Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » ::: Detroit Lions ::: » Detroit Lions (4-10) at New Orleans Saints (3-11) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 42
Posted From: 68.60.133.115
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now this is one game that they really should win. It will ruin my christmas if they don't win..... Well not really because I know they already suck.

21-7 Detroit

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9642
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would it ruin your Christmas? Christmas day you will get to see the Pistons kick the Spurs asses. All will be well as visions of sugar plums dance in our heads.

Czar
Username: Czar

Post Number: 2786
Posted From: 72.49.172.214
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New Orleans 19 Detroit 10

Super_d
Username: Super_d

Post Number: 477
Posted From: 152.163.100.195
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions will turn the corner on this game__ this will give us the momentum for the rest of he season.

Lions 35
Aint's 14

Oh! it's only 2 games left.

super d(motordetroit)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 1485
Posted From: 68.84.183.189
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 2:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least Joey will finally have an opportunity to really play. I hope the offense gets a little bolder here and they go downfield a little more. One of the most boring aspects of this season has been their conservative play calling and with nothing to lose, I hope they really air it out now.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 299
Posted From: 68.40.89.238
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At this point, with all that has happened this year, I would rather see them lose and get a better draft pick. Besides, I think they are so demoralized and injured, they will lose.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 156
Posted From: 207.200.116.134
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, winning by one point over the Ain'ts is nothing to brag about. This is still one sad-assed football franchise.

Smogboy hit it right. Boring with the worst offensive game plan in the league.

FWIW, my 2nd fav team is the Pack, having been in Lambeau many times for games. Great town, great football tradition, horrible season. Sigh.

Smogboy

Post Number: 1489
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dropped balls, dropped balls, dropped balls... oh let me count the ways!

It still wasn't that effective of an offense today. The play calling was about as conservative as can be AGAIN! Even if we did supposedly have these big guns in the offense, why are they firing off like we had pop guns??

hooray for the victory. yippee... snore.

Smogboy

Post Number: 1491
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 3:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I'll admit it.

Their first drive was somewhat impressive, that is until Joey heaved it up for a interception. I think that has been the first time where I've seen the Lions march and not stumble down the field with some force or determination. They actually controlled the clock and seemed to move with some authority there for a bit.

And to see Shaun Rogers dragging and get shoved across the goal line for his first career TD was like a Laurel & Hardy film live. Way to go, pro bowler!

Supersport

Post Number: 9645
Posted From: 64.178.251.17
Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JOEY! JOEY! JOEY!

Now, just think if these recievers would learn to catch the ball and we had a running back that could gain yards. Oh yeah, throw in an offensive line that can block, then the offense would be set.

Seriously, Joey looked decent yesterday. I still believe he will be the starting qb next year and hope that he finishes the season strong. Joey won this game for us yesterday, he came through when we needed him most. Maybe, just maybe this will build a little confidence with his teamates.

Smogboy

Post Number: 1493
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joey seems to have the support of Roy Williams at least.

Now as far as some of his other team mates, it remains to be seen. I also wonder how much credibility he has with Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. I know earlier Marcus Pollard seems to believe in him as well.

Anyone else think that Joey will be back??

Supersport

Post Number: 9648
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harrington = 5 wins

Garcia = 0

Czar

Post Number: 2787
Posted From: 72.49.94.109
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neither Harrington nor Garcia will be back.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 7950
Posted From: 64.228.65.21
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bet you $25.00US (if I win you can pay me in Canadian) that at least one will be back...

Mike Williams is a dud and the play calls are just terrible! Someone please take Jauron off of our hands..please?

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 78
Posted From: 209.180.254.19
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:
"Harrington = 5 wins

Garcia = 0"
______________________________ ____________
That is not true. Garcia started and played the whole game in the win at Cleveland.

Czar

Post Number: 2788
Posted From: 72.49.173.45
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, I would never bet on anything I expect the Lions management to do or not do. LOL.

Supersport

Post Number: 9649
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the words of hotfudgedetroit, make it $2,000!

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 2363
Posted From: 64.12.116.195
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joey, Joey, Joey

Like a perfumed woman,
The wind blows in the bunk-house-
Like a perfumed woman,
Smellin' of where she's been.
Smellin' of Oregon cherries
Or maybe Texas avocado
Or maybe Arizon sugar beet.
The wind blows in
And she sings to me,
'Cause I'm one of her ramblin' kin.

She sings-
Joey, Joey, Joey,
Joey, Joey, Joe
You've been too long in one place
And it's time to go, time to go!
Joey, Joey, Joey
Joey, travel on

You've been too long in one town
And the harvest time's come and gone
That's what the wind sings to me
When the bunk i'be been bunkin' in
Gets to feelin' too soft and cozy,
When the grub they've been cookin' me
Gets to tastin' too good,
When I've had all I want of the ladies
in the neighborhood.

She sings-
Joey, Joey, Joey,
Joey, Joey, Joe
You've been too long in one place
And it's time to go, time to go-time to go!
Joey, Joey, Joe.

Smogboy

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry Foster suggested on the radio this morning that he thinks it'd be a good idea to have Joey next year as a back-up here in Detroit. His logic was to go out there and see if we could get somebody... anybody and if they turn into a bust, we could still have a somewhat emerging talent in Harrington.

Garcia is obviously done here because of age.

But it leaves me to think who could the Lions conceivably get to be their starting QB??

And if the Lions do get a new head coach that backs Joey to be the starting QB, I think they'll have to re-tool the offense to suit his strengths. For the last few years here I'm starting to wonder if we ruined a possibly good talent- three coaches for him with no vision or direction. We hoped that Mooch was going to be the guy who was going to turn him into another Favre, Young or even a young Garcia but we've been hearing that he hardly even spoke to Harrington much. What a waste of time Mooch was then- if that's true.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.