Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Southfield student dies in traffic accident « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 690
Posted From: 24.221.73.69
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Girl was struck while crossing Evergreen

What a tragic loss of a young life--all because some idiot couldn't wait a couple of minutes for the bus to pick up school kids.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 127
Posted From: 141.217.46.39
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that idiot needs his butt whipped and needs to be charged with 2nd degree murder not manslaughter

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 552
Posted From: 12.47.84.53
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard on the News following this incident that the driver who killed the poor girl had a long history of driving-related incidents like reckless driving, speeding tickets etc. When are we getting drivers who turn their cars into lethal weapons once behind the wheel off of our streets?

Rms
Username: Rms

Post Number: 4
Posted From: 141.211.114.43
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The young girl who was killed is my coworker's niece. The loss of this promising young life has simply devistated many in the family. I heard the same things about the driver's poor driving record. Thank goodness the driver stayed and cooperated. It's bad enough as it is, but if it had been a hit and run, the family would have had less closure. Who could possibly be in that big of a hurry? No excuse.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1137
Posted From: 69.220.230.150
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I heard on the News following this incident that the driver who killed the poor girl had a long history of driving-related incidents like reckless driving, speeding tickets etc. When are we getting drivers who turn their cars into lethal weapons once behind the wheel off of our streets?

When stop making a big deal out of drunk driving and realize that horrible incidents like this occur without alcohol and make an all out effort to get terrible drivers off the road.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 100
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was reading the article linked above. It says that the bus had it's flashing YELLOW lights on. Cars are not required to stop unless the RED lights are flashing. So my question is why were the RED lights not flashing while students were in the street??? A terrible shame.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 594
Posted From: 199.178.193.5
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two questions: it's pretty dark at 6:45AM? I haven't been up that early in a long time. I understand the bus was stopping to pick up kids..but how did he hit her in the center lane? What was she doing out there?..I gotta admit I've passed plenty of schoolbusses with their yellow flashers on.....in my town they leave them on all the time during the time they are making stops...flashing red is when you need to stop......

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2094
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regardless of the fact I can almost gurantee that they are going to convict him of negligent something becuase he did not act as a responsible driver given the conditions...

Even if the lights that were flashing were yellow he should have treated them as if the were red anyway. At least until he made sure that the way was clear. However from the article it seems as if he was in a big hurry. So I wil not excuse his error. His apology will not bring that young lady back NOR ease her family's pain

(Message edited by Detroit_stylin on December 09, 2005)

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 128
Posted From: 70.228.0.49
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he hit her in the center lane because he dodge out into it to prevent himself from stopping BEHIND the car that STOPPED next to the bus
this is how it looked

girl
[his car] / [stopped car] / bus

EVEN IF the yellow lights were on...he should have stopped because the FLOW OF TRAFFIC had stopped

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2095
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a apretty creative way of showing us the scene MrsJdaniel...:-)

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 553
Posted From: 68.60.139.186
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sj, while driving drunk IS a big deal, I agree with you. Alcohol is by far not the only factor in terrible car accidents, the main factor - in my opinion - is many driver's arrogant and aggressive attitudes, who think they're invincible in their monster SUV's and expensively insured Lexuses/BMW's.

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 69.217.228.156
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen many many expensive vehicles driving around with damage that leads me to believe half those cars are not insured.
very sad.

Superduperman
Username: Superduperman

Post Number: 46
Posted From: 69.242.220.138
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I didn't know the young lady personally she was a close aquaintance of my girlfriends and she took it pretty hard,my heart goes out to the family for their loss...

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1431
Posted From: 4.229.132.201
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sj I pray that your post was a feeble attempt at humor........if not god help us all in your driving presence.
This ties into the getting out of a speeding ticket thread and I speak from my own asshole drving experience i.e. I was one. Thru tickets fines and even a (thankfully) non injury accident I have learned to be a good driver.....anyone can drive being a good to excellent driver requires more.
So it does not surprise me that this shit head had a lousy driving record.I expected it.And with a lousy driving comes selfish and dangerous driving habits.
Years ago a I was mandated by the sec of state to attend a driving (remidial) course.One stat really impressed me..........for every movong violation a driver is cited for he/she has commited five hundred.........

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.