Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » One Conservative's viewpolnt:: Why Rush is Wrong « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7870
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

On the one side, the president of the United States: soft-spoken and conciliatory, never angry, always invoking the recession and its victims. This president invokes the language of "responsibility," and in his own life seems to epitomize that ideal: He is physically honed and disciplined, his worst vice an occasional cigarette. He is at the same time an apparently devoted husband and father. Unsurprisingly, women voters trust and admire him.

And for the leader of the Republicans? A man who is aggressive and bombastic, cutting and sarcastic, who dismisses the concerned citizens in network news focus groups as "losers." With his private plane and his cigars, his history of drug dependency and his personal bulk, not to mention his tangled marital history, Rush is a walking stereotype of self-indulgence—exactly the image that Barack Obama most wants to affix to our philosophy and our party. And we're cooperating! Those images of crowds of CPACers cheering Rush's every rancorous word—we'll be seeing them rebroadcast for a long time.

Rush knows what he is doing. The worse conservatives do, the more important Rush becomes as leader of the ardent remnant. The better conservatives succeed, the more we become a broad national governing coalition, the more Rush will be sidelined.

Article:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/188 279/page/1

I, at one time, listened to him daily for the laughs. I thought everyone else did too.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4163
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"George Bush embarks on lucrative international speaking tour"

quote:

George W Bush will embark next month on an international speaking tour aimed at making him hundreds of thousands of dollars and reshaping his battered image abroad.

The former president plans to make about ten speeches over the next year — the first of what he hopes will be many more — at various venues in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.

Mr Bush promised at his final news conference that he would keep busy as soon as he left office. He is also working on a book about his eight tumultuous years in the White House and his presidential institute. Its central theme will be liberty.

I wondered when the Terminator would walk out of the smoking ruins.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4166
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushism-foolme.htm

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Presidential candidate George W. Bush, Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/bushism_fish_coexist.mp3

"I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." —President George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/bushism_decider.mp3

(Message edited by Bigb23 on March 12, 2009)

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3446
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite, when he was at the Chancellor Merkels home in Germany. A rather heavyset female. "Thanks for having me, I'm looking forward to that pig tonight"

Or to the Pope after the Pope had just addressed all in attendance: "Awesome speech Pope"

He will be remembered as the bumble-mouthed President that destroyed our economy. Hoover can finally be forgotten.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3052
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems Bush's speaking tour will not be stopping at the Hague, and is bypassing Randstad completely...

heh.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes, the cornerstone of the conservative party's philosophy "Personal responsbility". A way to screw other people and be guilt free about it. "if only the people whom lost thier outsourced jobs had kept thier skills up to date...." "If only the people who lost thier homes to forclosure read the contracts....." There are no at fault banks or employers in the Republican world. I think Rush is a perfect voice for thier Party. Let those true selfish colors shine!

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4593
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26 315908/vp=29645772&#29645772

so if many within the party realize the pit falls of the party ...maybe those who are extremes will be marginalized. Guess the nice thing is that somein the grand old party are not in the denial...and see that the last eight years almost destroyed the party from an intellectual perspective.

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 19370
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Self indulgence is bad? Or the business of journalists? APparently, the communists at Newsweek think so.

Jams

Post Number: 7873
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the resume of a marxist?

http://www.davidfrum.com/about frum.htm

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19377
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crossed over to the dark side, he has.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4596
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just wish he would have taken Perle with him...

Jams

Post Number: 7877
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Getting lonely, Cc?

Will any conservative live up to your standard?

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8673
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as i said in another post...
anyone intelligent enough to have an original independent thought is by definition NOT a "true conservative"

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think people like Rush, Mark Levin & CC are either lying or they really are ignorant of the ideas that they claim to believe in.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19392
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark Levin is the closest living true conservative that I have heard of. Objectivists also approach the ideal state in most instances.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.