Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Lofts @ Woodward Center (architecture question) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 2854
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone fill me in on the names, address, and/or histories of each of the three buildings (I think it's three) of this loft complex? There is a skinny, 8-story building at the southeast corner of Woodward and John R. Then a red-brick building next door of 7-stories, and then a cream-colored 6-story building next door to that.

BTW, in an loosely related question, is the 18 State Street/Kresge's Red Front Store (at Woodward and State south of Merchants Row) currently being used, and if so, what?

Basic questions, I know, but I often get the many low-rises and blocks on Lower Woodward mixed up.

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 474
Posted From: 69.242.214.106
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't remember the name of the skinny building with Oslo on the ground floor, but the 3 buildings that make up the Lofts @ Woodward are the Ferguson, Healy, and Beck

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 475
Posted From: 69.242.214.106
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The building at State and Woodward has just started renovation. The ugly tiles that covered up the second floor windows have been removed, but no other work has been done yet.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 2855
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you know who's doing the renovation work on the State and Woodward building? Thanks for the help, so far.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.