Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Finally!....Lights on by the Book Cadillac. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1697
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For several weeks now the street lights(new historic lights I might add) along Michigan Avenue in front of the Book Cadillac have been out. Finally, they are now on. I wonder why? Could it be because guests are coming for the Final Four? It was OK for the average Detroit citizen to go weeks without lights, but to have thousands of out of town guests feel unsafe due to streetlights being out is unimaginable.

Well, I just hope that they can get the lights on in front of the Holiday Inn on Washington Boulevard back on before the crowds pour in. That might be asking for too much because they haven't been out for several weeks, only three or four weeks.

BTW, has anyone noticed how dim the lights are in front of the Fox area along Woodward, eventhough they are the same double lights as those lights along Michigan Avenue in Corktown and lights along Woodward in Midtown.

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 584
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to know the Book Cadillac ones are actually working now, Royce! It only took what? 5 months during the shortest days of the year...

As for those lights on Woodward, has anyone else noticed many of the double lights along lower Woodward from Foxtown all the way to Jefferson aren't working right? Many are burned out, on during the day, missing glass globes, or have this sickly looking yellow color. Seems like they just redid these a year or two back...amazing how bad they look already.

313-224-0500 and 313-267-8159 are the numbers for Detroit Public Lighting should anyone want to call about a dim or burned out (or missing altogether) street light in Detroit.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 724
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, heh, heh! Call, but do not expect a quick resolution.
A close friend worked for DPL when workers got in trouble if a neighborhood street light was out for more than 48 hours after they were reported!

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 585
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove by the Book Cadillac around 8:30 this morning, and sure enough, all the lights were on our front of the building on Michigan.

Actually, many streets in the CBD had their streetlights on at that time... me thinks the DPL crews are stepping up their work in the downtown area to make sure most of the lights are working for the Final Four. If this is what it takes to make it happen.... well.

Hopefully they clean up the lower Woodward stretch of lights before the big games, too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.