Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Ex Sterling Heights Council man admits to Cocaine « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pjazz
Username: Pjazz

Post Number: 13
Posted From: 69.212.62.212
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.macombdaily.com/sto ries/011906/loc_rice001.shtml

Lets talk about scandal outside of the city for a change. It's funny how suff like this doesn't seem as big as it would be in the city.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 695
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see what Hackel has to say about this. I sure he will say that Rice was coming to the "D" to get his drugs.

BTW, why do these suburbs and their officials always try and blame their citizens drug problems on Detroit??

Hockey_player
Username: Hockey_player

Post Number: 188
Posted From: 69.14.18.137
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where exactly in the article does anyone mention Detroit? Jeez, nice way to make up shit to bitch about.

Broken_main

Post Number: 696
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wasn't bringing shit up. I was just bringing up a stattemnet that was brought up in another thread concerning Macomb County. I try to stick with the facts. Forgive me for not posting the article. Jeeeeeeeeeeez!!!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20060121/NEW S01/601210352/1003/NEWS

Broken_main

Post Number: 697
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that you have got my attention again. I will do a little research and show you why I say this. For one, whenever there is an issue with drugs in the suburbs they always have to bring up Detroit.

We all know that there is an influx of drug dealings in Detroit. One of those little known facts is that a lot of the customers of these Mcdrugstops are these suburbanites(young and old) If you don't believe me, take a ride through the hood, better yet MY hood and see all the suits that come to the local crackhouse. One thing I know for sure is that there is no overabundance of suited white men living in my neighborhood.

Not to mention the regulars that solicit the neighborhood whores.

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 1559
Posted From: 4.229.126.162
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whaddayabitching about????? as Richard Pryor said they(the suburbanites) are only trying to help the local neighborhood economies.......

Broken_main

Post Number: 702
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO @ citylover. Thats a classic!!

Citylover

Post Number: 1561
Posted From: 4.229.126.162
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you have a sense of humor Broken_ main.

On a serious not here is my suggestion as a former drug user that often went to Detroit to buy drugs. Go and confront the suburban drug buyer.He/she for the most part is scared, apprehensive and skittish.When confronted or told to leave they most times will..... not that they won't come back.... but they will know not to park in front of your house next time.

As for me save your bluster about how I contributed to crime in Detroit.....I STOPPED LONG AGO......the issue now is with those that are still doing it..........besides I was one of those doing my part for the local economies......!

Broken_main

Post Number: 706
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One time, and only once have I had to confront someone. It was about 2 months ago and it was near dark. I saw the guy get out of the car three doors from the dope house(which means he parked next door to my house across the street). I just shook my head. I came back out 15 minutes later and he was in the car still...this time getting a BJ from one of the local crackheads. I walked up to the car and took his plates. He must have told her to stop and get out, and then he pulled off. She looked at me and said thanks, because he was taking too long anyway. I am sure she robbed him as well because she was checking her pockets to see how much she had.

CL..good job on staying clean.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 478
Posted From: 69.212.169.194
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CL..good job on helping destroy Detroit, then pretending you have nothing to do with it because you finally got your personal schitt together and ran to Ann Arbor.

"Its the crime..." - Yeah, the crime you helped roll downhill.

Dont pretend you had no impact other than on yourself. Others go into Detroit and help the economy in small ways by spending their money here for legal businesses large and small. Dont argue that they have no long term positive and that you had no long term negative.

Throws a match into the building, then yells about the fire from a cozy community. Go figure.

Got yourself clean? Congrats. Feel you can now turn around and throw barbs and not help turn it around? Pitiful.

I wonder what portion of someone's life you helped destroy. I wonder how much you helped motivate someone to stay in the drug dealing business. Was it just enough to keep one guy in it... one guy that later died because of it? Something to ponder.

Would I be typing any of this if you did more than throw barbs at Detroit?

(Message edited by east detroit on January 21, 2006)

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 3653
Posted From: 207.74.111.85
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even that DEAD (C)KRAK HEAD! Does his living in suburbantopia.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 2321
Posted From: 66.202.227.12
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East Detroit, you hit the nail square on the head...I am so damn glad that you said that for real...

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 9781
Posted From: 69.246.37.236
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

As for me save your bluster about how I contributed to crime in Detroit.....I STOPPED LONG AGO

So you helped build the foundation of Detroit's problems of today. Glad your hands are now clean.

Hamtramck_steve
Username: Hamtramck_steve

Post Number: 2647
Posted From: 69.208.124.121
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Getting back to the crackhead councilman from Sterile Whites, the coke residue ain't the half of it.

Nothing else was illegal, but it was enough to prevent any political future above elementary student council for him.

Then again, putting him around kids might not be wise, either.

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2287
Posted From: 199.74.87.131
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hey folks, I get my drugs from Detroit!"

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 3193
Posted From: 68.249.240.6
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hey folks, I steal my cars from Warren!"

Citylover

Post Number: 1563
Posted From: 4.229.123.53
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't you guys read? I said I was doing my part for the local detroit neighborhood economy.

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 396
Posted From: 71.10.63.140
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you are an idiot.

Thanks for participating in ruining the city.

Hope you enjoyed pumping up the local economy, as u say.

Have fun in AA, and good luck trying to dodge the bullets

Citylover

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You just lost my vote motorcitymayortwentytwentysix. ......

Jasoncw
Username: Jasoncw

Post Number: 88
Posted From: 148.61.248.29
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I definitily don't approve of drug dealing, prostitution, and other illegal businiesses, but I wonder how much of a boost to the economy it really is.

Citylover

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you asking about the boost in the illegal economy as in drug dealers and prostitutes and junkies? The money they spend with each other and the occasional chips and 40 ouncer they might buy at the local detroit party store?

Or are you asking about law enforcement and the almost gravy train like income enjoyed by many in the "war on drugs"?

As for me I am being facetious......but mcm2026 will have to win back my vote.

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 3679
Posted From: 141.217.119.145
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not usually one to stick up for Citylover, or anyone else for that matter, but this situation merits a pro-citylover post or two.

First off Motorcityblahblahblah what are you like 12? I seriously doubt CL less than noble behavior in the past had any significant effect on ruining "our city." And what's this "our" stuff I thought you lived in the burbs?

On to my main point, whatever you think of CL's past, whatever you think of his present day politics or ideas about Detroit, whatever you think of him personally...I have a to say the man has been clean for as long as some of you have been alive cut him a little slack.

Should every junkie have to serve a life sentence in the court of the self-righteous puritan mob? The man isn't running for public office or trying to spend time at your kids’ school.

Dude has a perspective on this subject that I (thank God) don't have. I may or may not agree with him but maybe it would be worth your while to shut up for half a second and listen to the guy. Then disagree with him if you so choose.

I'm all for disagreement but have a little dignity while being disagreeable. I mean Christ sometimes you people are about as broad minded and thoughtful as your average Ku Kluxer.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 606
Posted From: 69.47.170.119
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The amazing thing is the crack house and prostitution that is so blatently obvious in Broken_main's neighborhood. How can that be allowed to go on? It seems if the the neighbors recognize this but yet the cops can't go in and bust it? Is it complacence of the neighborhood or lack of action from the local governments? Both are serious problems. Telling a suburbanite to not come to Detroit to buy drugs in Detroit is not going to happen.

"If you build it they will come."

Detroit leaders and others are always talking about the problem of suburbanites coming to Detroit to buy drugs. It seems, from Broken_main story, that Detroit needs to stop the supply in it's own area first. Probablly stating the obvious though....

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 5393
Posted From: 70.200.175.214
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Jelk, backing CL up.

Fuck all of you and your pile-on.

Fuck YOU righteous sons of bitches.

Man gets himself together and is honest enough to discuss his past life with us to put a problem in context? That to me is welcome and important dialogue.

The rest of you are now on my B list...at least one arm's length away.

Judgemental fucks.

Sure, I'm playing your game, but only in defense for the greater good.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 5394
Posted From: 70.200.175.214
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, it's been a Tourette's kinda day.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 487
Posted From: 69.212.169.194
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rather than return the grammatical meanderings, I will simply state (again) that if CL did more than bash Detroit then he wouldnt be in the proverbial eternal court of judgment.

However, since he contributed to the mess Detroit is in criminally and then complains about same and has only negative things to say about Detroit (and does nothing positive about it) from his judgmental mound atop Mt St Ann Arbor... tough schitt when the mirror reflects!

Citylover

Post Number: 1573
Posted From: 4.229.123.171
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee whiz Jelk and Skulker I am touched you have come to my defense. Thank you both.

What should be known is that people wanting drugs be they habitual users or any other user will go where the drugs are.Sure I bought drugs in Detroit.I also bought drugs in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, and any where else I knew they were.

I don't offer that as a mitigating factor, it was wrong anywhere but the fact that I bought drugs in Detroit is incidental.

What would make me very angry is the dumping that goes on in Detroit.I am not codoning people buying drugs but when people think it is ok to dump cars and batteries and tires in someone elses neighborhood where there are children and pets that could be directly affected by toxic fluids , etc etc......that is wrong.

To those of you that do confront drug buyers where ever you live this might be a long shot but when telling them to leave the area in front of your homes you might also ask them(rhetorically of course)if this is how they want to live? Or tell them what a pathetic life you have........chances are it won't deter them but to that one person it might plant an idea.......

I hope that does not sound cornballish_ whatever you do be safe.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 607
Posted From: 69.47.170.119
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, lets just say I would NOT be the first person in line to tell a skiddish, scared, and possibly out of their mind person buying drugs that they have a pathetic life! ;)

but i suppose if it's my neighborhood then maybe.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.