Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » A New Favorite Place-The ReLocated Cafe Con Leche « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9111
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sitting at the corner of Vernor Highway and Clark, across from the Park...thankful that Jorgi was able to survive the poor timing of Matty Maroun's empire expansion that cut him off from the greater part of MexicanTown and the SW side in the then-newly constructed Welcome Center.

He's moved his fresh self and his fabulous espresso machine to the old Carnival Bar location on the NorthWest corner of this intersection...and if you value wonderful coffee drinks made by a genuine and true solid gentleman of compassion (working to improve his society) please come down and check his joint out.

You won't be disappointed.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, they are having a regular series of Internet Radio broadcasts of RadioUnidos...serving the Latino community's concerns for a better future.

Cheers and more, and special thanks to 'Dutch' Dave for turning me onto this fine gentleman's establishment in its original location.

Funaho
Username: Funaho

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you on your own net connection or is there wifi in there? I've been meaning to stop in for a while now (I live just two blocks down Scotten) but it seems like it's always closed when I get a free minute.

I'm glad a viable business is finally in that location. The Carnival Bar was an eyesore for years.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 932
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great addition to the neighorhood. Comfortable place. Clean. Fresh baked goods every day. All the usual coffee stuff. Newspapers. Internet. Basically everything a customer expects in a coffee shop. I think the lunch choices are expanding. Jordi is a cool guy, runs a great place and deserves your business.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9112
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scotten! It isn't on Clark...I drove up from the other direction instead of walking and realized my mistake this morning...

...once the espresso started its kick...

...and YES, he's got wifi.

We're working on the echoes and road noise.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1406
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll have to jaunt by. Good news!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2515
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,
Took your advice and stopped in there last night after the 2nd Span/Manny Moroun Hatefest down the street. Excellent in all respects.

Mentioned your name and got an extra shot for some reason. Apparantly you got some pull.

The building is in top notch shape, it has a comfortable atmosphere and a friendly staff. Thanx for the tip.

Penelopetheduck
Username: Penelopetheduck

Post Number: 42
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not only is the coffee good, and comparitively cheap, but the owner seems like a really nice guy.

Hubbardfarmer
Username: Hubbardfarmer

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jordi is wonderful. I'm really glad he reopened in a better location. I wish him great success. For his benefit and mine. :-)

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 381
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was just in today. They also have sandwiches from a local caterer. Excellent all around.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 378
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been in twice and have nothing but good things to say about it. I was able to study yet there was a nice little crowd. It's the perfect atmosphere for a coffee shop. And yes, Jordi makes the experience all the more enjoyable.

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 320
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in there today as well. Pleasant atmosphere and seemed to have a decent crowd for the duration of my visit. I'll be back for sure.

www.DetroitArmy.com

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Viva Southwest Detroit!

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Si, Viva SW Detroit! Viva Cafe con Leche!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.