Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Historical Detroit Streetlight Help « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

The_recycling_people
Username: The_recycling_people

Post Number: 135
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few years ago, we were able to rescue some Historical Detroit street lights from the scrap heap. We are in the process of restoring these poles and are missing some parts and are looking for any additional peices or whole poles that may be floating around. I have attached a few photos of the style we are currently working on.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9630
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I mentioned in another thread, Odd Fellow's Antiques in Berkley has a large piece of historic light. It's the entire lamp portion. Check the Historic Lights thread.

Detroit_signal
Username: Detroit_signal

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice! These look like the ones taken out of service along Van Dyke or Davison in the last few years. Maybe the PLD can help you (although I've had no luck with them). Its worth a try anyway

A100driver
Username: A100driver

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm curious. How did you ever get a hold on these streetlights. I've seen people do it in the past, but I've never been able to. I even tried the Detroit Chamber of Commerce with no luck. Do I just need to be in the right place at the right time? Your restored unit looks beautiful by the way.

Rsmack
Username: Rsmack

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you need access plate covers I might be able to cast them for you if you have an original. I made several for the bishop poles I restored. email me at rs-mack@hotmail.com if you need them.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.