Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » City of Detroit property info.. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 299
Posted From: 35.11.158.84
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is back online and up to date. The new system definately an improvement over the old.

http://www.detroitmi.gov/eGov/ PropertyTax/Disclaimer.aspx

Krawlspace
Username: Krawlspace

Post Number: 237
Posted From: 69.246.59.37
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The interface is a lot better. But where is the parcel map? That, to me, was the best feature. A lot of properties I look up have no addresses, so I would use a known address as reference and find the building I was looking for with the map.
Maybe I'm just missing it? Also gone are the year built info as well as square footage.

(Message edited by krawlspace on January 21, 2006)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3055
Posted From: 67.172.95.197
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, it's an improvement, but it's still obviously in its infancy. About all it's good for at the moment is telling you the address of a building. It looks like they finally got around to fixing that outdated system, and using the software that pretty much every other city is using. I know here in Lansing it tells you how many floors the property has, square footage, and includes photos of every property. I suspect it will take a year or two to cover Detroit as large as it is.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.