Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Sala Thai closed in Eastern Market? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1671
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Drove passed the other day and noticed a lot of windows boarded up. A case of vandalism or are they closed?

Choquant
Username: Choquant

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure exactly what happened (possibly break-ins) but I just went there 2 days ago and had a delicious pad thai so no worries. I hope. :-)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6810
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not again!

This is one of the better places in Eastern Market for a decent sit down meal. It grates me to think that some petty thugs are after these folks. I loved it when these folks moved up from Lafayette to this neighborhood. I hope they find some sort of cost effective measure to curb this kind of unwanted behavior and stay in the area.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9100
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO, those boards have been up since last year's spree of broken windows from ONE fellow who had a strange taste for only the lower shelves of their liquor cabinet! He never touched the expensive stuff, and as far as I know didn't steal anything else when he was inside.

He was finally caught with some great diligence from the Police Department and a few willing neighbor's surveillance.

Royce, please. Check before anyone starts another thread of doom.

Suburbanbliss
Username: Suburbanbliss

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very interesting that ONE fellow who was on a window smashing and liquor pilfering spree last year could cause such damage that the windows are STILL boarded up. The pilferer has been captured by a very DILIGENT police force with the aid of a FEW neighbors. So what seems to be the problem with repairing a couple of window panes? Now that the restaurant is SAFE from vandals it might be high time to repair the damage caused the LONE criminal. Removal of the bars on the unbroken windows would also be a nice touch. If Royce and other sophisticated city dwellers are given the impression that the business is CLOSED, perhaps the owners should go ahead with necessary repairs. Strolling past, driving by, walking up to and or dining in a restaurant which has boarded up or barred windows is not really creating an environment conducive to a pleasant dining experience. No wonder how it's current appearance could cause concerned DYeser's to start a THREAD OF DOOM.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.