Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » ::: DEEEEE-troit BASSS-ketball! ::: » Pistons General Discussion « Previous Next »
Pistons Posts - 1Detroiternthemist100 02-28-06  12:06 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 1199
Posted From: 208.44.117.10
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arroyo is growing on me.

Damn that guy moves quickly.

I am even slowly getting used to the no-look, one handed, behind the back, cross-court bounce passes.

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 88
Posted From: 147.240.236.8
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am concerned with Darko and Delfino. I really don't think they should play anymore, we have a good 8-man rotation with Arroyo, Evans and McDyess to go along with the starters. New Jersey only looked good in the second quarter when the Pistons went deep into the bench with a good sized lead.

I always wanted Darko to have that "coming out" game, but I am starting not to care.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 411
Posted From: 64.252.152.190
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't understand how come Maxiell isn't used more, the few times I've seen him play he seemed to be a solid player. However, Darko has seen the floor way more than him this season.

Ohudson

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I would rather see Maxiell, or even Dale Davis than Darko. When I watch Darko play I feel like he lacks effort. He has all the skill you would want, but little to no effort. That's why he isn't a good mix on this team, the base of this team is effort.

He gets exploited on the court because the opposing team knows that they have a much easier time going at Darko than anyone else. Even if it is Marc Jackson in the post instead of Vince Carter on Mo Evans.

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 52
Posted From: 63.225.101.138
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am really liking the way they are playing. Possibly this year Rip and Billips could get voted to the all star game? I think after 10 or so games this year, people are starting to remember who the Detroit Pistons are.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 1994
Posted From: 66.167.59.189
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy, I hope none of the Pistons make the All Star team. It will make them all that much more determined, united by the common spurn that every starter should make the all star team and none did.

Darko: I see progress. He clearly has learned one facet of the game, shot blocking. His passing was always good. His main problem is timing, getting in sync with the game. He seems always just that split second away from getting a rebound, having his tip fall in, setting the best picks, seeing his pass will get picked off. The only way to get over that is to play quality minutes. At the risk of losing games this should be done. The starters are so good they can dig out of almost any holes created, like they did last night.

Arroyo: Biggest benefactor of LB's parting. LB forced him to play a game that did not fit his talents and we saw the results. Freed up he is playing confidently and the results are fabulous. At stat posted last night showed that he is second best in the NBA in assists vs. turnovers ratio. [No. 1? Chauncey of course!] .

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9491
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Smogboy, I hope none of the Pistons make the All Star team.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same damn thing during last night's game when they said Billups and Arroyo were #1 and #2 in the assist/turnover ratio. This is a team, no one player sticks out above the rest. Now even if one of them does go making the All Star game, I don't think it would change a thing, but I'd rather see them all standing on level ground together. Use that All Star break as a means of rest.

Aside from that, Arroyo has flurished beyond what I even expected, and I KNEW he was good. Hamilton is really shining too, when did he learn to nail the 3 pointer? Flip is gradually learning what all he has in his arsenal. I expect that Delphino will start seeing more playing time soon as well, as he is another definate weapon. As cominating this team has been thus far, I think they are just getting warmed up. When they all get Flip Saunders offense down, they'll be unstoppable. A sweep of the Spurs in the finals is quite possible as far as I'm concerned.

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 360
Posted From: 69.246.96.126
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would it be to much to ask fo' 'Dark-no' to have a career game against his former coach? If Darko can't get up fo' this game__ there is no hope!

super d(motordetroit)

Damon
Username: Damon

Post Number: 623
Posted From: 63.114.53.1
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday's game will be interesting to say the least. Larry B comes back. Will he be booed or ballyhooed?

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 1979
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SO Super D, If we were to play the Finals this weekend...who would be in it and who would be win?

Also...

If there is a Pistons/Spurs rematch in the Finals what do you think the outcome would be?

Ohudson

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Spurs are quietly only a 1/2 game behind the Pistons @ 11-3. I cannot see anyone else beating the Spurs or the Pistons so that Finals rematch is going to happen. Whoever has the home court advantage will win! Right now, edge Pistons with the 1/2 game lead.

Now the diehard Pistons fan in me agrees with Supersport, "Sweep SA, Sweep SA!!"

Super_d

Post Number: 361
Posted From: 69.246.96.126
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What up 'Detroit_stylin', Spurs bench is really deep.... besides 3-time MVP Tim Duncan is a match-up nightmare. Team chemistry is equal to the Pistons. It's hard to say, but it would be one heck-of-a-final. I like the Spurs in 7. If the Pistons can get a key shooter off the bench by the trade line (via) Darko or Delfino...say a guy like Spree....The Pistons would be my choice with ezzz!

super d(motordetroit)

Blessyouboys
Username: Blessyouboys

Post Number: 154
Posted From: 69.209.169.52
Posted on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Boo or Not to Boo? (the triumphant return of L.B)

Tonight's the night. Do you think we should boo this old man who sold out Joe and Mr. D? Or give this old man some respect for getting us a championship?

I expect boos, although I don't really think he deserves it.

Plus, in this article, L.B has some positive things to say about the grand old city of Detroit after the columnist asks some bitch questions:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c om/2005/writers/dave_hollander /11/30/larry.brown/index.html

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 345
Posted From: 209.69.165.10
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We've gotten a pretty light schedule for the start of this season. Hope the boys don't get too relaxed and rested.

Ohudson

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, this Pistons thread is dying. The same ol' Pistons, kicking ass and laughing at their opponents isn't getting much discussion. Only the old coach coming to town temporarily revived it.

The exact opposite of the Lions thread, I gave up on venting over the Lions(I have been over it for 5 days now). Fuck em'! I'm cutting the rope that's been dragging me along on the Lions bandwagon for the last 26 years.

Join me peeps, we can discuss how great it is to be a winner! :-) Without you, I would have to start chimming in on "real" issues!

Tetsua

Post Number: 419
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's still way too early in the season to consider it a winning season, for the Pistons. Basketball season really starts about February, or March when the playoffs are close. With that in mind ... It is great being a winner :-).

Super_d

Post Number: 391
Posted From: 69.246.114.51
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although the Pistons are 13-2__ I have a few concerns to point out:

-Falling behind early by double digits.

-Lack of steady effective bench play(particularly on defense)

-The need for more scoring at the low post(Sheed)

-Turnovers

I'll put it this way__ San Antonio is the Pistons plus Tim Duncan.

Just ma' thoughts.

super d(motordetroit)

Ohudson

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All valid beefs, I agree on most of them. The turnovers are no problem, they lead the league in fewest turnovers. The reserves are starting to get frustrated with the inconsistent minutes as well.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20051206/SPO RTS03/512060369/1051

It's difficult to play well when you don't know you are going to play. One night in, next four games out. No consistency in the rotation could prevent the Pistons from winning it all.

I wouldn't say the Spurs were that far ahead. Tim Duncan isn't even the biggest factor in the Spurs-Pistons matchup, it's Tony Parker. Nobody on the Pistons can stay in front of him (or Ginobili for that matter) and he always seems to break the defense down.

Blessyouboys

Post Number: 164
Posted From: 69.209.171.201
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my biggest concern is rebounding, we seem to be outrebounded every night. However we do seem to win everynight too, so no beef.

Super_d

Post Number: 393
Posted From: 69.246.114.51
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim Duncan isn't the biggest factor??? Why do you think Parker and Ginobili can get thru the lanes so easily!__ and for that matter, Duncan's presents demands double teams___ so it's easy for Parker and Ginobili to kick it out to the three point shooters like(Robert Horry). The Spurs are one of the most difficult teams to defend because of Tim Duncan__ The guy is not a 3 time league MVP fo' nutt'in!

super d(motordetroit)

Tetsua

Post Number: 420
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From what I'm been seeing, they've only been exerting as much energy as they need to win games so far. Since it's so early in the season I don't see anyone being overly aggressive on rebounding, or on defense. You'll have to wait probably until February to see what they're really capable of. This is how they've mostly been able to stay free of major injuries for the last few seasons.

What I really don't like about this season is the inconsistant pt for Maxiell, and Delfino. I think they're both competant bench players that are being set up to take a fall, but then again we'll see what happens later in the season.

Blessyouboys

Post Number: 165
Posted From: 69.209.171.201
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Tetsua, in the few minutes Maxiell has seen this season he's really impressed me. I don't see why Flip even bothers playing Darko sometimes, Maxiell I think is much more equipped to fill in.

Ohudson

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you watch the Pistons against Gilbert Arenas, Super_d? The Pistons suck at stopping penetration period! I didn't see anyone of Tim Duncans caliber on the Wizards, so how do we explain that?

And how about Dallas, their guards had a lay up drill on the Pistons. I have noticed this for the last few years, not just recently. Chauncey Billups is not All-Defensive 2nd team, no way! Individually, he's average at best. Help defense is what makes the Piston D so great.

The Pistons usually play Tim Duncan one on one most of the time, same as Shaq. TD is important, but in the series b/w the Pistons and Spurs, it was Parker and Ginobili's penetration(which called for rotations by Wallace X2) that freed up Duncan not the other way around. Ben and Sheed had him on lock!

Ohudson

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suck may be too strong a word, I will just say the perimeter(guards) defense is the weakest part of the defense.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK Friday...

9 December...

Pistons vs Warriors...

Any forecasts.....?

Supersport

Post Number: 9539
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With all the rest the Pistons have had? I mean come on, their last game was like saturday wasn't it? I'm guessing we will see a major smack down by the Pistons.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 24.176.50.206
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

careful. jrich and bdub proving they are the real deal. i expect pistons to win but warriors are playing well, despite their opponents records

Ohudson

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Pistons will come out rusty for the 1st quarter. Both because of the long layoff and the fact the Pistons have started slow in a lot of games this season. But midway thru the 2nd quarter and thru the third quarter, a major smackdown by the Pistons will take place! And the the 4th quarter, the Pistons will finally show that they can put a team away.

Final score, DET 97 - GS 82

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 256
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The road warriors keep marching on, 9-1 on the road after yesterdays win over GS.

It was nice to see the Pistons go to Rasheed in the post in the 4th quarter last night. I just wish that would happen every game.

They've got a tough game on Sunday against the Clippers, but then 4 very winnable games next week with the Jazz (away), Kings (home), Bulls (home), and the Bobcats (away).

Go Pistons.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 473
Posted From: 198.109.44.2
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let,s not take the Bobcats lightly now!!!

Bucho
Username: Bucho

Post Number: 332
Posted From: 71.37.36.155
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the bench, 9 points from the bench, not good

Blessyouboys

Post Number: 181
Posted From: 69.209.145.80
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Appears as if Indiana is imploding because bitch Ronnie wants a trade. Maybe he just wants more attention? Nonetheless, still good for the 'Stones...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/ news/story?id=2255420

Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 64
Posted From: 63.227.11.235
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guarantee you Artest will not end up in Detroit.

Blessyouboys

Post Number: 182
Posted From: 69.209.145.80
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya think? It will Just be nice to have a weak Indiana in the Eastern Conference...

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2237
Posted From: 70.236.175.5
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who saw the Spurs vs. Hawks game? I just want to laugh out of my pants!

Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 63.227.45.69
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another win on the road, they are now 10-1 away from the Palace.

Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 69
Posted From: 63.227.45.69
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pistons had 4 turnovers and 24 assists against the Clippers. Something a little troubling though, Ben Wallace was 7 for 22 from the free throw line. Ouch!!!

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2238
Posted From: 69.212.46.54
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 5:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Clippers incorporated "Hack-a-Shaq!" on Ben Wallace. Too bad the Clippers still lost.

Genesyxx

Post Number: 354
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Start voting for the All-Star Game! Rip/Chauncy needs to get a nod.

Rjk

Post Number: 257
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the worst coaching move of the year by Dunlevy. Not only does it fire up the Pistons, but it tells his own team that they can't compete with the Pistons and have to resort to a gimmick to try to get a win. Down by 8 with just under 5 minutes was not an impossible mountain to climb.

Next victim: Utah tonight.

Go Pistons.

Genesyxx

Post Number: 366
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is anybody voting in Michigan? These guys should be higher up!
<br>
from Detroit Free Press

"Center Ben Wallace had 336,518 votes, second to Miami's Shaquille O'Neal among Eastern Conference centers. Rasheed Wallace (186,911 votes) and Tayshaun Prince (99,082) were third and eighth, respectively, for forwards. Among guards, Chauncey Billups (125,494) was fifth and Rip Hamilton (97,264) eighth."

Supersport

Post Number: 9595
Posted From: 64.118.137.228
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally don't want ANY of them on the All Star team. They don't need that claim to fame and could use the rest period.

Rusty
Username: Rusty

Post Number: 367
Posted From: 71.194.127.158
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, Ben's energy goggles had me rolling.....

Rusty
Username: Rusty

Post Number: 368
Posted From: 71.194.127.158
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fear the......goggles?

I love Chauncy's "blank man" analogy.blankman

Rosedaleken
Username: Rosedaleken

Post Number: 121
Posted From: 68.43.125.146
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell of a game tonight. 2OT though?!

Damon

Post Number: 627
Posted From: 172.140.150.29
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

INCREDIBLE game last night! MR BIG SHOT! If Chauncey is not an allstar this season, I am boycotting!

Bucho
Username: Bucho

Post Number: 334
Posted From: 130.76.32.15
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lord help our bench, can they go 7 games with SA with that bench?

1honey
Username: 1honey

Post Number: 43
Posted From: 208.39.170.90
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Chauncey is not an allstar this season, I am boycotting! You better know it!!!

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man when I caught the game @ the 2nd quarter they were up by at least 15. There several times even when Memphis caught up where they should have won that game WITHOUT it going into over time.

*Needless to say the spinchter factor was in full effect during the double OT*

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 528
Posted From: 68.41.109.36
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mephis is a strong defensive team. However, the Pistons should have had this game before the Forth quater began.

They do not really have a great bench. Delfino is a good player, just does not have time to devolop before the playoffs. Hopefully come playoff time, more gelling and more time will help the bench.

On a concerned note... What is up with Ben Wallace? He is a step behind on the boards and definetly not the defensive presence he used to be. I think that players are now knowing how to play against him. He needs to change his defensive pressure.

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2249
Posted From: 70.225.112.1
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike, I heard that Ben Wallace has been in a lot of pain in the arms/shoulders recently...

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was pain in his feet...

I know he has been having issues with his feet for a while...

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 game winning streak...can it get any sweeter than this....:-)

Supersport

Post Number: 9623
Posted From: 64.118.137.226
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes.

Tetsua

Post Number: 439
Posted From: 69.246.5.196
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this would be much "sweeter" if the bench were more involved in the success.

Ericdfan
Username: Ericdfan

Post Number: 57
Posted From: 68.41.117.60
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pulling away from the spurs..They have had back to back losses against the Hornets and Bucks..Two very weak teams...

Tetsua

Post Number: 443
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Revenge is sweet

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2090
Posted From: 66.167.58.137
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We all know it is a long season and downturns or injuries are certain to happen but right now this team is in a class of its own. There are the Pistons and then there are all the rest.

Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 209.180.254.19
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still no R E S P E C T! Five point favorites at home against the Spurs? They look great. Enjoyable to watch. go pistons

Tetsua

Post Number: 445
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yesturdays win over the Heat makes a 9 game winning streak that I think can honestly continue to at least 13. It's becoming clear that nobody in the East can beat the Pistons (the loss the the Wizards was a fluke). Can't we just fast forward somehow to the finals?

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't jinx it now...

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 236
Posted From: 68.252.125.222
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great bunch of guys! The chemistry between them is unbelievable. No wonder Larry loved this group!

Mike

Post Number: 550
Posted From: 68.41.109.36
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The win over the heat was impressive. However, I still think that the Heat are a great team. Think about it, the Pistons were at home, have almost every advantage. The Heat are on a new team, coach is only a few days in there, they have not had time to get "good" together yet. The Pistons still stuggled to beat them.

The Heat are good and are only going to be better. Pistons will have a difficult time BEATING them in the playoffs.

This talk about 70 wins is crazy. I don't think the Pistons will or should try to pull it off. Right when they get the best record in the league and have homecourt advantage, they should start resting and playing thier bench more and get the bench read for the playoffs. Flip is doing that more now, I was suprised by how much Arroyo played yesterday, and he held his own. They need to keep playing the bench more often and often while still racking up victories.

Jblaze
Username: Jblaze

Post Number: 13
Posted From: 69.14.120.66
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why does this thread have like 10% as many posts as the one about the Lions??? Let's celebrate our winners (we are the BEST team in the NBA) and stop fretting about the losers (who are largely supported by suburbanites, i might add). There is a HUGE difference between the managerial and strategy skills of Bill Davidson/Joe Dumars vs. WC Ford/Matt Millen.

Not to mention Matt Millen is your typical xenophobic a-hole of sorts.

Tetsua

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the second 15 point beating given to the Spurs this season. I think they mean to prove a point time around. This is the first game in a while where I was impressed with the defensive game.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 1549
Posted From: 68.84.183.189
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the way they handled the Spurs. I am in such awe of these guys and their professionalism. At the end of the game, the reporter asked Chauncey about his All-Star status and he replied how he plays an All-Star game 82 games in the season with his team mates. Talk about not being selfish and all about the team.

It's nice to have the epitome of a great team in this town.

Devinc
Username: Devinc

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 69.14.138.74
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rebounding is the big question with this team. I saw a great effort rebounding from the whole team tonight. With that effort they cannot be beaten. I saw great focus tonight and it felt like a playoff game. I can't wait for the playoffs!

1honey

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great game last night. I can't wait for the playoffs, too!!!

Genesyxx

Post Number: 400
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweep the Spurs, get swept by the Jazz. Am I missing something here? And who wants to bet 4 Pistons make the All-Star Game?

Erobtheone
Username: Erobtheone

Post Number: 12
Posted From: 68.21.12.226
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chauncy said something last night that epotimizes this team - he told the reporter, "hey man i play an all-star game every night. my entire team are all stars". big up to Chauncy.

Erob
Chicago by way of Detroit

Ericdfan

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

handed the hawks their asses by 30

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 662
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are gaining more and more steam every game they play. Deeeeetroit Basketball!!!

Go Pistons!!

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2313
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Naw Ben wouldn't posssibly bow out after the season now would he?

http://www.nba.com/news/255261 .html

Tetsua

Post Number: 461
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone else forget that they weren't playing at home? They were chanting "SHEEEED" so much, it seemed there were more Pistons fans in the stands.

Atl_runner
Username: Atl_runner

Post Number: 1788
Posted From: 68.209.118.72
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you kidding me? Atlanta is Detroit south. Where do you think everyone has moved to? Same thing happens when the wings come to town.

Tetsua

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, I know it's Detroit south I know a bunch of folks who moved there after college. It was just funny HOW loud people were cheering for the Pistons, instead of the Hawks.

Super_d

Post Number: 590
Posted From: 205.188.116.137
Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Piston are 'murdering' tha' Knicks__the knicks are pathetic:-)

super d(motordetroit)

Tetsua

Post Number: 466
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What got into Delfino lately? I like the way the bench is looking

Super_d

Post Number: 592
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"What got into Delfino lately?"

He's finally 100% healthy.

super d(motordetroit)

Devinc
Username: Devinc

Post Number: 17
Posted From: 69.14.138.74
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the bench has looked awesome as of late.
Even Darko looked less stiff than usual tonight.
35-5, no problem

Smogboy

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poor Larry Brown's stuck with that pathetic team now. Oh well... his loss. He could've stuck around here if he wanted to, but Noooo (apologies to John Belushi)... he wanted his beloved Knicks.

And Detroit kicked their proverbial a$$es all over the place. At what quarter would you say the game was already in the bag??

Ericdfan

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1st quarter when the lead by 10. that was it right there..even the hawks stuck around till halftime...geeze...

Super_d

Post Number: 617
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

34-5 NUFF SAID!

super d(motordetroit)

Tetsua

Post Number: 479
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finally Amir Johnson got to see some floor time. This has got to be one of the best benchs in the league, even the guys who rarely play come out fierce.

Mike

Post Number: 567
Posted From: 66.227.165.194
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit's bench is its weak point. Other than Dyce, they don't really have much.

Although, there is hope.

Hunter is coming back, Arryo can bring it and he is learning to play with the team, and Evans is a great player in the making.

They just really need another big man. Hopefully Davis will be that man, Darko did not pan out as we hoped.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2217
Posted From: 66.167.58.137
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a blow out. The Pistons are in the stratosphere.

I loved the Amir Johnson debut moment. He starts out awkwardly with a charge and foul, ends gracefully with a monster windmill dunk and big stuff block. Ah, to be 18 and in the bigs, if for only a first cup of coffee.

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2300
Posted From: 199.74.87.131
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike, I think Maurice Evans is pretty good.

Smogboy

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 5:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So you think Flip is glad to be in Detroit now as opposed to Minnesota? At leas they were classy & cheered for him as opposed to booing him upon his return.

Super_d

Post Number: 619
Posted From: 69.241.247.137
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"Detroit's bench is its weak point, other than Dyce, they don't have much".

'Mike' take your pick on which bench you would rather have__ this list is from the teams in the east that will probably most challenge the Pistons.....

Miami(2nd unit)
Payton
Walker
Mourning
Kapono
Somien

Indiana(2nd unit)
Tinsley
Jasikevicious
Chroshere
Foster
Bender

NewJersey(2nd unit)
Vaugh
Planinic
Murray
Uncle Cliff Robinson
Marc Jackson

Cleveland(2nd unit)
Wilks
Paulovic
Marshall
Hughes

Philadephia(2nd unit)
Ollie
Steven Hunter
Barnes
Salmons
Randolph

Pistons(2nd unit)
Arroyo
Delfino
Evans
McDyess
Darko/or Linsey

Maybe Miami can make a descent challenge__ but those guys are up in age.

Point is, the Pistons have the best bench in the East.

super d(motordetroit)

Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 89
Posted From: 71.211.141.143
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just watching the Pistons is fun. Worth every minute, The team lokks as if they are having a blast out on the court. GO PISTONS!!!!!!

Super_d

Post Number: 635
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW, AMAZING, 35-5

DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL!

super d(motordetroit)

Super_d

Post Number: 652
Posted From: 64.12.116.204
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pistons 102 Lakers 93/ eee-leven in a row!

37-5!

kobe 39 points:-)

super d(motordetroit)

Smogboy

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For a while there it looked like varsity versus JV. I was hoping for a little bit better competition but I guess when you're as solid as Detroit, everyone looks pretty bad.

Damon

Post Number: 648
Posted From: 172.144.85.74
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LIVE FOR DETROIT PISTONS BASKETBALL!

37-5 :-)

Tetsua

Post Number: 491
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lakers have one poor excuses for a team. Kobe is the only competent one out there. It suits me just fine though, cuz I'm a long time Laker hater :-)

1honey

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I LIVE FOR DETROIT PISTONS BASKETBALL!

I'm with you D.

Tetsua

Post Number: 500
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chauncey Billups is the devil himself

Genesyxx

Post Number: 423
Posted From: 12.2.196.17
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can I just say that Detroit is becoming into a fair-weather 3-ball team. It's driving me crazy! The playbook against the Nets must've gotten thrown out the window early. Too many early 3 tries and nothing but screen and pop's for Rip. Granted, Tay was taken out cause of foul trouble, but it seems like they gave up on what they're known for. Methodically picking apart defenses.

Rjk

Post Number: 258
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

11 of Rasheed's 14 shots were from 3 point range and he only made one.

Yesterdays game looked like a case of a team getting too full of themselves and thinking they could turn it on at the end.

Oddly enough they certainly had a chance to win it in the closing minutes, but they most certainly didn't deserve to win yesterday considering the way they played.

1honey

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have to agree with you Genesyxx. Billups was hot as hell and he kept throwing the ball to Sheed. Sheed couldn't hit the side of a barn last night.

Oh well, let's see what happens tonight. Go Pistons!!!

Ohudson

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superbowl hangover!!!

I would be dissappointed if I couldn't go to the festivities in the city I work in. The Pistons are going to miss the 2 best party nights (Friday and Saturday) with road games. Maybe the team sent imposters with Chauncey so they could go to the Elysium with Shady Records... It's a thought!! LOL

I remember Stevie Franchise bailing on the Rockets to stay in Houston for the parties 2 years ago.

Blessyouboys

Post Number: 281
Posted From: 69.209.189.182
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The trade deadline was today and we didn't pick up a PG a many expected. Anyone else a bit concerned with only a fairly healthy Lindsay Hunter and rookie Acker to backup Chauncey?

Ohudson

Post Number: 120
Posted From: 147.240.236.9
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not much more concerned than I was when Carlos Arroyo was the back up. He was good at times, but very inconsistent. I agree with Joe D when he stated that if something happened to Billups, we're screwed anyway, no matter who the back up is...

Also, I would like to see Acker play. The NBA loves to pass around has-been or never quite lived up to the hype guys. Give the young guy a chance.

Lowell
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2311
Posted From: 66.167.211.61
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lindsay looks better than Arroyo already. Watching him right now. Darko who?

Super_d

Post Number: 731
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lindseys return would have limited Arroyo's minutes anyway!

Final Score looked close tonight, but the Pistons were up by 20 with 4 minutes to go__ junk time made it close:-)

Darko stats with Orlando the other night.....

6 minutes 2 points = same old Dark-no!

super d(motordetroit)

Super_d

Post Number: 733
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take that Chicago, Cry Cry Cry! Scott Skiles said,

quote:

"The Pistons are known for crying about every call"

I guest that's why we are 45-9.....the rivalry seems to be heating up. I would much rather beat up on Chicago than Indiana:-)

super d(motordetroit)

Blessyouboys

Post Number: 283
Posted From: 69.209.134.126
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darko Line: 8pts, 5 rebs, 2 blks. 22 Minutes.

Arroyo added 18 in 26 Min as well.

This probably was just one of those games where you feel like you have something to prove, I hope.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/bo xscore?gid=2006022419

Tetsua

Post Number: 535
Posted From: 68.40.225.48
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He still sucks anyway :-)

Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2375
Posted From: 129.105.104.234
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In comparison to Carlos Arroyo, Darko sucks. :-)

Super_d

Post Number: 736
Posted From: 152.163.100.8
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok.....can we stick a fork in Cleveland? After Back to Back wins....all the air from King James and Company is loooooooong gone!

Bye Bye BRON BRON!:-)

super d(motordetroit)

(Message edited by super_d on February 27, 2006)

Jimelnino
Username: Jimelnino

Post Number: 356
Posted From: 68.61.118.126
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuck Cleveland, in the Detroit sports forums I frequent, their fans get all uppidy whenever they beat one of our teams. Nothing makes me happier than wiping the floor with them 2 days in a row, even though we played 4 games in 5 days.

PISTONS! WOOT WOOT!

-Jim

Ericdfan

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if you ask me, that adds credibility to our team..it shows that we have good energy and stamina

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 428
Posted From: 136.1.1.101
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tony Delk will be signed today. The Detroit News made it sound like a sure thing and DFN says it's just a matter of time before he does. I have a good feeling about Delk--he's not a necessity, but definitely a welcomed insurance policy should something go terribly wrong. Plus the Pistons have a way of getting the best out of players that other teams don't want.

Tetsua

Post Number: 540
Posted From: 69.246.0.197
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seemed like everyone played their ass off tonight. That was easily the most suspensful game I've seen of the season.

Dmart
Username: Dmart

Post Number: 16
Posted From: 68.84.183.222
Posted on Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A 3 page LA-Times article on the Pistons, great article.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ la-sp-pistons4mar04,1,4179427. story?page=2&cset=true&ctrack= 1&track=rss

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.