Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Wayne County Commissioners Block Land Bank in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Michigansheik
Username: Michigansheik

Post Number: 54
Posted From: 63.65.97.67
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jewel Ware the County Commission Chair is blocking the Land Bank for Wayne County because Detroit gets only 1 seat on the 5 member board. I wish this would just move forward and am comfortable with input from the rest of wayne county. What do you think? Is she doing the right thing?

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1400
Posted From: 69.213.204.139
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends.

If she is able to get a better representation deal, she's a terrific leader who is bound for bigger and better things.

If she can't, she's an ass who should be voted out of office immediately.

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 379
Posted From: 141.216.1.4
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Genesee County Land Bank has been very active lately, buying up parcels in Flint. I don't know what Flint's representation is. I do know that some have criticized Treasurer Dan Kildee for moving too far, too fast with getting land and buildings.

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 925
Posted From: 68.61.183.223
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so does this scrap the deal? or just sent it to get renegotiated? how far would this set this motion back?

Jsmyers
Username: Jsmyers

Post Number: 1328
Posted From: 209.131.7.68
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that there will possibly be two land banks, a City of Detroit Land bank, and a Wayne County Landbank.

The county landbank will somewhat overlap, as it will be active in the city.

I'm not sure if the city needs greater representation on the county landbank, but that depends on who the other reps are. If their constituancies are the entire county, then I'd say no. If they are from other cities and townships, than seats should be proportional to population.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.