Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Montgomery Ward in Dearborn - any new updates ? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 291
Posted From: 69.215.30.34
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The former Montgomery Ward on Michigan Ave. in Dearborn had been vacant for a while. The location is diagonally across from the Arab American National Museum by the corner of Michigan/Schaefer.

The last I heard, the city of Dearborn was planning to purchase the property and then open it up for proposals of a mixed-use development. Does anybody have any new info. regarding the progress ?

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 27
Posted From: 24.210.104.116
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The plan is to turn it into a superblock a la the Jacobson's site and the block next to it on the west side. I wouldn't get too excited about it too quickly though- both of those projects were years in the making. If memory serves, the site where Starbucks and Mongo are now was just a vacant lot for close to a decade. To make matters worse, I think that the city has yet to even put out a call for development plans. Dearborn isn't exactly the fastest when it comes to development turnaround times.

The_aram
Username: The_aram

Post Number: 4595
Posted From: 68.43.31.87
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove by it last night and saw that the interior lights were on. Seemed kind of odd. Is that normal?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.