Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » New RNC Chairperson - Michael Steele » Archive through March 04, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 695
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Newly elected Republican National Committee Chairman Michael S. Steele plans an “off the hook” public relations offensive to attract younger voters, especially blacks and Hispanics, by applying the party's principles to “urban-suburban hip-hop settings."

"The RNC's first black chairman will “surprise everyone” when updating the party's image using the Internet and advertisements on radio, on television and in print, he told The Washington Times" Quote

THE NOTORIOUS G.O.P.

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 18929
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frosting...the cake is much better and more important.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"THE NOTORIOUS G.O.P."

The skit on the way to a MADtv or Saturday Night Live episode near you.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 18956
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think he rates high enough for those venues...yet.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steele is certainly telegraphing everything.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 803
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the whole, Steele hasn't much to offer to african americans. His motives appear self centered and strictly for himself and his party. I wonder if, when he looks in the mirror, he wishes for Aladdin's lamp?

Larryinflorida
Username: Larryinflorida

Post Number: 3453
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9jTM4ZOa69U

Peace-Out.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was funny when Steele and others were measuring up each other based on how many Facebook friends each had. Appearance and no substance.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 18961
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he is part of a new and reformed more conservative Republican party, then he could be what Obama should have been.

Firstandten

Post Number: 700
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its really funny to see the Republican party searching for their "Obama". The quicker Steele realizes change comes from the bottom up not from the top down thats when the party will find their "Obama"

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1243
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Correct Firstandten.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1270
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Michael Steele really Grover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1C8nl8eBoq0

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19029
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Changes in politics may come from the bottom up. However, positive changes related to prosperity and the economy go in the opposite direction.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hip Hop Republicans
http://hiphoprepublican.blogsp ot.com

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19071
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trivial frosting...let's see if the cake is any good.

Classicyesfan
Username: Classicyesfan

Post Number: 577
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"However, positive changes related to prosperity and the economy go in the opposite direction."

There you go again.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 639
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steven Colbert challenged Michael Steele to a freestyle rap battle....and Steele accepted.

O.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19083
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steele has a sense of humor...cool, more icing. Just make sure the cake is high quality.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rush ripped Steele a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_2W8E--i158

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^I just heard a talking head with a pilonidal cyst on its forehead?

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2009 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry

Firstandten

Post Number: 740
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Mr. Steele (Notorious G.O.P.) just lost any cred he might have gotten by punking out when Rush told him what time it was.

Rush might as well come out and told him "look you wannabe gansta you don't run nothin, the repubs need some window dressin and you're it. I'm the baller and the shot caller for the party.
So keep your mouth shut, talk that hip-hop jive, and make it seem like we got some diversity in this party. Out!"

Steele might as well resign, he showed himself as the token he is bowing to Rush like he did.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8603
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the more the repubs allow rush to dictate to them, the further into irrelevance they will slide. I love it

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 813
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steele, had his chance to really step up and he wilted. Rash, Your are da man and I'm so happy to watch the party slip deeper and deeper into oblivion, with you in charge.. The repubs will have to change policy, or they will not be in power for many years to come. Limbo, Palin, Joe the Dumber, Steele, Jindal, Romney. Bring it on.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19159
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see how much you "love it" in 2, and 4 years Rb.

How much can you/we withstand? Soviet style bread lines and soup kitchens?

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 758
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Paranoia will destroy ya..."

R. Davies, noted social commentator

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8611
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bats, you really do live in your own little dream world don't you?

in 2 years we will be coming out of this republican/conservative/market -fundamentalist mess a much stronger people.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 646
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bats,

How many times are you going to post saying, in effect, "everyone's going to agree with me soon, just you wait and see"? Do you have an original thought in your head? I imagine that you do, but you sure don't let any of them see the light of day.

O.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Steele does next is now what is most important (for himself, and for us the observers).

More importantly, Rush is doing exactly what many conservatives need him to be doing.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19170
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The irony is Otter, that I am personally unhappy with the direction we are heading right now and wish it weren't so.