Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » "Born Again American" Video « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3456
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that's what we need more of.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2828
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it makes those people better then what is the harm? If it brings joy to their lives then great for them.
I hardly think the post needed a sarcastic retort.

(Message edited by GOAT on March 14, 2009)

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1874
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

America, Fuck Yeah

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3457
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sarcastic retort? By whom? I meant that in all seriousness. This country is due for a renaissance to patriotism. Long over due. Our country and IT's interests need to be put first always. Love it or get the f*ck out.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3458
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I added that.

Benfield
Username: Benfield

Post Number: 140
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If there is a lesson from the eight years of George W. Bush and Barbara-Rose Collin's rendition of Onward Christian Soldiers, it is that we need political rhetoric with less evangelical Christian overtones. When you are born again as an American, are you dunked in a river. Can Lee Greenwood heal your goiter with a slap on the forehead? Naturally, one who preaches to born again Americans drives a Cadillac, right?

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3459
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: " I'm usually creeped out by ostentatious displays of religious fervor or patriotism"

Then this country's founders and everyone who has supported their doctrine ever since must be an undesirable to you.

Quote: "(last refuge of a scoundrel)"

Please explain. Someone loving their country is akin to being a "scoundrel"?

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 222
Posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see nothing wrong with this.

I realize George W. Bush was not that good of a President, but I can understand people wanting to vote in someone with similar ideals.

I didn't vote for Bush (just turned 19 last year), and my Pastor didn't tell us who to vote for. Some Pastors tell you who to vote for, and I don't like that.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1875
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Love it or get the f*ck out.

And what if I don't? What the fuck are you going to do about it?

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 19423
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All miss the mark. It is not religion or country that is sacred, but liberty of the individual.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3461
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "What the fuck are you going to do about it?"

Laugh at the ignorance of people that have garnered so much and then turn around and spit on it.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

And what if I don't? What the fuck are you going to do about it?

Nice one!

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3462
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're 12 also it is.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1876
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, you're not going to do anything. Right sstashmoo? Just like the other things you like to bitch about but do nothing about the problem. Like foreigners, and foreigners who don't speak English, and foreigners that demand bilingual signs, and foreigners that go to school here. Whether it is an actual problem or just one that is only in your head, the end result is the same in that you won't be doing anything about it.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3463
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "So, you're not going to do anything. Right sstashmoo?"

I'll continue to do what I've always done, and that is make contributions and support principles that enrich our way of life.

As opposed to those that take and never give anything back. Consume and scoff at the idea of producing. Reap the rewards and piss on the hand that provided them. Display the epitome of selfishness by breaking our laws for their own personal gain.

Other than that, ever read any history books?

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1877
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'll continue to do what I've always done

Translation: Nothing

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3464
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So original. Tired of stealing my retorts?

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5975
Posted on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you say patriotic, what exactly do you mean? Please describe "patriotic behavior"

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1878
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sitting around, eating lots of Cheetos, and bitching about foreigners. How much more patriotic do you want?

When he says, "make contributions" he doesn't mean monetary contributions or contributions of time. And when he says, "support principles", he means that he thinks about how much he hates foreigners. He certainly doesn't mean that he actually does anything like teach an ESL course or even make a donation to causes that support his beliefs. He does a lot of thinking and a lot of talking and not much else.

(I just found out that you can't type the name of the hate group founded by Don Black here.)

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19442
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arrgh...both sides just don't get it. If a person believes in liberty and Individual self worth as sacred, nothing else matters. Not race, not religion, not gender, nothing.

Libs wax on about "peace". Here is the root of it, yet they refuse to put forth the effort to understand it. similar story to many self described conservatives who are conservative only because of some of the erroneous attributes of some of its' members also claiming to be conservatives...like racial, national, and religious prejudice.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8682
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

odd, bats is actually correct for once

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3466
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or I could be like Cheddar and piss and moan about every post people make. Twist every entry into something negative and figure out a way to insult someone personally within forum guidelines. No thanks, I'm secure enough with myself, I don't need to browbeat people or have people like Sstashmoo make a fool of me over and over.

ORF, Patriotism is loving your country and looking out for it's best interests. Like you demonstrating against the atrocities of our government.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9625
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is half this thread missing?

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3467
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My posts make it appear that way. :-)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 6096
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JL, it would appear that someone got removed, wouldn't it?

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 194
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, someone removed themselves.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19480
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rb? You agree that liberals, being collectivists and anti individual, reject the root of peace that is to be found in objectivism?

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If a person believes in liberty and Individual self worth as sacred, nothing else matters. Not race, not religion, not gender, nothing.

Said person can easily embrace that "nothing else matters" sentiment when convenient for them. When some or all of those factors (race, religion, gender) serve to their favor, why should this person bother to care about anything else?

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7903
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to Batsonia! It's a unilateral world, but...

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 8703
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bats - i never agreed to that. I agreed to the one post you have made this year where you don't simply sling mindless and erroneous labels at everything

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19482
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those factors never serve a purpose...except in lib land.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or in Batsonia.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4618
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Individualism is good and helping their neighbor is better...

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19635
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing is better than individualism. It so happens that more charity and good deeds come from free individuals than any other source. The reasons are manifold...in a nutshell, what is good for an individual is often good for many others...ie a successful business employs...blank, a wealthy individual invests and spends their wealth to the benefit of...blank, etc.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.