Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » What are the best real estate WEBSITES for commercial and residential? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ocean2026
Username: Ocean2026

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the Detroit Metro.

I love looking at all the old buildings for sale - there are quite a few good residential sites- as for commercial??

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 418
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

realtor.com

Just type in the city or zip code, number of bedrooms and bathrooms

Cloud_wall
Username: Cloud_wall

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

trulia is a good compilation site, at least for residential, but they don't have every listing.

Ocean2026

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neither has ANY commercial - I was hoping for a Detroit company.

Detroit_uke
Username: Detroit_uke

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Ocean - UCCA (University Cultural Center Association) has both commercial and residential properties on their website. Go to detroitmidtown.com you'll see the link to Housing/commercial properties.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

moveinmichigan.com

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 447
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

loopnet.com

Ocean2026

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_Uke great site and look at this pretty but sad building on Alexandrine. The back looks in worse shape. The agent didn't put his/her name - maybe embarrassed like when someone has a gf/bf and they don't have any teeth left. This seems to have lost most of its windows etc

There were other nice buildings but I think too high priced for today's Detroit market.

I'll try Lodge's site next
pretty and pretty sad

Ocean2026

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Lodge - movein had lots of stuff too. Saw the Charlevox bldg listed for $133k but it also said they would divide it. I remember a thread on here pretty much saying the building was destroyed inside.

MBR loopnet is good but only if you pay. I was a paid member a few months back -plenty of listings. If you're a free or basic member you only get to see 105 of em

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cpix.net is a good site to get commercial listings for properties in Michigan.

Ocean2026

Post Number: 182
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Novine- I had found that Castle bldg on Parkway from that- sometimes have problems logging in -otherwise a good site.

Detroit_uke
Username: Detroit_uke

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, Ocean - here's another one. Have you talked to margaret Palmer???? Great person. real estate agent. Go to: margaretpalmer.com. Office# 832-2236. Cell: 570-4114. E-mail: margaret@renaissanceinv.com. She lives in Woodbridge and knows the area. She showed me my dream house!!!

Cloud_wall
Username: Cloud_wall

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O'Connor Realty in Corktown has some interesting, albeit modest, commercial listings.

www.oconnordetroit.com

Ocean2026

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks again all - O'connor specializes in Corktown so - not too many commercial as you said.

Palmer didn't have many listings but her last one - a penthouse loft -lease for $2k for a year- seems a good deal for someone who wants to check out the city but not sure where they might settle.

Doma
Username: Doma

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loopnet is my favorite, you have to pay to get all the listings but it is worth it if you're serious about commercial.

Roadmaster49
Username: Roadmaster49

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about my company's website

www.pasreo.com

Navigation is easy, type in Michigan - Detroit, sprice range, size then go

Ocean2026

Post Number: 199
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roadmaster yours is good but it doesn't have much commercial - unless I searched wrong there were no commercial buildings in Detroit available.

Doma I agree on Loopnet - its just expensive.

Maybe for the Detroit the best thing to do would be to look at vacant buildings and just make an offer to the owner. I don't see a whole lot of buyers out there and it probably won't get better soon. I do enjoy window shopping online- looking a big buildings and pretending I can afford them.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 286
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ocean, your idea is spot on. As a former agent in Detroit I can tell you that most buildings are for sale even if not on the market. It's better to just find out who owns the building and contact them directly. That information is (usually) public. The best deals happen before something goes to market. Chances are you'll find an owner who's desperate just to get rid of the property, and will sell it to you for a song. If you plan on doing improvements and turning a dead property into a live one, then I'd say the city needs more speculators like you.

Even if it's not you who's buying--if you have a ghost investor that's just as well. As long as properties transfer ownership from absentees to active owners it's a step in the right direction.

Don_jaguar
Username: Don_jaguar

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great information. I find craigslist.org to be useful as well. You seem to get a lot of last resort type postings on there.

Ocean2026

Post Number: 200
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don - Craigslist is good but one has to sift through all the junk - most on there don't know how to post a decent ad. NO pictures -addresses or decent descriptions and there are also scams - agents advertising themselves- properties in florida etc Even the category "casual encounters" is more honest .. and more entertaining too! LOL

gdup I suspected this all along. Many addresses in the treasurer's website don't seem to work and its nowhere near as informative as most places have.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 451
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is hard work to find information and sometimes it costs money. If you find an address you are looking for, spend the $2 on the web to get the tax info and send the owner a letter, or do a reverse phone lookup and call. If you are looking for someone to suggest some magic fairy free service with all the world's information then you can stop right now because it doesn't exist. Just do the work, and stop nitpicking every suggestion tossed your way.

Ocean2026

Post Number: 201
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MBR actually I understand that- I thought rather than just about ME -this would become a useful thread - resource - with critiques of the major websites.

Sure when and if I'm ready to buy- I will fly out there and spend time and money investigating way more than just a tax website.

Meanwhile - as Don-jaguar said "Great information"

Do you have a problem with that?

CBRE also has a nice search engine and its all commercial- the prices seem to be high but they list some great buildings Wright Kay ($1.6 million), LB King Bldg 1274Library St ($5 million), A large church auditorium on 14710 Kercheval for $350k- this seems to be a bad area though and Stroh' Ice Cream for $2 million +

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: