Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » Superbowl Party deals « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chachadoll
Username: Chachadoll

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 70.50.19.200
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is everyone doing for the Superbowl weekend? Does anyone have links to cheap party tickets? Post if you have any secret hookups.

Here's a link to an early bird ticket discount for the party being held on Superbowl Saturday at the Royal Oak Theatre

http://www.ypsn.com/events/def ault.asp

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6498
Posted From: 66.2.148.158
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SB is in Detroit. My partying during the SB will be in Detroit.

OC refused to pitch in any money to support the costs of the SB so why should their venues get to make money off it. After OC stated that they will not see enough economic benefit to help with the SB costs I do not see the need to support any SB related venues or activities in OC..

Audible_nectar
Username: Audible_nectar

Post Number: 37
Posted From: 12.214.103.152
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know what I WANT to do: "Bud Bowl 2006" at Tiger Stadium (either night). I've been calling in on various radio station contests to win these (they are all "given away" through radio station "parties" at bars, and call in contests). Since I am not local, the only choice I have is to call in (since I can listen live on the net). Been searching high and low for these, and will continue to do so once I get to town Super Bowl week.

So if anyone has a hookup on these, I would sure like to hear it :-)

(Message edited by Audible Nectar on January 22, 2006)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 6499
Posted From: 66.2.148.99
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A_N:

Hope you get them. Sadly, I know of very few people that have tickets to any SB events.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 734
Posted From: 69.222.11.226
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Budbowl is the only one that my wife wants to do as well. I too am listening to the stations to try and win them.

Audible_nectar

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The biggest event is free, BTW: The Winter Blast. I plan to spend lots of time down there. And as it turns out, all of my weekend activities appear to be in Detroit as well, as that's where I will be staying.

This is "The Big Kahuna" as far as the locals should be concerned. This party is for YOU too - I would advise those feeling left out to check it out. Every Super Bowl host city has a downtown/central bash these days - and that's where the rage is. I expect this year to be no different.

I think the local attitude from some that the downtown fest was "only for the out of town visitors" got overblown when the organizers stated that they wanted the non-ticketed to avoid the Downtown on Sunday. The organizers WANT all of you Detroiters down there - just not on Sunday if you are without game tix. They spent the jack to get all of that music down there. It's gonna be HUGE - especially if the weather cooperates. They are shutting the fest down on Sunday at 1PM on gameday as a message that the "party is over" on the street - the game gates open at 2PM.

I have a large stash of hand and toe warmers procured from the local sporting goods store - I hope to see you locals there :-)

Motorcitymayor2026
Username: Motorcitymayor2026

Post Number: 402
Posted From: 71.10.63.140
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Audible...

Glad you got out of KKK territory (Howell) and will be staying in the city. You mentioned u were renting a house, correct?? which part of town are u staying in??

The Winter Blast last year was a GREAT success, it had better continue in the years after the SB

Audible_nectar

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's in the general vicinity of Gratiot and I-94 - about 4-5 miles from the stadium....maybe a bit south of that spot. Found a very civic minded couple - some friends of a friend - these people are really hooking us up :-)

They also told us how we didn't want to stay in Howell - primarily because of the distance - AND the traffic. Basically we now have in house tour guides who are more than willing to show us around....and we'll be spending some time downtown together too, from the sounds of things.

Now all I have to do is get two Bud Bowl tickets, and I will have assembled the best Super Bowl trip imaginable. It's the final piece of the puzzle! This forum has been a tremendous help in the planning, BTW - what a fund of information, and some pretty good folks, too :-)

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 608
Posted From: 69.14.76.187
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AN - you got those Kanye West tickets though right? You were the one that posted it afterall! I've got about 16 friends or so that took advantage of that tip. Hope fully we'll see you there.

Audible_nectar

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, yeah, I've got those. Got Kid Rock tickets, too. If I can procure the Bud Bowl tickets, I will have assembled the perfect Super Bowl trip:-)

If any of you people got left out of all this, I'll bet tix will be circulating at the fest for many of these events (especially Kid Rock). Lots of resellers OVERbought these, and are not getting what they had hoped. With 35,000 of those ducats circulating, there are bound to be extras.

Chachadoll

Post Number: 3
Posted From: 70.50.19.200
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck on getting Bud Bowl tickets. There are people on Craigslist begging for those tickets. After today I am sure the demand will quadruple.

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 611
Posted From: 69.14.76.187
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't think there would be that much of a shortage, being that they could accomodate alot of people in Old TS. My guess is that all the Budweiser distributers have tickets and if you know one I'd hitemup!

Audible_nectar

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually HAVE done that, Sharmaal. I know the family that runs our local distributorship, and they got the regional office involved. Apparently the Detroit area gets priority, then a certain amount may be available for outside distributorships. They know my whole story, and seemed really interested in it (you know, working class Joe local dude scores Super Bowl tickets), so they do have an ear out for me - even to the extent of taking my cellular number in addition to my other information, so they can reach me last minute.

So I even have that base covered - but they did give the caveat - they can make no guarantees. I hope that as more of these get into circulation that they become more available through "secondary" sources (IOW, those willing to sell for a REASONABLE price). If I were local, I would be at every one of these bar promos over a weekend.

If I don't get into Bud Bowl, it won't be through lack of trying.

Canuckr
Username: Canuckr

Post Number: 10
Posted From: 71.67.157.248
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bud tickets are running up to $500 bucks on ebay.

Northend
Username: Northend

Post Number: 699
Posted From: 69.212.62.92
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone wanting to attend the Maxim party can go on their website. There, they want you to submit a picture of yourself (ideally a female) and if they deem you (the pix) is pretty enough, you get free tickets.
If you are a dude or an ugly fat chick, just post a picture of a bombshell and you are on the guestlist.

Treez4brkfst
Username: Treez4brkfst

Post Number: 95
Posted From: 68.21.61.1
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a hot wife, can I get a link?

Chachadoll

Post Number: 8
Posted From: 67.68.15.108
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Btw. What's everyone's Party plans for this weekend?

Strider
Username: Strider

Post Number: 1
Posted From: 64.136.27.228
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's another party but this one's catered to Steelers fans:

http://www.steelbowl.com

Restoretheroar
Username: Restoretheroar

Post Number: 664
Posted From: 199.67.140.210
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing beats 1001 Woodward with Miami Ink and George Clinton tomorrow

The_fly
Username: The_fly

Post Number: 76
Posted From: 68.75.223.134
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Fly and Hamtramck Steve have tixs to the pepsi show tonight. I am looking forward to spending the entire weekend downtown among all of the other fans from all over to enjoy what there is to offer.

Sailor_rick
Username: Sailor_rick

Post Number: 107
Posted From: 12.2.192.223
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What culturally aware Forumer really wants to attend an exclusive Superbowl “party” anyhow?

One would obviously and correctly covet the opportunity to attend MAINLINE DETROIT, a gathering in the spirit of and by Detroit’s original punk rockers with ART, MUSIC and FILM presented by Padded Cell & Studio Razor Braille.
All are welcome THIS SATURDAY NIGHT February 4th at CORKTOWN TAVERN 1716 Michigan Ave, Detroit. (West corner of Tiger Stadium at Cochrane) 248/336-6633.

Inspired by the ethos of Do It Yourself, we created our own ”Detroit” party over 25 years ago –one that everyone is now invited to.

That night, we will drink our personal choice of non NFL sanctioned beer, $2, 16oz or $2, well drinks.
We will listen to Brain Saw and Country Bob and the Blood Farmers; absorb the art work of Johnny Badanjek, Danny Dollrod, Tim Vulgar, Wendy Case, Jamie Easter, Jerry Vile, Jason Macgregor, Paul Stillborn, Beth Wilusz, Sailor Rick, Leni Sinclair and others.

Also the opportunity to view rare films of the Stooges, MC-5 and Sonic’s Rendezvous.

The opinions we form, will be untainted by “corporate” sponsorship, multi-million dollar contracts by the “thought-police” or the de-humanizing “cult of the personality”.

There will be NO valet parking, velvet rope or VIP room.

If Jimmy Kimmel, Miss Playboy December or the Seahawk’s linebacker What’s-His Name were at the door, they would be expected to pay the same $7.00 cover as Joe or Jane Blow.

“You grow up and you calm down…no man born with a living soul can be working for the clampdown.-The Clash

(if you are real celebrity, i will let you in the back door if i can have my picture taken with you. if you are corporation looking for a last minute realistic type detroit venue, i can have the place emptied in minutes. like what are they going to do. sue me. most of them havent had a full tank of gas since the sex pistols broke up. if you are an out-of- town journalist, i will be your driver/bodyguard in/with my detroit iron. this is an extremely dangerous city bubbe. i know-i was shot here. read gunned down in motown in the upcoming best of detroit murder city comix, www. papaya.net/dmcc. contact sailor rick at amalgamated conglomerates inc. habla espanol)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.