Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Art Beat « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Charcoalgreysoul
Username: Charcoalgreysoul

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, every time I turn on PBS during a weekend afternoon; I'm reminded by how much I miss that show. I'm always hoping a similar show would pop up. Do anyone know if there is a way to watch some of those episodes?

(If you're not familiar with it, its a show that was on PBS 6+ years ago. It featured Robert Maniscalco as the host who went around the Detroit area speaking with local artists as they show their talent.)

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 229
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I miss that show too, I liked Rob Maniscalco. Used to watch it every saturday afternoon. It was on a 5:00

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 609
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.maniscalcogallery.c om/essays/art%20beat%20underwr iting%20proposal.htm

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 230
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Art Beat audience: watched by 25,000 - 75,000 (50,000 to 130,000 per week), the highest rated local program in WTVS's history." (maniscalcogallery.com)

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 145
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really, I thought I was the only one who watched that show.

Charcoalgreysoul
Username: Charcoalgreysoul

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the link Danny. Still hoping for a return...or at least something similar.
Yeah, I didn't realize it drew that large of number of viewers.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that guy was so full of himself it was ridiculous.

Maniscalco
Username: Maniscalco

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey all. Thanks for your interest in the show. Tell the station to get something like it on the air. They cut back a lot on local programming, lack of funding. Maybe things have changed (I doubt it). BTW, Gravitymachine is right, I am so full of myself. The therapy is helping! Visit: http://maniscalcogallery.com/p ortrait-painter.htm

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2238
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Robert, for the link to your website. I enjoyed the Augustus B. Woodward ppt on the history of that project.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.