Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » New Business « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rdotproductions
Username: Rdotproductions

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thinking about opening a recording studio on Gratiot & 7 Mile.....possibly Photo Studio as well, IDEAS AND OPINIONS PLEASE

Rdotproductions

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im not from the area but am deeply familar with ghetto areas. I am jus looking for advice and stuff from people that kmow the area. Thanks

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3848
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well specifically what do you want to know about 7 Mile and Gratiot?

BTW, I do live in the area (near Osborn High School).

Dcmorrison12
Username: Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this is a great idea. I know there are kids (my age - college age) that want to get their ideas recorded. Detroit has a great underground scene - techno, punk, jazz, rap. If you run it right and spread the word, I think it should work

Rdotproductions

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the nearest studio in the area (Quality) is Harmonie Park and its 375$ for a 5 hour block MINIMUM. I'd offer GREAT quality for less than 50 an hour plus so much more than production Im partners with lots of Marketing directors and publishing agencies. I just basically wanna know if generally its a good idea or if its jus gonna get burned down or shot up like so many others in the area. I truly love what i do. I make music as well but LOVE bringing someone elses music to life...its my passion. But im not rich and would be literally sinkin my whole being into this studio. So im jus doin as much research as i can. I cant care what everybody says about F%$k Detroit n all that. The city CAN be rebuiltand be prosperous again if everyone trys. But realalisticly IT IS a bad area around 7 mile & Gratiot and im jus seein what the locals think....

Rooms222
Username: Rooms222

Post Number: 206
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know my friend, a life-long resident of the city and then resident of that area, moved to Warren about 5 years ago when there was a senseless killing of the proprietor of a cell phone store at Seven and Gratiot.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make sure you provide adequate security (alarm, doors, surveillance cameras, rooftop security, etc...). Once word gets out that you have expensive equipment, you will be targeted.

You can evaluate crime in the area with this:
http://www.spotcrime.com/mi/de troit

Good Luck! Welcome to Detroit and to DetroitYES!

Rdotproductions

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I plan on lockin it down better than Scarface's Mansion, and thanks for the welcome.

Dcmorrison12
Username: Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just don't put a bunch of bullet proof glass up... not necessary and deters people

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 852
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not too familiar with the area but go for it.

Rdotproductions

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i jus plan on putting HEAVY DUTY doors up and keeping ALL equipment in whole seperate area with prison type steel door and bars on that area. Re-enforcments on all doors and windows. Alarm system, cameras, and not at all trying to add to the problem but will be keeping some firepower for protection, since it will be my wife and I working there all the time. But tthis is what im lookin for please keep the posts coming. Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: