Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » Music - What are you listening to? » Archive through September 28, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5432
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joy Division. It might be too early for Joy Division. It's making me want to go back to bed.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4645
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It's making me want to go back to bed.

As long as it doesn't make you suicidal...

Pam

Post Number: 4646
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Francoise Hardy.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5434
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

REM iTunes playlist.

Have any iTunes users tried the "Genius" function yet?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3734
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leon Russell and the Shelter People.

OR, yes, I just used it today. Pretty cool huh?

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5435
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always liked the uncanny way iTunes could put a random shuffle together, but this Genius thing is pretty groovy.

Currently The Shins.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3736
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moved on to The Pretenders.
Love me some Chrissie

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3207
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bourgeois Tagg: "I Dont Mind"

Theres a blasterpaster for ya.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Simone - "On Simone"
Nneka - "No Longer At Ease"
Amana Melome - "Indigo Red"
Danielia Cotton - "Rare Child"

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3216
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey - heres a little tip for you iTunes folks out there. Grab your little library card and hit your local branch - bloody gold mine of CDs at most. I guess depends on your city what theyll have, I have three branches of the Grosse Pointe Library system to chose from. Ive been through two, and next week Ill start hitting the third.

In two weeks Ive quadrupled the size of my original collection, which was too large to begin with.

bwahahaha !

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Return To Forever - Where Have I Known You Before
Return To Forever - Romantic Warrior
Larry Coryell - Bolero

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5440
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big Star - Thirteen

Children by the million wait for Alex Chilton He hits down. They say I'm in love. What's that song? I'm in love what's that song.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 987
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Standells

And here they are on The Munsters tv show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0-015FRQzMA

Pam

Post Number: 4680
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And here they are on The Munsters tv show

Wow, that was some amazingly off key singing.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 558
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sibelius, violin concerto, Sophie Mutter, violin. This concerto will hook and addict you.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5448
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've got the Wasmopolitan channel of My Damn Channel on - Common Sense is playing.

He's releasing videos of the Concert of Colors Wasmopolitan weekly. Mitch Ryder singing What Becomes of the Brokenhearted is this week's offering. Great stuff.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5449
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Teddy Thompson - Separate Ways

I like it so much I'm going to play another TT CD.

Does anybody on here use iTunes? What do you think of the Genius function?

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 195
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Betty Carter, Droppin' Things.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 213
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonight - Bob Seger's Greatest Hits and 'Like Minded' with Burton, Corea, Metheny, Haynes and Holland.

(Message edited by 1KielsonDrive on September 24, 2008)

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5460
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a Little Feat tribute album out, I heard some of it yesterday so now I'm on a big Little Feat jag.

You yelled hey when your car wouldn't start
So you got real nervous and started to eat your heart out
Now you're so fat your shoes don't fit on your feat
You got trouble
And it's tailor made
Well mama lay your head down in the shade

'Cause your eyes are tired, and your feat are too
And you wish the world was as tired as you, whoa
Well I'll write a letter, and I'll send it away
And put all the trouble in int you had today

Oh your telephone ring and you went "oh ho"
You forgot about this, and you forgot about that
'Cause you got to get back to what you doing
Goodbye, click that, so and so
You're an island and on your own

You yelled hey when the stove blew up
Upset? why yes
And the footprints on your ceiling, they're almost gone
And you're wondering why?
Well mama lay your head down, don't you cry

Poor Lowell George.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8737
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watched "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" again last night. Can't get those driving Motown beats out of my head this morning.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 215
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 2:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today - Tavares Greatest Hits. 'It only takes a minute girl, to fall in love...., to fall in love ....' Please remember......what I told you to forget.

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 222
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of youngsters I work with played some Jason Timberlake. I was surprised to hear cuts that almost sounded 'Motown' like. They had a very R&B flavor. Good sound.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forecast: Tomorrow by Weather Report

1kielsondrive

Post Number: 232
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kind of Blue. It fires me up and chills me out. First thing in the morning or last thing at night.

(Message edited by 1KielsonDrive on September 27, 2008)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8876
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.auralgasms.com/

Pam

Post Number: 4698
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eldorado- Suitcase.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/eldorado2

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5472
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Pam, have you heard of the Sunday afternoon Americana shows at Callahan's in Auburn Hills? A great way to spend a weekend afternoon.

http://www.atcallahans.com/
(scroll down to Carrick House at Callahans). The next one is Sara Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irions.

Listneing to Okkervil River, iTunes list. I love this band.

Pam

Post Number: 4699
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

have you heard of the Sunday afternoon Americana shows at Callahan's in Auburn Hills?

No. Auburn Hills is pretty far out of my way.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right now--"The Other One", Grateful Dead--Dick's Picks #23. More jazzy than psychedelic, but almost as good as the Kind of Blue album. :-)