Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Eastside shooting today? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 68
Posted From: 4.229.114.33
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was watching the Channel 7 news and they were reporting from the east side, where three would-be robbers were shot as they broke into someone's home. Two are dead and one, a 15 year old boy, survived.
Does anyone know where this shooting occurred? It looked like the houses in the EEV/Morningside area, but they never said--and we have had a series of daytime break-ins lately.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 764
Posted From: 69.246.13.131
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I heard Sommerset and Whitter.
Thats good if the homeowner did it in self defence.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 122
Posted From: 68.61.55.140
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah for the good guys. =)

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 303
Posted From: 69.221.68.105
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3 for 1 ...not bad!

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 577
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By now we should know that in each neighborhood where breakins and theft occur, it is usually done by some thief that canvasses the area daily. With drug abuse running rampamt these thieves are very well known to claim a certain area as their "turf".

These guys probably know the neighborhood very well and are probably responsible for a great percentage of the areas breakins. The homeowner did a great service to his/her neighborhood and hopefully sent a strong message to the next thug that thinks about stepping foot in someones domain.

kudos goes out to the homeowner

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 1129
Posted From: 141.213.173.94
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sends a good message, and indeed I've just been talking on other threads about how EEV and NE Detroit along Mack and Warren have held together so well over the years (and how we want to keep it that way)...an incident like this scares locals and the thugs alike, I think, because of the fact that there was real bloodshed...but the effect of scaring the thugs is most important.

Perhaps now they'll keep hitting up Balfour and Westchester and Washington and other such GP streets where there has been a rash of break-ins but nobody has grabbed their gun yet.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 8007
Posted From: 64.228.198.222
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you really think a junkie (if they were junkies) would be "scared" about this? They have no sense of reality...in one ear and out the other. I'm sure most forgot about this already while looking for their next fix.
If anything this could make junkies arm themselves; If they don't sell the weapon first.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 580
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know this incident reminds me of a friend of mine who caught a thief breaking into his home in the same area about 5 years ago. He feared for his families safety. He caught the guy in his home and shot him. The intruder was killed. He was a crackhead whose family hadn't seen him in years until they had to come and identify the body. The family (from Farmington Hills) painted this perfect picture of this guy and tried to sue my friend. They lost the case and my friend got off on account that the man was intruding upon his house and family and that he had no business being inside of his house. This case was very well known in the city and it was the topic for months.

I can't believe that the family tried to sue for monetary damages screaming that this was a traumatic loss in their family, considering they had not seen their son in months, maybe even years

Alexei289
Username: Alexei289

Post Number: 979
Posted From: 68.61.183.223
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.. Human beings are very good scavangers. The General rule seems to be to take what you can, whenever you can take it... Glad that turned out alrite, and good for him remaining strong against that attack.

I believe there are alot more honest people out there than there are criminals, and if people can start to arm themselves, we might actually get rid of these muther f*ckers.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.