Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » The Detroit Lions » The Detroit Lions - 1 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 2953
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you ready for some Thrillin'? or are you still screaming "Fire Millen!" ?

Its training camp time, any prognosticators ready for the Lions?

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 1059
Posted From: 24.231.189.137
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fire Millen.

Go Tigers.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 68.43.3.234
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions have the same problems year in and year out, new coach big deal, new quarterback big deal, same shit different year. They'll be lucky to go 8-8 this year, what the Lions really need is a new owner, one who gives a shit about the orginization. Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Lions do well this year, I just don't see it happening

Blessyouboys
Username: Blessyouboys

Post Number: 513
Posted From: 69.215.66.206
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if the Lions will actually have some difficulty in the early season drawing fans etc.--considering the Tigers could be playing in September, or later.

I hope so.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4666
Posted From: 141.217.174.229
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So far the Pistons, Shock, Red Wings, and the Tigers have achive 1st place glory. Now what about the cowardly "LIONS" Will they get their 1st place glory and make it to the NFC playoffs? Will just have to see. I better keep an eye out for Mike Millen. This could be his last chance to turn the team around.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 426
Posted From: 68.41.145.5
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My apathy towards the Lions has reached an all time high and I've been pretty apathetic toward the Lions for years. I basically have no interest in them a this point. When I see an article about the Lions in the newspaper I can't move my eyes quick enough to something else. Same with sports radio, if they talk about the Lions I turn it off. And this is coming from some who is, or at least was a big Lions fan. I haven't given up on them totally, I'm sure I'll at least keep an eye on them once the seasons starts, but I can't say I'm the slightest bit excited about this season.

The Tigers success has a lot to do with it for me, the Lions are more or less out of sight, out of mind. The Lions ineptness over the years and the Tigers have certainly put the Lions on the back burner if not shoved them off the stove all together.

Atl_runner
Username: Atl_runner

Post Number: 1944
Posted From: 198.151.12.10
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll come back in a month to discuss my outlook for the season. Right now, I'm more concerned about whether it's going to rain today or not.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 550
Posted From: 71.159.22.4
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Football seems to be a letdown as of late in MI. Not only do the Lions constantly disappoint, Michigan and Mich. State seem to have fallen off somewhat.

As for this seasson, I'm holding off opinions until they actually MAKE TRAINING CAMP!

Aslang
Username: Aslang

Post Number: 6
Posted From: 68.40.92.253
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How come nobody is making a big deal about Ernie Sims not being signed yet. Camp is about to start and with the new coaches, especially because they are supposed to be tough guys, I don't think a hold out is a good idea

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 126
Posted From: 66.184.3.44
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I figure with the Tigers playing until October (hopefully) I can skip the Lie Downs and then start following the Wings and Pistons. Of coarse I say that now but will probably end up wasting many Sunday afternoons watching them loose.

Detroitej72

Post Number: 127
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, anybody eating the "cornbread" that is coming from the Lion's camp this year?

Detroitej72

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, anybody eating the "cornbread" that is coming from the Lion's camp this year?

Genesyxx

Post Number: 553
Posted From: 71.159.22.4
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ernie Sims - #null - Linebacker - 5'11" - 232lbs
News: The Lions are reportedly not even close to signing their top three picks, LB Ernie Sims, S Daniel Bullocks, and RB Brian Calhoun.
Impact: "Negotiations have stalled," one of the rookies' agent is quoted as saying. "Not only are we not on the same page as the Lions, we are not even reading the same book!" Fred Matua is currently Detroit's only draft pick under contract. (Thu. Jul 27, 2006)

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 952
Posted From: 68.255.239.32
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ESPN is reporting that Jon Kitna will be named the starting QB for the Leo's....

Not very good 'cornbread' news!!!__ so we will keep the cornbread in frig' right now! :-)

Lions-fever-atcha!

super d(motordetroit)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 600
Posted From: 69.136.147.97
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well as a season ticket holder for the first time since the Ford field move. I am going to spend my Sundays walking from my woodbridge apt. down cass slamming a 40 and well. I'll go from there. It seems kind of hard cheering for the same losers as last year. I was at the game where fire millen originated. In all my years of going to Lions games I never expirienced anything like the crowd at that game. NOBODY was paying attention. all you could hear was conversation between people.

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 22
Posted From: 69.219.20.84
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been watching those sad sacks since the days of Milt Plumb and Carl Sweetan. It's painful to be a Lion's fan. My kids ask me why I put myself through that every Sunday during the season.

If you've seen these before I apologize. I enjoyed them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the super bowl?

A. The Detroit Lions

Q. What do the Detroit Lions and Billy Graham have in common?

A. They can both make 70,000 people stand up and yell, "Jesus Christ!"

Q. How do you keep a Detroit Lion out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. Where do you go in Detroit in case of a tornado?

A. To Ford Field - they never get a touchdown there.

What do you call a Detroit Lion with a Super Bowl ring?

A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Detroit Lions and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. What do the Lions and opossums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 1246
Posted From: 69.130.18.100
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

from Miami (ouch):

Camp notes | Day 10

QB WATCH
It's hard to tell who's the second-string quarterback and who's the third-stringer between Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon. Coach Nick Saban said Lemon has ``improved as much as any player I've seen from last year to now.''

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 3630
Posted From: 69.47.100.44
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles Rogers & Mike Williams both being #1 draft picks being slotted as third string is a horrible indictment of Millen drafting. Granted it's pre-season and this just might be a ploy to get them to play harder but at this stage do we need to be playing motivational counseling with these guys?? They're pros fighting for a job and should stop thinking they're primadonnas.

Lions pessimist here but then I was too with the Tigers at the beginning of the season.

Aslang
Username: Aslang

Post Number: 15
Posted From: 12.226.252.161
Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look at this:

http://trekkertime.com/index.p hp/News/TopTenPlacesToCatchAnN FLGame

The website list top places to catch an NFL game and makes no mention of Ford Field, the best stadium in the game. What a shame.

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 3191
Posted From: 129.137.191.210
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ford Field, the best stadium in the game"

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2056
Posted From: 129.9.163.233
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you look at the criteria they used you'd understand why Ford field was left off.

quote:

home-field advantage, game day experience, history and quality of the fans.

1. No home field advantage if your team always loses.

2. Game day experience sucks if your team always loses.

3. No history if your team always loses.

4. I would consider fans who boo the quaterback and ask for the GM to be fired considered fairly low quality.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3644
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone gonna watch their first pre-season game or is this just a wash and we're waiting to see REAL games that matter??

Super_d

Post Number: 963
Posted From: 70.88.106.173
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll watch the first quarter or so....usually the first drive and first defensive series is a 'true preview' of the regular season. The rest of the game is open 'auditions'.

But just the thrill that football is around the corner has me smell'n the cornbread:-)

super d(motordetroit)

Chitaku

Post Number: 633
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to the game, but after the first quarter it gets terribly boring. I am kind of excited though to see another new regime and how they work

Smogboy

Post Number: 3648
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the first series of downs and flipped back from the Tigers game every now & then. From what little I did see, they do seem a little more explosive compared to the Mooch era. Granted this is pre-season but even to have inclinations to go downfield was a nice thing to see from these guys.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 972
Posted From: 68.40.89.238
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The boys looked a little bit better than last year, but lets give it some time.

Did Mooch ever sign on anywhere for this season??

Smogboy

Post Number: 3649
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mooch is still living life large on what the Fords still owe him for this season.

There was a rumor going around that if John L. Smith falters up at MSU that Izzo would try to get Mooch in there as head of the MSU football program.

I still think Mariucci was a good guy- just not right for our us at this time (but then what coach has been?). Mooch always spoke very intelligently and never really said the wrong things, unlike Coach Marty who was always saying something that he could get hung out to dry on.

So far, Rod Marinelli seems to have done well for himself but like most Lions fans, color me an agnostic.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried watching the game against the Raiders but it was unwatchable. This game was suppose to closely mimic a regular season game. If that is the case get ready for more frustation. I saw nothing positive about this game and finally I turned it off. My advice get Direct TV to get the NFL package and find a new team to root for. San Diego is mine.

Chitaku

Post Number: 680
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmmmmmmm those season tickets aren't looking as exciting.

Super_d

Post Number: 986
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a playful idea for Matt Millen...

As far as I know some of the old Wayne Fontes Lions are still in town. I'm sure the Lions organization can come up with a contact number. Why don't we call these guys and fill some of the needed postions that I witness in the past pre-season game!

Receiver--Herman Moore and Brett Perriman
Running Back--Barry Sanders(heck I'll even take Ron Rivers)
QuarterBack--Eric Kramer
Defensive Back--Benny Blades
Defensive Line--Robert Porche
Coach--Wayne Fontes

Those names sound 'real good' right now!

This team might be the worst in all of the 'Matt Millen era'!

super d(motordetroit)

(Message edited by super_d on August 28, 2006)

Czar

Post Number: 3226
Posted From: 129.137.178.227
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's get those Lions predictions going. I say 4-12.

Kitna benched by game five. McCown benched by game 10 and Orlovsky finishes the season at #1.

Old man Ford extends Millen's contract for three more years at the end of the season.

Super_d

Post Number: 989
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with you 'Czar'....at the worst 4-12 and at the very best 7-9! (but I'll wait until the official won/lost thread starts.)

We just don't have the talent!

It's bad when you have Dan Orlovsky bidding for a starting/back-up postion!__nuff said!

It all leads directly to another 'FIRE MILLEN SEASON'!

super d(motordetroit)

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10536
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Czar. I'm gonna remain optimistic and go with 4-12 as well. Now that being said, I really liked McCown last night. He looked sharp. The defense on the other hand, well, they looked terrible. Calhoun looked pretty good as well, in addition so did our no-name recievers....way better than our big name draft picks.

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 697
Posted From: 198.208.251.21
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chitaku, what kind of seats do you have? I hope to see a good chunk of home games this year.

(I'm that guy who thinks this is the year it all turns around... ;))

Smogboy

Post Number: 3689
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles Rogers gets cut.

That's a sad sign about the Lions for drafting him and even a sadder sign for Charles Rogers, who was given opportunities to succeed here.

Czar

Post Number: 3231
Posted From: 72.49.172.67
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good riddance. If cannabis Charles ever gets his head on straight, he could be a good player. Too bad he's lazy and didn't care. Mike Williams is officially on notice.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3690
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to say this but for once we can't fault the Lions for not at least giving this guy a chance. He's had every opportunity to succeed and slacks off.

Czar

Post Number: 3232
Posted From: 72.49.172.67
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a really funny way to tell how bad the Lions management has been in the last couple of years. If you go to the Lions section of marketplacedetroit.com there are all these Lions jersey on clearance, Charles Rogers, Joey Harrington, Bill Schroeder, Az Hakim, all of Millen's boys, gone.

Of course they still want $35 for them. They should cut 'em up and put them in the stalls at Ford Field for toilet paper.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3691
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I used those jerseys to wipe my ass I'd be liable to get a rash or come up lame in the stall! No way!

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 161
Posted From: 24.247.222.121
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a pair of tickets available for an upcoming Lions game. If anyone is interested, please visit the classified ad section for more info.

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 18
Posted From: 69.218.157.185
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Firstandten,
Go Chargers! Do they still have the uniforms with the lightning bolts on 'em?

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1800
Posted From: 69.209.183.232
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles Rogers should be the poster boy for why you shouldn't smoke marijuana. When your children come to you and ask what's wrong with smoking marijuana, just show a picture of Charles Rogers.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3695
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny how no one has come to the defense of Charles Rogers either. Whether they blame it on his collarbone or his drug stupidity, I think it's known he was responsible for earning his time on this team. I think he's delusional if he still thinks he can make a big contract in the NFL anytime soon. Who would want that kind of baggage & lack of effort??

Smogboy

Post Number: 3724
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

6-9 to Seattle. Not much of a game on either team's part. Seattle looked relatively anemic for being a Super Bowl contender last year and our Lions looked about the same offensively. I wasn't impressed with the O, but did see some hope in the defense. I thought they were going to seriously miss Wilkinson but the defense seems tohave done okay.

Beyond that, it was a snoozer of a first game for me.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 793
Posted From: 68.96.231.230
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good summation, Smogboy. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smogboy

Post Number: 3726
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've literally seen pop warner games with more drama than the Seahawks/ Lions game. Both sides were anemic as can be.

Chitaku

Post Number: 735
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at the game, The Defense was awesome no questions asked....until the end, but considering they had no breaks thanks to the pathetic offense. McGowan was warming up during the game too. I saw a jersey with "Cornbread 94" on it, wondering if tht was someone on here?

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 1289
Posted From: 35.11.212.197
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah, darn it.

I was fortunate enough to have a suite next to the Ford family, and it was interesting to watch them watch the game... Bill Jr. hugged and kissed everyone after the 1st field goal put the Lions up, and was very animated throughout the game... Ford senior didnt have many reactions, but after the game ended he and his wife just sat there alone looking at the field for a good 5 minutes...anyway, it was pretty interesting

Smogboy

Post Number: 3730
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh, you mean Josh McCown there, Chitaku?? We still feeling the aftereffects of the Ford Field beers there??

As far as the Ford family goes. I sort of feel for them. It's not that they're cheap and won't spend the money. It's just that their decision making process has been pretty pathetic over the span of their ownership. I'm sure they want to win as much as any other owners in the league but they've seemingly surrounded themselves with mediocrity at best.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8778
Posted From: 70.53.97.7
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again Detroit found a way to lose. Great job Backus with your two penalties on two key plays. I'm suprised that Raiola didn't have a few himself, so I guess there is some progress.

Great job by Bryson who didn't know what fucking pattern to run and therefore an easy 3rd and 3 became a punt and well...we allvknow the typical Lions ending.

I do have to say I liked some of the plays Martz threw out there but I doubt he has the offensive players to do much.
Kevin Jones once again showed brilliance in an otherwise less than stellar offensive team.

Chitaku

Post Number: 752
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pathetic, that is the only work for the organization. My pops bought sleason tix so i'll be there, but I don't see how I can cheer. The team is a joke and t is nothing but disrespect from the Fords to Detroit to put this trash on our field

Swgz31

Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My family has season tickets to ever since Ford Field has opened, waste of money if you ask me. It's been 5 years now and no progress has been made, It is really hard to stay through most of the games. I really think the Lions only hope is that the Fords sell the team.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The bar is high.

Czar

Post Number: 3242
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions are in the sixth year of their three-year plan, patience please.

Goat

Post Number: 8800
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" I want a hard work ethic regardless of talent."

"Integrity and adversity will make better players."

"work hard"

...and the list goes on. The list is about as long as their losses. What a truly pathetic organization (if you can even it it that!).

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who are these people attending these games ? Are you all masochists ? I haven't been able to stay awake for a game in two years ! I would rather pay $60 bucks to attend a Friday or Saturday night H.S. game....lol...in Ohio !!

The Fords love you all. Keep the faith gang...we're only about 14 players away from contending.

**Lion free for 6 years**

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1515
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Called entertainment not life, get over it.

Also the NFL will never allow Ford to sell the team, Ford supports the NFL too much.

Supersport

Post Number: 10622
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember when Fontes said "We need to slow down the offense, we're scoring too fast." Ahhh yes, those were the good old days. :-(

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 712
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there Sunday in Section 109. Looking for people to hunt down in my binoculars: any takers? :-)

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2176
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're looking for people to hunt down, start with the ownership, continue on to the coaching staff and finish off with the players. Maybe we'll get a team that way.

I'll be in section 321. There are a number of former forumers spread thoughout the stadium.

Czar

Post Number: 3260
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the recent improvement of the Arizona Cardinals, the Lions are now inarguably the worst franchise in the NFL. The Rams and Bengals turned it around in the past five years after over a decade of futility. The Lions are on their third head coach in six years and have a string of top draft picks that they either failed to develop or misjudged from the beginning. Matt Millen still has his job and old man Ford is going to go to his grave without a clue.

Supersport

Post Number: 10662
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, at least we have tradition!

Chitaku

Post Number: 771
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2006 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there 10rows from the end zone on the south? side. Where the players come out. You'll know it's me when i'm gagging in disgust over the game

Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3015
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another dissapointing loss.......

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, three games into the new season, and the same old Loins...You read it first right here...2-14. Maybe old man Ford will croak...The region doesn't deserve this, but as long as 65,000 assholes will step up and buy tickets, old man Ford has no reason to change his stripes. He laughs all the way to the bank, and thinks, what a bunch of chumps buy tickets to the team. No wonder why the car company is so fucked up.

I can't claim this as original, I stole it from a good friend. I will call them the "Ford Field Fuck Ups" not Lions...

Bongman, congratulations on being "Loins Free" for over six years. I am still trying to rid myself of those losers. I am wondering where we can start a twelve step program...Loins anon...

Smogboy

Post Number: 3763
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes the idea that old man Ford doesn't want to win perplexes me. Sure, he gets a full stadium every week and fills his coffers just fine but doesn't he also realize that if he puts out a winning product, the sales of other things like merchandise, souvenirs, and other Lions stuff will only go to REALLY fill his wallet??

Chitaku

Post Number: 779
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old man Ford is a pure nut job. That is why big bro Henry the second ran the auto company. Good Buisness people on the most part are assholes. Seems like William Clay is a nice loyal guy.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

time for the paper bags again?

Smogboy

Post Number: 3765
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have we had a reason to take the paper bags off??

I'm really starting to feel for Marinelli. He seems as though he actually knows what the heck he wants. It's just that Millen's saddled him with inferior talent.

Goat

Post Number: 8821
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^Bingo^^

Of course, Marinelli's defence was non-existent. Does anyone see Martz as being head coach in a year or two?

Ray1936

Post Number: 824
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a day in 1970 that was key to the Lions' future. Up until that year, Detroit was always competetive in the NFL until the day they played New Orleans. They had the game in the bag, leading by a point, with one second left. New Orleans lined up and a guy with half a foot kicked a record 63-yard field goal to win the game.

From that moment on, it's been all downhill for the Lions. And I've always referred to it ever since as "The Curse of Tom Dempsey".

It's as real as Boston's "Curse of the Babe" or the Cubbies' "Curse of the Billy Goat".

Smogboy

Post Number: 3772
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Boston fought off the "Curse of the Bambino" so we can only hope that we can fight off the "Curse of the Millen"... I meant Tom Dempsey.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3774
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And now they cut their supposed Number Two receiver, Corey Bradford?? AND after they ponied up a ton of money to sign him too??

There's MUCH more to this than meets the eye here. Stay tuned as the soap opera continues at Ford Field.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3829
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On a good note, Jon Kitna has been playing pretty darn well. Tops in completions (98), second in attempts (150), and third in yards (1,081)-- behind guys like Donovan McNabb (1,248) and Peyton Manning (1,112).

That's actually somewhat impressive for a Lions QB.

And not seeing anyone calling for his scalp is a nice thing as well.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 800
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

F---in Lions strike again.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Same ol' Lions..."

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright!!! They kept their record intact. Can we go for all 16??

Tetsua

Post Number: 801
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They pretty much had everything going for them in this game, and still managed to blow it ... in the 4th. That's what I get for having hope.

Eastside
Username: Eastside

Post Number: 932
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some oldtimer called the 1270 postgame and said "...after all these years, I should have spent my money on 8 mile> LMAO

Bobj

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I long for the days of Wayne Fontes - I thought those days were bad, I had no idea there were Millen days to come.

Bobj

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevin Jones 10 carries for 8 yards - what a game!

Swgz31

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

10th year in a 5 year rebuilding plan...

Tetsua

Post Number: 813
Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The stupid Lions can't even get a perfect 0 and 16 season. They actually pulled out a win (though I didn't get to see it).

Smogboy

Post Number: 3891
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 3:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ho hum. Even in the midst of all of this Tiger hullabaloo, the Lions get their first victory and no one even really cares on this forum.

As much of a Detroit sportsfan as I am, I barely watched more than maybe 20 minutes. The offense looked okay but then against Buffalo, it couldn't have been that tough.

I still care but not as much as I used to. It's been brutally tough being loyal to this lot. And especially with the other sports picking up steam, I find it difficult to spend time watching the relatively inept Lions at times.

Chitaku

Post Number: 859
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about a Fire Ford campaign

what me worry?

Smogboy

Post Number: 3945
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you fire someone who owns the team??

Chitaku

Post Number: 863
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dunno i just wanted an excuse to put the picture up

Smogboy

Post Number: 3985
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whaddaya know? They actually looked okay against Atlanta. They seemed to contain Michael Vick relatively well and they even seemed to move the ball somewhat effectively on the ground AND in the air.

Is this the first time in a long time that we almost have some confidence in our QB? Has Kitna actually solidified the position as his and his alone?? >gasp!<

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 309
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kitna has looked good all year.

Today is the day they finally looked good as a TEAM.

Bring on the second half!

Smogboy

Post Number: 3987
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's actually nice to see so few people complaining about a Detroit QB for once. Kitna really does seem to be a fine QB. He looks confident, throws somewhat well, relatively accurate and isn't afraid to slug back if pushed.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3235
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I turned on 2 today to watch Michael Vick and Hotlanta but I couldn't catch all the details.

Question for all you sports nutz out there.

Who was that team Atlanta playing against? I have never seen them before.

Chitaku

Post Number: 908
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at the game it was great but i'm just not a kitna fan. He has great stats but i attribute that to the martz system. Watching him in person, his flaws are easy to see and he failed to deliver at key moments.

Supersport

Post Number: 10832
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I was at the game it was great but i'm just not a kitna fan. He has great stats but i attribute that to the martz system. Watching him in person, his flaws are easy to see and he failed to deliver at key moments.

Are you kidding me? There are only 4 QB's in the league who have passed for more yardage than Kitna. He is the sharpest QB this city has seen in a long time. As for the Lions, as somebody who hasn't missed a game since the start of the 2001 season, this was by far the best damn game I can remember. This was the most fun I've had at a game in many years. There really weren't any MAJOR let down moments, aside from some dumbass lineman still jumping off sides. These Lions played like a team for once. They didn't squeak out a win for once, they did it in a fashion I can't even recall when I saw last, they won because they actually deserved it.

Smogboy

Post Number: 3988
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you can find me a QB that doesn't have flaws, I'd say you were reading false stats. And considering how much pressure we put on the Lions' QBs, Kitna's about the brightest thing we've had under center in a LONG while. He's feisty & scrappy and I think that endears himself to this town.

I don't exactly see or hear of ANY Lions fans or otherwise calling for Martz or Marinelli to swap him out for the back-up. Simply put, there's no QB controversy in this town so quit trying to stir one up!

Eastside

Post Number: 945
Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's refreshing to read Supersport in support of a decent QB...Kitna has all the attributes lacking in that previous cupcake...leadership, toughness and the respect of his teammates.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1884
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess it's taking folks a while to recover from the loss to SanFran. How is it time after time the Lions can beat teams they shouldn't beat and lose to teams their supposed to win?

I gave up on the Lions along time ago, but even a non-believer like myself had Detroit winning this game. On paper it was a no-brainer: Forty Niners blown out repeatedly this season, their on the road, and the Lions are coming off an impressive victory over a good Falcons team. How could Detroit lose? Like they always do, the Lions didn't come prepared to play. They forgot that the game is played on the field and not on paper.

Chitaku

Post Number: 921
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KITNA SUCKED TODAY!!!! NO ONE LEADS THIS TEAM, THEY ALL ARE A SAD EXCUSE KITNA SUCKED TODAY! HERES A STAT ON KITNA-2-7. HE IS A CAREER BACKUP FOR A REASON! PUKE GAG CAN'T WAIT UNTILL THE "CUPCAKE" KICKS OUR ASS ON TURKEY DAY! BACKWARDS DOWN THE FIELD, A TEAM THAT ALWAYS HAS TO YIELD, AND WHEN THE BLUE AND SILVER WAVE STAND AND CHOKE AND GAG BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Chitaku

Post Number: 922
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also love how if you make any commotion Millen's goona come to escort you out. Some guys were chugging beers doing nothing wrong and the goons intervened. Fuck ford fuck Millen I feel bad for Marinelli you cant coach when your team is a bunch of losers

Chitaku

Post Number: 923
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also love how if you make any commotion Millen's goons come to escort you out. Some guys were chugging beers doing nothing wrong and the goons intervened. Fuck ford fuck Millen I feel bad for Marinelli you cant coach when your team is a bunch of losers

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

based on your post, chitaku, it sounds like you may have chugged a few too many beers.

Chitaku

Post Number: 924
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no i should of though, would of made the game alot easier to endure

Smogboy

Post Number: 3990
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No one's saying Kitna's the second coming of Bobby Layne here Chitaku. Sober up dude!

You have to admit, he's been about the best QB here since Scott Mitchell and that's not exactly singing the praises too highly is it??

Goat

Post Number: 8967
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marinelli is saying he (and the other coaches) didn't teach them enough which is why they lost.
How long do you go on teaching someone (or the entire team) the BASICS of the game when you are supposed to be at the professional level?

This is just the same old tired excuse(s) (note the Morningwheg (sp?) stutter that Marinelli now has...every Lions coach has had) year in and year out. Maybe now big-mouth Williams will keep his trap shut.

Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3083
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good bye Millen, hello Jimmy Johnson?

Chitaku

Post Number: 926
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think jimmy is to smart to come here

_sj_

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually the Rumor is Tom Heckert from the Eagles to replace Millen.

The team is fine, they finally have a coaching staff place that is making players better and teaching them schemes to improve while throwing out all the trash Millen has accumulated.

BTW, teaching takes places at all levels of football, the best teams are the ones with the best teachers such as Indy, Pitt (Even though they are having a bad year), NE.

And they are not teaching BASICS at all.

quote:

How could Detroit lose?

Very easy, San Fran took away Roy Williams and Furrey with blanket coverage forcing Kitna to look elsewhere, since Kitna is no Farve he held the ball too long and took too many sacks and made too many bad throws as he was not comfortable with his best targets being covered so tightly. Combine that with poor run defense due to Shaun Rogers not being the in middle and the continued piss poor play from the linebackers it very easy to see why this team loses. And also very easy to see why all the games they are losing are very close.

Goat

Post Number: 8972
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sj, according to Marinelli that is what the organization has been focusing on all year...The basics. So either Marinelli is talking out of his ass or the media has over-dubbed his conferences.

_sj_

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What you consider the basic and they consider the basic are two different things. The basics of football, run, block, pass, catch, etc. Their basics, placement of hands, pad level, etc.

Chitaku

Post Number: 927
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you get paid millions of dollars you damn well should know the basics!

Smogboy

Post Number: 3993
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm also wondering if Rod Marinelli also got out coached this previous weekend as well. San Francisco just seemed to have a better game plan with their players than we did with out pathetic Lions. There really wasn't any rhythm to our game until we suddenly started airing the ball out in the fourth- by that time, we were too far downthe hole to come back almost. The 49er defense seemed more like the Steelers of old rushing our line and their offense just picked us apart. Rod should've adjusted quicker the defenses to help stop the run earlier against Gore.

Amazing how we make mediocre teams looks like superstars.

Chitaku

Post Number: 936
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We resigned Corey Bradford, our season is saved!

_sj_

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

you get paid millions of dollars you damn well should know the basics!

This is the exact reason why so many people do not understand upper level sports.

Uhh, Rod does not coach the Defense or the Offense, that is what Donnie Henderson and Mike Martz does.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4015
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh... a loss to Arizona? I know watching Lions games is akin to watching paint dry but this time it was a butt ugly shade of paint too.

Eastside

Post Number: 972
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It just feels like a new low...if that is possible.

Lilpup

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, I think it's possible cuz that's exactly how it feels

it's amazing that they can consistently lose so many games by so few points

Chitaku

Post Number: 941
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it isn't amazing they are losers! I'll be there thursday with my dolphins coat on, go Joey!

Bobj

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Being a Lions fan is down right painful

Smogboy

Post Number: 4016
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure but we just might have to have to become a secret closeted society of Lions fans. Lord knows admitting being to being Lions fan is like admitting to craving a roast beef sandwich at a PETA meeting. It's almost shameful to be a Lions fan today.

To think I used to guffaw at not being a Cardinals fan, but today I wish I was.

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 129
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Same ol' Lions

Same ol' Lions

Smogboy

Post Number: 4017
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't agree often with Drew Sharp but his column hit the nail on the head today. Millen REALLY REALLY needs to go. Not only has he turned a franchise that was mediocre at best into the absolute laughing stock of the league, but if he truly holds true to that Millen high bar, he should just plain quit.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4019
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike O'Hara said it best...
"When you lose to the worst, you are the worst."

Smogboy

Post Number: 4020
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back up QB Josh McCown ahead of first round MILLEN pick, Mike Williams on the depth chart for wide receiver.

How much more embarassing can it get for this team?

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 577
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a number of folks here have predicted, Joey Harrington came back to Ford Field and handed us a can of revenge whoop-ass on Thanksgiving Day 2006.

Ray1936

Post Number: 938
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One sad-ass ball team. Somebody tell 'em the game lasts 60 minutes, not just ten.

Chitaku

Post Number: 945
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joey 3 td passes. Far surpasses any qb on our sorry team! Like I've said dince day one to many detractors KITNA sucks!

Smogboy

Post Number: 4028
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Giving up eight sacks and not having a running attack can hardly be Kitna's fault. You could've put Joe Montana or Christ back there and he couldn't have salvaged this team's performance. It was so obvious trying to defend the Lions today- cover the receivers and slowly work your way to the QB; there was never any fear of a run coming from that anemic offense.

Justbeamensch
Username: Justbeamensch

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lion's fans sure showed the country a lot of class by booing Joey today. What a bunch of fatheads. Thank you Joey for giving us a lesson in character, something that was sadly lacking today.

Chitaku

Post Number: 946
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fans were terrible but even worse was the organization who announced him with the defense and played the piano man song. I cheered him and got really pissed after the numerous shots of joey on the big screen. What a joke, between that and the security shakedowns at the gate i am disgusted

Justbeamensch
Username: Justbeamensch

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to mention the crap we had to watch on the field. Another broken down used car from the Fords, and the sheep line up at the gate to get fleeced. $8 beer, anyone?

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Fords surely took their well-deserved lumps whenever the TV cameras showed the stadium emptying rapidly throughout the second half. [That's just another reason why their vehicles don't sell--they're not as good as the rest to choose from.] By the end of the third quarter, the stadium's attendance looked like it was an hour or two before game-time. Nobody seemed to want to stay except the Joey backers.

I'm happy the Harrington took all that BS in stride--the obviously planned distractions meant to unnerve him--from the asshole PA announcer and the sports jerks at the Freep to a few of the Lions themselves. And Bly's missed tackles or otherwise inept playing was another delight I experience yesterday.

Some of those "Joey girls" who wanted to "marry" him were quite good-looking, to boot. All in all, a good day was had to this Packer fan.

(Message edited by LivernoisYard on November 24, 2006)

Knocturnal

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone think that the Lions season thread will generate one tenth of the amount of posts that the Tigers season did? I think that they will lose that battle too, man they suck.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4029
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is definitely not a "feel good" sort of thread the way the Tigers thread was. If anything it just might be able to give us further frustrated fans a place to vent.

And while the Tigers thread was by no means a total rah-rah thread, it gave those of us who are Tiger fans a place to chit chat, analyze, debate and root for them on a daily basis. On this Lions thread- or any Lions thread for that matter, the team hasn't given us enough material to talk about. There are so many lapses from management all the way down to the players to kvetch about. Sure we could do that, but it's almost obvious by now that the Lions stink... and stink horribly.

Knocturnal

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good call on that, smog...we've just contributed 3 posts and they still won't make it :-)

Smogboy

Post Number: 4031
Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And I can actually watch and enjoy television this Sunday without tossing my hands up into the air at the Lions.

Granted I'd much rather be tossing my hands up in the air CHEERING the Lions but until they do something worthy of cheering, we'll just kick back and flounder for a bit.

Bobj

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next year will be the 50th anniversary since the Lions were last in a championship game. In honor of that, I think the Lions need to have some sort of celebration of 50 years of rebuilding.

Genesyxx

Post Number: 624
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seriously, for any other Detroit team, when the team's bad, people stop showing. Why is that so difficult for Lions fans?!

Rusty
Username: Rusty

Post Number: 429
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When things are bad, just think about the good ole days when the Lions went 3-0 in the Playoff Bowl. Ah yes.

Eastside

Post Number: 984
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A pretty good analysis.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/sto ries/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/ 116493360399650.xml&coll=1

Smogboy

Post Number: 4053
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't watch the New England/ Detroit game today. I thought it was going to be a complete disaster and a complete utter embarassment. I did listen to a few stretches on the radio and it sounded as though they actually competed and the score actually sounded pretty close.

But in the end, the Lions lost again. Whether it's by 1 point or a billion points, chalk up another L in the column.

Chitaku

Post Number: 966
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Are you kidding me? There are only 4 QB's in the league who have passed for more yardage than Kitna. He is the sharpest QB this city has seen in a long time

I guess i was right KITNA SUCKS!

Smogboy

Post Number: 4058
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before attributing all of that blame to Kitna, I'd toss a huge blame patch to that feeble line that he has in front of him.

Chitaku

Post Number: 967
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

while you are right, that Jeff Garcialike pass to nobody at the end sealed the deal on Kitna

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When trying to figure out the lions you should remember than all of the bad play you see on the field are not the root cause. The bad QB play, bad O-line play, bad defensive play are due to a fundemental lack of enough talent to be competitive. One of the reasons I truly believe that Marinelli is giving Kitna so much rope is that he knows the O-line cannot consistantly protect him and to put McCown in would set him up for failure and would probably finish him as any kind of decent backup pro QB. I believe Marinelli knows he has a lack of talent in key positions and even in the positions where there is decent talent there is no depth.

Of course the buck stops with Millen his failure to shake up the front office starting with the scouting department, his lack of investigating his choices for head coaching positions, and him not talking to the people about this sad situation.

If the choice of Joey Harrington was truly his and not the Fords why would you draft a QB in the first round who's a stay in the pocket passer and not get the pieces to protect him. Joey was doomed to fail as soon as he got here. So is Kitna but Kitna is on the down side of his career and at some point McCown could be a servicable QB , so unless Kitna got hurt I would hold McCown out as well, at least untill the o-line can be upgraded significantly

Ray1936

Post Number: 970
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny....after the Lions give another one away, no one even bothers to post any more.

Now if we could just get the season ticket-buyers to do that......

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 413
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boycott the Lions, for their own good!

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 218
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saw my first Lions game at Ford Field today. The best play was when the Dunkin Donuts coffee tackled the donut.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4089
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least SOMEBODY made a tackle out there at Ford Field today.

Just remember that Matt Millen still has FOUR (yes, FOUR) more years on his contract.

Kilgore_south
Username: Kilgore_south

Post Number: 209
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having just gotten a new HD TV, I decided to watch the entire game today just because I could. That's 3 hours of my life I want back.

Also, I've officially quit giving Marinelli a chance.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4091
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilgore_south, so you got to watch misery in high definition? You have my deepest sympathies! Granted I hope you'll use that HD TV for better viewing of other things but I feel for you and the three hours of Lions ineptitude.

My jury is still out on Marinelli though. Sure that fourth down call was insane considering that the Vikings line was all over us today and they decided to run?? It didn't make sense whatsoever and if someone shoud be hauled out to the woodshed for that call, it's Rod Marinelli. He has made some rookie coaching mistakes and sure he needs to be called to task on those.

But over all, I think he's a good guy given an impossible task. Millen gave him this feeble array of talent and for anyone to expect him to do anything with it immediately is a tall order.

I think what SHOULD have happened was for the Fords to have broomed out the entire regime at the end of the Mooch era- which includes that bumbling, media avoiding, total failure of a GM, Matt Millen. Clean house! Now even if they do ditch Millen, whoever they hire in will have to inherit Marinelli. Bad bad timing all the way around.

It's not that the Fords aren't willing to spend the money to build a better football team, it's just that they spend it in all of the wrong areas. Matt Millen being the worst of all of the Ford purchases in the last billion years. Cut our losses now by shovelling him back to Pennsylvania I say.

Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3107
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here comes Jimmy Johnson as GM, wont be long now...

Smogboy

Post Number: 4106
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimmy Johnson? I know he's got a pedigree but in order for him to skip out of his cushy job in the broadcast booth, we're going to have to throw a mountain of money at him. I do know of one moustached person I'd love to shove BACK in the broadcast booth though. At least there, he'd talk to the media.

ALL of the other pro sports teams in town have a person who is accountable. Whether it's Kenny Holland speaking on behalf of the Wings, Joe Dumars for the Pistons or Dave Dombrowski for the Tigers- Matt Millen has been a total coward in facing the music. His accountability for this debacle has been an absolute shame.

Goat

Post Number: 9036
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy, but doesn't Millen preach about being accountable? Doesn't he preach that there is no room in football for cowards?

Millen is a useless turd you couldn't manage a little league squad.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4118
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Goat, if I had a son or daughter who was playing Little League and I found out Matt Millen was about to coach or manage the team, I'd yank them out of that program and encourage them to play soccer.

At least on a few continents, they still call it "football".

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 578
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy, that was a good one. :-) Millen has no business managing anything whatsoever.

Detroiters really need to speak to the Lions organization through their checkbooks. Let the stadium go empty and Mr. Ford may start listening to us, the fans, instead of the useless advisors. All former players have gone elsewhere and shine - Harrington with the Dolphins, Garcia with the Eagles, and last Sunday(12/10/06) even Pinner with the Vikings. Other lowly teams of years past have turned themselves around, including the Arizona Cardinals. This joke of an NFL franchise needs to stop causing us anymore embarrassment.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4171
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Season's done with mercifully so.

Wouldn't you know it? They finally win and lose out on the overall top pick and will let Oakland pick first.

I'm sure with many of you out there, the season was gone many a moon ago and no one (this thread was dead for weeks on end) even wanted to discuss our pitiful Lions.

Besides the obvious "Fire Millen" chants, rants and truths to that... anyone else care to discuss the NFL's second worst franchise? (In actuality, I still think they're the worst just because Al Davis and the Raiders have at least seen what it's like to play in a Super Bowl.) The good? The bad? The hope?

Lilpup

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lots of hope - look at the scores - they were close in many games this season - that alone is an improvement

Knocturnal

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as long as they still have the opportunity to select joe thomas they will be fine.

_sj_

Post Number: 1656
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shined? Harrington was benched and replaced by the third string QB.

Sometimes I can not tell who is more delusional the Lion Fan or the U of M Football fan.

Goat

Post Number: 9119
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No hope. A loss is a loss regardless of how "close" it was. And those close games were squandered by an inept QB who can't hold his wad.
Who cares how many yards he threw for he still over 30 turnovers and that is sad.

What is worse is that they are going to stick with a less than average QB who is not in his prime for next year. Then you have to add that Millen is still going to be around...might as well throw your money in a fire if you are going to watch the Lions.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4191
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, if there was any hope for fans to hang something on, it WAS the fact that some of the games were close. Can you imagine the outcry if we lost every game by massive blowouts??

As far as the Lions holding on to Kitna, I can ALMOST see some of the logic involved by keeping him in place. The Lions really don't have anyone in the wings waiting; there's no one to groom to take his place (yes, more ineptness on their part). Keeping a veteran like Kitna there to man the store and accept the heat makes a little more sense than throwing in a revolving group of perennial back-ups into the role. And I'm not so sure how much of the blame you can actually heave on Kitna, although he does deserve some of the blame, considering what his offensive line looked like. There were offensive! Did the we ever have the same five guys from one game to another?

If we were to ever really have any hope for this team it will have to start from within the trenches. The offensive & defensive front guys need to be solid for ANYthing to happen. Until then, all of these skilled positions will hurt and not produce effectively.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 810
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone think we mine as well take a stab at getting david carr, rumors are he won't be around in houston much longer. Couldnt hurt anything we already have a crap team.

Goat

Post Number: 9121
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good post Smogboy. I agree with you on all fronts. But whether they were massive blowouts or not the fans are stilled pissed off. But we keep going don't we? Are we masochists or what?

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 195
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Anyone think we mine as well take a stab at getting david carr, rumors are he won't be around in houston much longer. Couldnt hurt anything we already have a crap team.

So, umm... given that Carr and Kitna had about the same QB rating, each with a crap team, what would be the point?

Chitaku

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

people call us idiots for not going to the games but the fact of the matter is most of us are big fans of the NFL and our NFL team happens to be the Lions. I always thought it was great that the Packers were owned by the city.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 96
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets start the bets here folks. Who gets taken by the Lions in the first round? My vote goes to Adrian Peterson.

Lilpup

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd rather see them take a lineman. They've already proven that drafting glory positions doesn't win games.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In that case, I assume you mean Thomas from Wisconsin? Best lineman available according to scouting.

Chitaku

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyone see the owner of the Dolphins ask the fans for input on a coaching hire?

Smogboy

Post Number: 4195
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wayne Huizenga asked the press corps for input (good and bad) during his post-Saban press conference. It wasn't a blanket statement to their fan base to contribute but I'm sure they wouldn't turn a deaf ear to good suggestions either.

Above and beyond the fact that he requested input, the most impressive thing about his organization and Huizenga's speech is that they still seem to have a plan in place to move the team forward.

In comparison, I don't think any of us would fault Matt Millen and the Lions' franchise if they could explain to us a plan for the team's rebirth. What's their vision beyond just a general statement of making the team competitive? If we were going ahead with the West Coast offense- then let's do it. If we're going to bulk up the defensive & offensive lines- then let's do it. Instead, I don't really see any definitive direction or plan for the Lions to be competitive. For the last few years, it's been like a awkward stir fry where we toss in some left overs, some prime cuts and hope that it turns out good.

The most frustrating thing for most of us is that we don't know if Millen has the knowledge or a vision for this franchise. Or if he does, he hasn't expressed it to anyone. Blanket statements of "we'll improve" can be said of any team.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 486
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Eagles just advanced, without McNabb, with no T.O., and QB'ed by Jeff Garcia, who wasn't good enough for the Lions. And people grumble about the Lions having "screwed themselves out of getting the #1 pick" by winning their final game. So what? The Lions, courtesy of their atrocious amount of losses, have been picking high in the draft FOREVER, and nothing has changed. Also... I remember that, during the Tiger season, the Tiger Talk thread on this forum was like a bag of microwave popcorn one minute into the cook cycle. The Lions, however, attract very little comment. Yes: We are that smart, and they are that bad.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4216
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not 110% sure that the Garcia wasn't good enough for the Lions but I think when Marinelli was brought in, the West Coast Offense (or as some are more apt to call it the "Wet Toast Offense") that Garcia was famous for playing went out the door. Seeing as how Garcia was that sort of QB, he just didn't suit Marinelli's direction. It wasn't a matter of good enough, just not the right fit.

But again, I'd like to see the Lions have some sort of plan/ direction (short and long term) and start finding the players that fit those roles. The biggest criticism I have of Millen is that he has lacked a vision for this team and the will to implement it. He's wavered constantly as to what sort of football he wants played in Detroit. For that indecisiveness alone I thought he should be gone- and not just solely on the record or his own personal gaffes as an executive of the team.

Lilpup

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of starters ended up on the IR list and I found it interesting watching some of these guys who got a chance to play. Maybe it was because of the injuries but it felt like there was an intentional shift in attitude toward the type of player getting game time. I think Marinelli understands what the problems have been here and has made a good start in getting things straightened out. Hopefully he'll get the personnel needed to solidify team instead of the name pretty boys who are little more than marketing tools.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4218
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have more faith in Marinelli than I do in MIllen for some reason.

Maybe it's because he hasn't been here as long and he still has a grace period. I have questioned some of his play calling during the season but that could also be said of any rookie head coach. I think also on another humanistic level, Marinelli hasn't really embarrassed himself or the organization the way Millen has. I'm sure we all recall the Johnnie Morton name calling incident, the questioning of a player's manhood, and other various bouts of stupidtiy ABOVE and beyond some of Millen's draft & coaching selections.

For some of those breeches in professionalism and common etiquette, I would've fired Millen a long time ago. He supposedly heads up and represents this team and if I was a free agent thinking about coming here, I'd question whether I'd want Millen to be my boss. Beyond the lack of vision on the draft, Millen's conduct has probably hurt the team and made a few prospective players shy away from this supposedly re-building organization.

I'm hoping that maybe Marinelli can turn some of it around and possibly repair the damage inflicted by Millen's mismanagement.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeff Garcia was not 100% last year. His bad ankle prevented him from scrambling and from stepping into his passes properly. He doesn't have enough talent to succeed without those capabilities.

My biggest problem with the Lions is they again tried to sell their fans a bill of goods. This team was rebuilding from scratch. We started with nothing, yet the Lions insisted they had the talent to be competitive this year. The offensive line sucked long before the injuries started. Their depth at every position is lacking....yet they still insist on using injuries as an excuse.

Millen's draft record dooms this team for years to come. The Lions never seem to develop a core of veterans that have 5-6-7 or more years of experience. Tough to do when you blow the amount of draft picks Millen has over the years. We are shy a total of 10-15 starters total on each side of the ball. For that reason, the Lions would be crazy to draft a quarterback at this point. We have too many holes to allow any rookie quarterback to succeed. Ernie Sims was a very solid pick. Imagine if we had drafted three more players like him instead of Harrington, Rogers, and M. Williams ?

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 204
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was looking at some draft comparisons recently, because I was puzzling over how difficult it is to draft QB talent (e.g., Carr and Harrington in 2002 vs. Brady in Round 6 in 2000, Romo undrafted in 2003). I'm inclined to give Millen a pass on selecting Harrington, given what was knowable then.

In 2003, when the Lions took Rogers with the #2 pick, there were surprisingly few skill-position players taken in the first round (and that was the Lions' drafting goal that year--to give Harrington weapons). The Texans took Andre Johnson with the #3, and that was the obvious better choice. After that, Larry Johnson would have been a big help </understatement>, and even Willis McGahee (who was a risky 1st round pick, given recent knee surgery) has had a better career thus far than 2004-pick Kevin Jones.

In 2005, the choice of a 3rd WR (Mike Williams) over Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman (taken with the next two picks) is the most cringe-worthy of the past several years.

More disturbing in Millen's draft record, though, is the lack of depth, more so than the success or failure of the (many!) first-rounders. And that's where the deficit of 10-15 players comes from.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4232
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a part of me that thinks Millen chose those particular draft picks (Harrington, Rogers, Mike Williams) because they were sexier picks than a lineman or a linebacker.

The Lions SHOULD have had an idea, a plan, a vision (to which I think Millen lacks and should've been fired for) to which they should've started selecting players toward. Harrington never fit into the West Coast offense and the three consecutive picks at wide receiver were a shock to the rest of the NFL as well (only Roy Williams has panned out). Getting an Ernie Sims was by no means glamorous pick but he comes to play every Sunday.

Building a team through the draft is by no means easy. Millen has squandered more than his fair share and I think that's where his ego & hubris has caused him to make the "Big Splash" only to have it blow up in our faces. Even if he had some insight, said he had a plan and told us to be patient, we as fans (as long as we saw improvement and hope) would be more than willing to buy into it. Instead we've seen the Lions take a few steps one direction (West Coast offense) and now we've suddenly changed course to this Mike Martz system. Again, lack of direction or conviction... whatever you want to call it, Millen has failed in that regard.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.