Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Blond girls - maybe 1981-84? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 915
Posted From: 69.212.173.138
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember when I was about 6, 7 or 8 years old, I would go to work with my mom most days in the summer, to her framing shop at 555 Shelby.

On our way down Jefferson each day, we would pass these 3 or 4 blond girls and women, right around the Uniroyal Plant, carrying shopping bags, headed towards downtown. They wore long robe type things, like capes, maybe?

I remember being facinated by these girls, every morning I would say "look mom, the blonds", and I would ask her incessant questions about them, where they were going, what they were doing, where they lived, etc.

Does anyone have ANY clue what I am talking about?

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 336
Posted From: 64.79.90.206
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not about those girls.

About ten years ago, I used to see two old ladies that looked like twins carrying shopping bags, wearing matching hats, walking on Michigan Ave in east Dearborn nearly every day. They appeared to be real walkers. I always worried because, as you know, in life one must go and one must stay. I worried about the one that would be left.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 2239
Posted From: 68.43.15.105
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they came from one of the homes for the disabled on E Grand Boulevard.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.