Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » New Eastern Market shop offers accessories, home accents with urban flair « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 896
Posted From: 68.73.53.35
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Model D......

Urban Décor & Accents at 2453 Russell is adding to the diversity of shops located in Eastern Market.

The store, which opened earlier this month, offers a “mix of accessories for women and men and for your home,” says owner Keith Kelly, “helping to provide for the urban clientele.” The shop has handbags, jewelry, scarves and gloves brought in from all over the world, including places like Asia, Italy and Brazil.

By mid-February, Urban Décor & Accents will also sell custom-made blinds, bedding, and window fashions. Kelly has been in the interior design business for more 20 years, and felt there was a void in Detroit for exclusive interior home accents.

Kelly will design his own exclusive line of bedding called Urban Décor Exclusive. The also will carry name brand blinds and window treatments, along with window scarves and panels made to fit the large urban windows of Detroit’s lofts and large homes. A wide array of fabrics and design books will be available in the store for those who seek custom designs.
Urban Décor & Accents holiday hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Has anyone been to this store? Looks like a great place to do some last minute holiday shopping.

PLEASE SUPPORT SMALL DETROIT BASED BUSINESSES!

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1874
Posted From: 68.40.224.107
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keith and his partner Michael are friends of mine. They are good guys and have always invested in Detroit. Most recently they owned 3rd Street Saloon and they are opening two more Detroit restaurants in the next few weeks! Support Detroit Business!

Futurecity
Username: Futurecity

Post Number: 199
Posted From: 70.236.175.159
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6261
Posted From: 198.208.251.23
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And they are open til 7PM. I can actually support a local business after work.

I see the otehr store listing in Model D carries standard business hours. Will the extra 2 hours kill them? As much as I try to support all local business the 10-5 hours at some places make it impossible.

I'll be stopping in today to do some Christmas shopping.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1374
Posted From: 69.213.81.108
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any business opening in Detroit is good news. However, strange mix of items. I can buy jewelry and windows blinds at the same store. Who would have thunk it?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 2828
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, that place is also called "Meijer." lol I remember a friends mom who refused to shop at Meijer (and other big box retailers) because she said it was just wrong that you could buy groceries and clothing under one roof. lol

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 899
Posted From: 69.212.173.138
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried to go to this store yesterday afternoon, to no avail, I could not find it!!

Anyone know what block it is on?

I did get some good gift buying done at Raffal Spice though, they have some nice gift baskets.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 2418
Posted From: 68.79.103.27
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corner of Russell and the street along I-75.
Formerly The COOKIE FACTORY or RIVERTOWN DELI

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 396
Posted From: 194.138.39.53
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SaWEET! I'm set to do my Xmas shopping tomorrow, so this will add to my stops downtown! Thanks for the tip!

Plus, I can kill two birds with one stone... Detroit AND "family" owned business. Perfect. :-)

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 397
Posted From: 69.212.63.213
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, so I found the place. For those who are having a hard time, it's formerly the bakery on the corner of Russell and the service drive by Planet Pizza and Russell Street Deli.

Also, the stuff they have there is VERY affordable. Some pretty cool things, too. FYI... I found almost nothing for men, but the handbags and other stuff for women were very cool.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 414
Posted From: 68.61.98.175
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went this afternoon - very nice store. DDuo is right, women's stuff but it looks very promising for everybody.

HANDBAGS TO DIE FOR. Cheap cheap cheap! Beautiful scarves too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.