Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Join me at the Council meeting to demand their resignations » Archive through March 11, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dcmorrison12
Username: Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Join me March 17th - 10:00 am (tuesday) to speak at the General session of City Council to demand their resignation. Detroit can no longer afford to be made a mockery of.

Please respond only if you plan on joining me!

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 506
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you "look like them"?

If not, GTFO.

Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha, I see no color

Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 88
Posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please post only if interesting in joining me - Then show up !

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4261
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who on the council are you going to demand resign, and on exactly what grounds? I hope you have things thought out.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 830
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who and why..
MonCon..Because she doesn't have a face that looks like mine.
BRC..because she's friggin' SENILE, and a shitty singer to boot.
Martha Reeves..because the only original thought she ever had was given to her by MonCon..

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 756
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes Zrx_doug, careful, don't wanna stoop to their level.

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 831
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not? Sometimes it's FUN to get down in the mud and rassle the pigs..

(My apologies to pigs everywhere. I certainly did not intend to infer that the Detroit City Council in any way resembles the noble swine.)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9082
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, you rock, Doug.

But it is wrassle...heh.

Masterblaster
Username: Masterblaster

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am interested, but we would have to come WELL-prepared, be articulate, non-insulting, and have much, much proof.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4553
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dcmorrison12,

In order for any Detroityes members to attend the city council meeting to petition their resignation, we're going to need some community power and regional help. Those city council members, that have their goon squads and power legal team on their side.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2802
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just want to muzzle Martha Reeves for complaining about Jay Leno's FREE concert being in Auburn Hills instead of 'Detroit'. What a dolt. Doesnt she realize how absolutely petty this looks?

Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 89
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plan out a short speech, with proof behind your basis and meet me at the meeting. This is more of a message than anything. I want them to see that Detroiters are fed up and that they will be held accountable. Of course I don't expect any of them to resign, but at least they'll know I'm fed up.

Join me!

Next Tuesday, March 17th at 10:00 am at the City Council General Meeting - Coleman A. Young Municipal Center

(Message edited by dcmorrison12 on March 11, 2009)

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I were a Detroit resident, I would join you in a "New York Minute", but alas, I'm not a resident of the City. Besides, I don't look like MonCon, but who knows, maybe I could wave my American Federation of Musicians card in front of Martha and she might give me a second thought, NAH! LOL.

Here's a proposed Theme song for the Council...Chain, Chain, Chain... Chain of Fools...

Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish the feds would come in a take care of those charges on MonCon (emphasis on Con), and this there would be one less fool.

Noodles
Username: Noodles

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Plan out a short speech, with proof behind your basis and meet me at the meeting.

You should post your short speech so we can see an example.

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

haha, I see no color

Stephen Colbert is going to ask Council to resign. Brilliant.

Zrx_doug

Post Number: 837
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In all honesty, I'd love to go..but I fear that rather than being seen as an "angry Detroit resident/taxpayer," I'd just add more fuel to the fire because I'd be seen as a white man first.
Like it or not, the reality is that a white guy calling for the ouster of council members would be playing right into their hands.

I'd probably help her get re-elected by trying to get her removed..
:-(

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 801
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody a bookie around here? How about taking bets as to how long it takes council members to call all who show up to protest, racists? (notice I said how long and not whether or not).

If you can get in there and stir it up a bit, more power to ya. Wish I could join in.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 689
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can we out-of-town, native Detroiters help? Is there someone we can e-mail?

Sec106
Username: Sec106

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be great Eastsidedame if we could get someone to listen to us born in Detroit folks also. I am almost ready to kick the tenants out of my Dad's house in Detroit so I can move back in just to vote against these bozos. What a flipping tragedy. And to complain Leno's show is not in Detroit is just petty and stupid.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 559
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee ... March 17?
Bring some green. They understand that.
They get color blind when the benjamins get spread around even if there is a little sludge on them.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2826
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone who gets into council chambers should wear a mask and gloves that way she can't say "you don't look like me". What a pathetic excuse for a human being Conyers is.

When she does try to push her authority and demean anyone just yell out "Shrek Cunt" and leave! Now that would be enjoyable to watch!

Cloud_wall
Username: Cloud_wall

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mask and gloves = "Don't tase me, bro!" (best case scenario)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4405
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The CC needs to hear about how they suck so much, but I think it preferable for you to have a well-argued berating of them. Simply demanding a resignation really marginalizes your viewpoint. They need to know that people are extremely disappointed with them, but if you marginalize yourself they will just chuckle and consider you part of a fringe opposition not to be taken seriously. If you want to make them feel bad, be well-reasoned and clear (unlike them).

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems this thread has been jacked into what folks think others might think about them.

The only ones who can make them resign are the voters or a judge.

If you are serious about ousting them what are you doing at the grassroot level to find and support good candidates to replace them? Icould see that question being asked of you.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 562
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One problem is what can you do if you don't live in city? I guess another problem is we still care.
Maybe it's like hearing about Chris Brown and his girlfriend. Nothing you can do but observe or just ignore it.

Charcoalgreysoul
Username: Charcoalgreysoul

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I 'look like them' and would be willing to join in. But like was mentioned above, a well stated argument about why we think they should go must be in place. We may end up with tv time and the whole metro area would hear our argument.

Regretfully I voted for MC years ago. Off of her name alone. I was "thinking", 'Hey, if she's married to John Conyers, maybe she'll have a similar political style.'

Obviously not a well thought out vote on my part.

(Message edited by CharcoalGreySoul on March 11, 2009)

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 832
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Stephen Colbert is going to ask Council to resign. Brilliant.

Stephen has street cred. He has at least one black friend.