Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » Wartz is back er... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Joe the Plumber is hitting the campaign trail again! He’s been pressed into service to do a series of events throughout Pennsylvania rallying opposition to the Employee Free Choice Act, the organizer of the events confirms."

"Mr. Plumber will speak at rallies against the measure in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia on March 30th and 31st, according to a spokesperson for the anti-EFCA group Americans for Prosperity."

"The public loves Joe the Plumber" the spokesperson, Mary Ellen Burke, claimed to me. "They see him as a role model"

"Asked whether Joe the Plumber had any particular knowledge or expertise about EFCA that might explain the decision to enlist him, Burke said that he was being enlisted to provide a "grassroots perspective" and "the working perspective" on the measure.

"Pressed on whether Joe the Plumber has any particular claim to being a spokesperson on the issue, Burke replied that "he represents the American worker."

"Burke couldn’t immediately say whether Joe the Plumber was being paid for his appearances"

Joe The Plumber Enlisted To Campaign Against Employee Free Choice Act

I'm sure that this wart-like conservative fraud will draw thousands upon thousands of rapt listeners in the traditional union enclaves of Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia.

I don't see how Sam is a role model to anyone other than a scam artist or impersonator.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3523
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "he represents the American worker."

Does he even have a job? He's a part time plumbers helper. No license, no qualifications. He's too lazy to even file a tax return. He represents the "American worker" to the people who have no idea what an "American Worker" is.

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 19662
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perception seems to be the key word for Joe.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3159
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I accept the fact that some weak-minded Americans found this rubbish to be briefly amusing during the campaign, but enough of the Joe the Plumber bullshit, I say.

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 4641
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I think he *does* represent the American worker. Ol' Joe hasn't worked in months, either.

I'm kinda curious to know who's raising his kid while he's flying all over the country.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19684
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed Ravine, time is up for Joe's fame.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joe the Chubbie:

Me So Horny

So Hammy apparently ain't getting any from the PUMAs, MILFs, or conservative cougars since parlaying his 15 minutes of fame into 15 different alter-egos?

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3537
Posted on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just like in "Being there" when everyone figured out he was really just a mentally ill gardener.

All those prudish frumps there, funny stuff. I'll bet a few jaws flew open.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19709
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not mentally ill...just an average guy thrust into the spotlight and wanting to hang on when he shouldn't.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7987
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

...just an average guy thrust into the spotlight and wanting to hang on when he shouldn't.

Hmmmm, reminds me I need to clean a few pots and get a new electric kettle on my next trip to Windsor.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19722
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Implying that I am seeking, or have been, in the public spotlight?

Jams

Post Number: 7988
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would I imply that?

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19731
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No idea...you don't think this anonymous local forum is what would be considered the public spotlight...do you?

Jams

Post Number: 7989
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But I know a synonym for the word "donkey"

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19736
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just learned that one, did you Jams?

Jams

Post Number: 7990
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope!

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1873
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

just an average guy thrust into the spotlight

As if, Sammy Joe, who just happens to be the grandson of Charles Keating, was a plant by the McCain campaign, and knew exactly what he was getting into beforehand.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3543
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"" just happens to be the grandson of Charles Keating""

He is?

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19744
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting theory (that Joe was a plant). Anything to support that?

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19745
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget that it wasn't what Joe said/asked that mattered, but Obama's answers that were revealing. Plant, or not, Obama let his true colors slip out at that opportune moment.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3544
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't find any credible source backing up Joe the Grandson of Keating. Looks like a rumor circulating through blogs.

Ccbatson

Post Number: 19752
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No surprise, and likely a moot point anyway.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.