me how to answer. That's my answer. Don't tell me what the question is," etc., etc. and everyone just ignored it.

After everyone ignored her, she just stared into the camera like maybe someone out in TV land would pay attention and chime in.

Sometimes I think that certain people on Council aren't really motivated by corruption, or animus toward the suburbs, or any unique brand of craziness, they just want to be paid attention to and hey, people will listen if they say the opposite of what everyone else says. I guess that isn't a new theory. But yeah, a memorable Let er Rip.

Ct_alum
Username: Ct_alum

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I loved the part where Martha said that "Cobo has been falling apart for years, so what's the rush to fix it now?". I had to turn it off after that. BTW, does anybody else think that Charlie Langton is a self-serving, pompus doofus?

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Martha Reeves have dementia or is she just retarded?

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did laugh when Martha said, to Charlie, "You're a funny little man!"

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 568
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She revoked Lily Tomlin's Ghetto Pass too.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 572
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to know did Martha get that "do" from Rick James?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found this bit on her wikipedia page

"Reeves suffered a nervous breakdown from an acid trip and had to be institutionalized in 1969"

that distant stare she was doi is that classic "I did a lot of acid stare"

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Just amazing. I'll bet that little fact will be used by someone this election. Gloves off!

Orange_barrel
Username: Orange_barrel

Post Number: 96
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yatooma got in some real zingers.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.