Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Martha Reeves is on the Today Show « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 144
Posted From: 68.248.6.205
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh my - and she is in NY on the set not in the WDIV studio...

she said said that she was "called"...

and she is giving evryone a SHOUT OUT...she just named everybody on the council by name!

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 685
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Somehow I don't think this will bode well with the council.

I guess its all in the name of name recognition.

What is she talking about???

Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 146
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nothing really...it was a 5 minute interview...she couldve saved money and time and did it live in studio...

she talked about her pastor and church, gave them a shout out by name, talked about the prayer of jazeb, and said the was called to the Council.

She also referenced her "campaigning" of that I never saw...

then she gave the council a shout out name by name

then she said she wants a statue of Joe Louis on the street and to rename West Grand Blvd to Berry Gordy Blvd (the part that is Gen Motors Blvd)

then it was ova

Broken_main

Post Number: 689
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She won the council seat basically on name recognition. As far as her being a politician, she is just a freshman to me. I expect many controversial decision on her part in the future.

I don't think that Berry Gordy Blvd is gonna fly well with many of us. She should stick with city issues for now. I don't think giving Berry Gordy recognition should be high on the councils agenda.

Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 149
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hecks naw...dude dont even live here anymore

Mcpd1300
Username: Mcpd1300

Post Number: 20
Posted From: 68.42.174.123
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yuppers... from what I've seen of her at the last council meeting, she's pretty inept when it comes to city issues. Granted, she is new, but let's get the city back on track financially and worry about the names of roads later... Besides, what has Berry Gordy done for this city lately? Outside of making his millions off of this city and ditching Detroit for warmer weather, he hasn't exactly done anything for us recently... although I guess he has given us a parking lot just in time for SBXL...

Ilovedetroit
Username: Ilovedetroit

Post Number: 1990
Posted From: 69.246.4.29
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw her at Fishbones staring at an aquarium (looked like a 5 year old)...it was sad for her and us!

Broken_main

Post Number: 694
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe we could name the parking lot after him.

GORDY PARK

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.